• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I still don't buy the huge drop in Hispanic support for Hillary in this poll. Makes zero sense.

That said, if further polls confirm it, the whole confusing message about immigration from Trump's campaign over the past few weeks may be paying off.

As I stated above, it's nearly the exact same for Trump.

So what?

We've had basically 6 years of Democrat Presidency and GOP Congress (yes I know the Senate didn't turn til recently but it didn't matter w/o the house in terms of legislation) and HILLARY SUPPORTERS are saying this should continue.

Fucking electorate is stupid.

Trump supporters at least have a rational argument. They hate Hillary and don't care much for Trump but rather have a GOP President and just in case he's a moron/crazy, have a Dem Congress to keep him in check.

This isn't the same for Hillary. How can any Hillary supporter look at how the Obama years have gone regarding Congress and say "yeah, more of the same please" is fucking dumb.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
UGHHHHHH

This is disconcerting.
Eh, no biggie. Basically just a small portion of Hillary voters who believe in the value of hypothetical divided governments, but doesn't necessarily matter when it comes to looking at the individual candidates they'll have to consider on their district's ballot.

User1608

Banned
Yeah, the polls and general stupidity expressed by the electorate are very disappointing. The debates and stumping are our best bets.

Eh, no biggie. Basically just a small portion of Hillary voters who believe in the value of hypothetical divided governments, but doesn't necessarily matter when it comes to looking at the individual candidates they'll have to consider on their district's ballot.

Sure, I agree. But it is disconcerting because it demonstrates the electorate is still fucking stupid and doesn't take a real world approach to these things.

But you're right, they'll still vote Democrat down ballot.

Regarding latino votes...that's going to have a high MoE. The poll probably got on the bad side of it this time. No biggie.

Bowdz

UGHHHHHH

This is disconcerting.

Also, the poll has Hillary losing white college educated and only +8 among under 35.

No race breakdown is weird.

Seriously.

People hate government by historic margins but they largely like our current president. Most people think we are on the wrong track but they are currently supporting Hillary (more of the same) by decent margins. All of this comes down to the notion that people hate our current divided government.

And yet, people in this poll are voicing some bullshit romanticized notion about having divided government when in reality, it is the feature of our government that they currently hate!

It is staggering how fucking idiotic people can be.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So what?

We've had basically 6 years of Democrat Presidency and GOP Congress (yes I know the Senate didn't turn til recently but it didn't matter w/o the house in terms of legislation) and HILLARY SUPPORTERS are saying this should continue.

Fucking electorate is stupid.

Trump supporters at least have a rational argument. They hate Hillary and don't care much for Trump but rather have a GOP President and just in case he's a moron/crazy, have a Dem Congress to keep him in check.

This isn't the same for Hillary. How can any Hillary supporter look at how the Obama years have gone regarding Congress and say "yeah, more of the same please" is fucking dumb.

Are they, though? 52% of voters are saying this. Hillary is getting 41% of vote in a 4-way and 48% in a H2H race. It is perfectly reasonable to consider that hardly any Hillary voters in that 4-way race are saying this.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
UGHHHHHH

This is disconcerting.

Also, the poll has Hillary losing white college educated and only +8 among under 35.

No race breakdown is weird.

I don't care about that poll. No-one who goes to the ballot box and votes for Hillary is going to also vote for their local Republican "to keep things balanced". I mean, do we have stats on how many people actually vote cross ticket?

Plinko

This can't be true because it would mean Trump is lying.

cartoon_soldier said:
The problem is that right now Hillary campaign is not out there making any case for her. Hopefully after labor day that changes.

I feel the exact same way. Most of PoliGAF does not.

Are they, though? 52% of voters are saying this. Hillary is getting 41% of vote in a 4-way and 48% in a H2H race. It is perfectly reasonable to consider that hardly any Hillary voters in that 4-way race are saying this.

My bad. I misread the question as only among Hillary supporters. You're right, it's mostly just a Hillary vs Trump question.

AP - MEXICAN PRESIDENT ENRIQUE PENA NIETO TOLD DONALD TRUMP AT MEETING THAT MEXICO WOULD NOT PAY FOR TRUMP'S PROPOSED BORDER WALL

LOL

I don't care about that poll. No-one who goes to the ballot box and votes for Hillary is going to also vote for their local Republican "to keep things balanced". I mean, do we have stats on how many people actually vote cross ticket?

I misread the poll question, so ignore what I've said.

Michael LaRosa
‏@MichaelLaRosaDC
AP - MEXICAN PRESIDENT ENRIQUE PENA NIETO TOLD DONALD TRUMP AT MEETING THAT MEXICO WOULD NOT PAY FOR TRUMP'S PROPOSED BORDER WALL

I was waiting for this to come out from the moment that he said payment wasn't discussed at the Press Conference. Like hell it wasn't. He just didn't want to seem weak and Nieto was nice enough not to call him out at the Press Conference.

Boke1879

If that gets picked up it'll just muddle and confuse messaging. But the Mexican President should have fucking said something right then and there.

I was waiting for this to come out from the moment that he said payment wasn't discussed at the Press Conference. Like hell it wasn't. He just didn't want to seem weak and Nieto was nice enough not to call him out at the Press Conference.

Maybe.

It's also very possible Nieto is lying now to seem stronger.

We probably won't know the truth, it's a he said he said thing now.

I'm not willing to just give Nieto the benefit of the doubt; he seems to be a pretty bad politician (in terms of PR/politics) so yeah.

4-way polling is irrelevant.

Johnson will be lucky to break 5%, Stein will be lucky to break 1%.

Clinton up 6 is decent. That seems to be where the race has settled for now. We'll have to wait for the debates for any major shifts.

this is bad

CrOOR87VUAAqgOR.jpg:large

Joeytj

Banned
Why? These are unpopular candidates.

I think they will be a bigger factor these elections than in others, but both Stein and Johnson aren't on the ballot in a lot of states (Stein is the most absent) and polls in swing states are much more favorable for Hillary.

Her low national numbers are probably from places like California or Utah, where voters know they can take a risk and vote for a third party.

Many pro-Bernie sites and talking heads, like TYT, have openly called on Bernie supporters to consider Jill or Johnson only if they live in a non-competitive state.

Because Stein won't be on the ballot in many swing states and historically, almost all polling tends to overstate 3rd party candidates.

That plus they need to get a few millions of voters to get anything over a few percentage points. I don't believe that they will get over 5%.

Owzers

what if it wasn't a discussion because Trump didn't say anything in response to Nieto saying Mexico wasn't paying for it?

His first mistake was thinking Trump wasn't going to accept. After Trump demanded a visit, Peña knew he was fucked, but there was little he could do.

Well there was a lot he could do, but wouldn't because Trump has a chance of actually being the American President.

Joeytj

Banned
Lol

Es México

The people in charge of the impeachment are more corrupt than him

I don't think impeachment is realistic, but in Brazil, 60% of the Senate that impeached Dilma, were either under investigation for corruption or already found guilty of it.

So, it's not the most improbable thing that could happen.

I'm seeing fervent negative reactions against Peña even from diehard supporters of the PRI, the ruling party. This might very well collapse the limited support he has in Congress and around the country.

Hilariously, that Fox poll also happens to have Clinton's favorable at only -8. The variance in this favorable/unfavorable question across polls is kind of insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom