• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

So let's say this was a confirmed terrorist attack (it isn't confirmed, and I personally think it's too amateur and low damage to be a targeted terror attack). In theory, that would help Trump's message.

But by saying what he just said, he now gives Hillary a chance to latch on and point out how horribly unprepared he is, and that he didn't put the victims first, he put his own campaign first. It's very easy to take what he said and build a narrative around it that all he cares about is his campaign and maybe he was actually hoping the damage was worse than it was.

Clinton wouldn't and shouldn't say all that. Just say her heart goes out to the victims with injury. Then prod at Trump for jumping to conclusions without all the facts first.

It's nice to see that Bernie has been campaigning for Teachout ( the best name for anyone running this year)

But it's incredibly disappointing that he is still seemingly holding the "I'm not campaigning for anyone who didn't endorse me" grudge

benjipwns

Banned
Oh? How so?

Our two major parties are partially (but for the most part) independent organizations. They set their own rules for nominations.

Exactly what part isn't legal?
They're intertwined with the election law now. That's why you can spend like $250 and get on the NH Presidential Primary ballot.

If the two corporations wish to disentangle their internal politics from state election law, I'm all for that. Good luck explaining getting rid of primaries to voters though.

benjipwns

Banned
Oh? How so?

Our two major parties are partially (but for the most part) independent organizations. They set their own rules for nominations.

Exactly what part isn't legal?
While the parties are private, and they have the ability to manipulate rules, I don't think they will have the ability to just start outright banning anyone they don't want from running in the first place

Even if it holds up legally people will not accept it. Anyone should be able to run as a republican or democrat if they really want to.

Katy Tur ‏@KatyTurNBC
Reported 'explosion' in NY at 8:30. At 9:10 Trump tells CO a "bomb" went off. Source says trump was 'briefed' on plane. Who briefed him? (1)

Katy Tur ‏@KatyTurNBC
NYPD, FDNY, JTTF have not confirmed what caused the explosion. (2)

Katy Tur ‏@KatyTurNBC
Did an investigator on scene call Trump before they told anyone else? (3)

I recently read in another thread that Trump denied the threat of technological unemployment. After some brief Googling, I couldn't come up with anything to prove this.

Would someone here be kind enough to point me in the right direction? Thanks.

It's such a shame bernie was allowed to fight hillary as hard as he did; only o'malley, webb and chafee should have been allowed to and we should have the rules rewritten to favor the outcome desired by the corporate democrat machine as much as possible ;)

benjipwns

Banned
Just saw this clip of Rudy Giuliani on 9/11. He has completely lost touch with reality, but this fear mongering is not only dangerous, it's deplorable.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/775039809697910785
Interesting how Fox News doesn't reply to any of the tweets that sent these facts out:
CsGAKmNVIAA5hVP.jpg

CsF_HlmXEAIZEgU.jpg

LOCK

After Trumps admission that Obama is American, does anyone else think Obama's approval ratings increase? Especially from the right? I bet we see Obama hit 60% soon.

benjipwns

Banned
Another fact from those tweets:
It's such a shame bernie was allowed to fight hillary as hard as he did; only o'malley, webb and chafee should have been allowed to and we should have the rules rewritten to favor the outcome desired by the corporate democrat machine as much as possible ;)
Webb was a Republican and worked for the Reagan Administration and Chafee was also a Republican for all of his relevant political life, so both of them should be out. In a fair election.

You forgot about the part where Mario kart 8 is the best Mario kart game

royalan

While the parties are private, and they have the ability to manipulate rules, I don't think they will have the ability to just start outright banning anyone they don't want from running in the first place

But that's not what I'm suggesting.

As you said, the parties currently have control over nomination rules. I'm not suggesting they outright ban anyone. Just make the rules for running for the nomination more stringent.

They're already doing that.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

As you said, the parties currently have control over nomination rules. I'm not suggesting they outright ban anyone. Just make the rules for running for the nomination more stringent.

Knowing the the party requires certain qualifications can boost the value of the party.
But it's risky.

Yo, where can I find video on this part of Obama's speech?

"Trump missed that whole civics lesson about slavery and Jim Crow - but we've got a museum for him to visit. So he can tune in."
But what rules could they realistically come up that wouldn't be seen as them stacking the deck too much? We already had to roll back super delegates, which have been dragged through the mud for that reason

benjipwns

Banned

Look how well received the superdelegates are.

The party outright ignoring the primary results would cause even more of a PR nightmare.

User1608

Banned
I'm watching the speech on yt. It's great. I'm going to miss Obama. Again and again, I am eternally grateful for his help. A truly great man despite some flaws.

I recently read in another thread that Trump denied the threat of technological unemployment. After some brief Googling, I couldn't come up with anything to prove this.

Would someone here be kind enough to point me in the right direction? Thanks.

I don't think there's much of a threat (with regards to technology lowering the natural rate of unemployment and labor participation. Obviously, some industries have and will replace(d) workers with machines but I'm talking about the overall economy) until we start inventing productive stuff again honestly.

I've seen nothing to suggest that Trump has said this, however.

Look how well received the superdelegates are.

The party outright ignoring the primary results would cause even more of a PR nightmare.

The party wouldn't outright ignore primary results. Look at this sample result, here: 100% of the votes went to Candidate A, and there was no Candidate B. The results were adhered to faithfully.

royalan

They "fought" Hillary?

LOL

They fought Hillary about as hard as a fleet fights my ass on a Saturday night.

Sibylus

Banned
Narrowing party eligibility is a bandaid trying to stem the crush of an authoritarian and nativist groundswell. It's a feel-good fix for a crisis that's rapidly turning existential.

Narrowing party eligibility is a bandaid trying to stem the crush of an authoritarian and nativist groundswell. It's a feel-good fix for a crisis that's rapidly turning existential.
Agreed. These populist terrorist rebels are threatening Ingsoc as we know it. We have to limit the party eligibility for the good of the country. It is of existential importance.

royalan

They "fought" Hillary?

LOL

They fought Hillary about as hard as a fleet fights my ass on a Saturday night.

benjipwns

Banned
So whats the deal with a bomb?
Some are saying that Hillary planted it. I don't know anything about that. But it is what some are saying and probably should be looked into.

It also might have been a terrorist Obama purposely let into the country. At least that's what I've heard in this thread. I don't know.

Joeytj

Banned
So whats the deal with a bomb?

There was an explosion inside a dumpster in New York City. A few with minor injuries, but there hasn't been any confirmation of a bomb or terrorist attack, although another explosion occurred earlier in New Jersey right before a charity race, and they did find a pipe bomb-type device, but no relation between the two events have been found.

Nothing else has been reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom