• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
iS30lN3.png

Retro

What are you: a cuck?

I'd never let another man click my links.

The problem is that right now Hillary campaign is not out there making any case for her. Hopefully after labor day that changes.

Absolutely going to happen, I think they're waiting a bit so people don't get sick of this shit (not that they aren't already...). Plus, the fact that they have a firm, well-established date means Trump can't start a controversy and then say "Oh, look, she sent Obama after me, I must be getting to her!" if it's planned in advance. For example...

If by "Triumph", you mean "Lay a plank where the bridge you burned down used to be", then sure, let's call it a Triumph. Let's just drop the i and create a new word; "Trumph;" Celebrating the successful deposit of a single shovelful of dirt into the giant hole you just stopped digging."

Hah, shocker.

This whole thing is cartoonish. Like you expect Trump to be waiting to meet Nieto, practicing saying, "You're paying for that wall!" in a mirror, then he walks into Nieto's office and as he's opening his mouth Nieto raises his hand and goes, "Wait, before we start - dude, we're not paying for that fucking wall" and Trump says, "Fine, not when we're building, but, like, later!" and Nieto says, "Nope, not then either" and then Trump progressively lowers the terms and demands of the payment until he settles for nothing, which causes him to lock up for a few seconds before he suddenly looks like he was just a computer that was restarted and breaks into one of his "must distract" lines, like, "By the way, have I mentioned what a good-looking group of people we have here? Tremendous group."

Sad!

Hillary crushed Bernie and Obama in Latino votes in both the 2008 and 2016 primaries so it seems confusing that she would do so much worse with Latino voters against "they're rapists" than Obama did against Rmoney.

Obama deporting more people than all other President's combined since the start of the last century is probably playing a hand in this.

User1608

Banned
Obama deporting more people than all other President's combined since the start of the last century is probably playing a hand in this.
These numbers are certainly very high.
President Barack Obama has often been referred to by immigration groups as the "Deporter in Chief."
Between 2009 and 2015 his administration has removed more than 2.5 million people through immigration orders, which doesn’t include the number of people who "self-deported" or were turned away and/or returned to their home country at the border by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
-
According to governmental data, the Obama administration has deported more people than any other president's administration in history.
In fact, they have deported more than the sum of all the presidents of the 20th century.

President George W. Bush's administration deported just over two million during his time in office; and Obama’s numbers don’t reflect his last year in office, for which data is not yet available.
https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/obamas-deportation-policy-numbers/story%3fid=41715661?client=ms-android-google
As much as I love the guy, pretty harsh.

Still confident hispanics will turn out pretty high for Hillary in the end though.

Joeytj

Banned
CNN reporting that Peña Nieto is pretty pissed at Trump and is leaking to the Mexican press that he has "witnesses" to the fact they did talk about Trump's wall.

Per Josh from TMP:

lol Pena Nieto now telling people he has 'witnesses' about what was said, according to Axe on CNN
I'm searching for this on Mexican social and traditional media.

Boke1879

CNN reporting that Peña Nieto is pretty pissed at Trump and is leaking to the Mexican press that he has "witnesses" to the fact they did talk about Trump's wall.

Per Josh from TMP:

What could have been nothing could not potentially be a cluster. LMAOO

User1608

Banned

Per Josh from TMP:

Holy shit, perhaps I was too worried about calm and collected Trump after all.

Retro

Per Josh from TMP:
lol Pena Nieto now telling people he has 'witnesses' about what was said, according to Axe on CNN

Oh my god, now the Trump team is saying that they knew their positions so there was no point is trying to negotiate.

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/771148220143661056

So all the Diablosing about how this is "Presidential Trump" making a successful pivot turns out to have actually been Trump visiting Mexico to buy some gasoline for the dumpster fire because he'd run out here at home.

Joeytj

Banned
These numbers are certainly very high.

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/obamas-deportation-policy-numbers/story%3fid=41715661?client=ms-android-google
As much as I love the guy, pretty harsh.

Still confident hispanics will turn out pretty high for Hillary in the end though.

Ugh, what people leave out is that Obama's presidency came after the biggest wave of undocumented immigration to the U.S. in history too, hence, a record number of deportations followed.

Obama and W massively increased deportations to appease "moderates" so that amnesty could be passed.

But Obama deported way too many people and his idea that House Republicans would pass this bill just if he deported a bunch of people turned out to be a fantasy. Obama tried to be a "serious person" then instead of a good person and then got fucked over anyway by a political party that didn't care about bipartisan outreach.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
880d6Cd.png

fuck off, nate

Yeah I'm not seeing this. The race is tightening but the electoral numbers are still way, way in Hillary's favor.

It is so hard not to laugh at the entire Trump team. How did you NOT think this would come out?

royalan

Per Josh from TMP:

As nice as this is to see, it won't mean a thing unless Nieto grows a spine and produces some receipts.

... Please do it.

Per Josh from TMP:

Every single person should record their meetings with Trump. The man just cannot be trusted. I'm giving Nieto the benefit of the doubt simply because it is hard to believe that they would talk about the wall without bringing up the major sticking point about the Mexican government paying for it. It is just unfathomable to me, especially with Nieto's previous comments about not paying and Trump's rallying cry being Mexico paying for it.

You just can't give Trump an inch.

Boke1879

As nice as this is to see, it won't mean a thing unless Nieto grows a spine and produces some receipts.

... Please do it.

At the very least right now. The message will be muddled. Hopefully the news picks up on this and reports it. Showing a definite conflict. Like can you even trust this man with basic diplomacy?

The thing about 538 that makes no sense to me is that things were way tighter in 2012 and Silver kept assuring everyone that it's all good even after the first debate but now anything other than big Clinton leads is a travesty.

kess

... Please do it.

He'd better, because otherwise his legacy will be the third rate politician who got clowned by Trump on the international stage

User1608

Banned
Ugh, what people leave out is that Obama's presidency came after the biggest wave of undocumented immigration to the U.S. in history too, hence, a record number of deportations followed.
I'm perhaps a bit too biased to respond rationally but I understand that.
Obama and W massively increased deportations to appease "moderates" so that amnesty could be passed.

But Obama deported way too many people and his idea that House Republicans would pass this bill just if he deported a bunch of people turned out to be a fantasy. Obama tried to be a "serious person" then instead of a good person and then got fucked over anyway by a political party that didn't care about bipartisan outreach.
Indeed. A shame. I knew it wouldn't work after it became plainly obvious how crazy the GOP were and are.

Retro

The thing about 538 that makes no sense to me is that things were way tighter in 2012 and Silver kept assuring everyone that it's all good even after the first debate but now anything other than big Clinton leads is a travesty.

Because Nate Silver sold 538 to ESPN in 2013 and now he has to deliver them clicks.

Back after a few days without my laptop / GAF login

Franklin & Marshall poll of Pennsylvania (Likely Voters):

Clinton 47%
Trump 40%

McGinty 43%
Toomey 38%

Dems continue to look strong in the Keystone State.

But it was 11% last month after the convention so Clinton's odds will be docked another 2% on 538.

This was the only downside of the big bounce, the return to normal would be focused on like no one could have ever seen it coming.

Joeytj

Banned

Because he believes that the number of undecideds is a big factor of instability, enough to shift the race.

But others aren't seeing enough of that to truly sound sirens about Hillary. Nate Silver, in that tweet about the Electoral College, is saying nothing. "If the race tightens, Hillary victory in the Electoral College is in danger".

No shit Silver.

Retro

This was the only downside of the big bounce, the return to normal would be focused on like no one could have ever seen it coming.

Didn't Trump's numbers also drop after the convention? Because both of those normalizing would make it look much worse than it really is.

Did trump do his speech already? Was it bad?

Hasn't started yet according to the thread. Gulliani came out and is wearing a "Make Mexico Great Again Also" Hat.... read into that what you will.

Ondore

Sessions and Guliani both wore "Make Mexico Great Again Also" hats prior to the yam taking the stage.

what is this i don't even

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom