• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be about the deplorables remark, and how she thinks she can be president when she talks about "nearly half" the country like that.

Trump's support is only about 40% or so. "about half" of that support is 20% of the country, or about 1 in 5.

20% of the country having absolutely fucking awful opinions about gays, minorities, people of other religions, democrats, liberals, women, etc isn't inaccurate at all, that's statistical fact.

I'm gonna put on my punditry hat.

One think I think clinton needs to jot be afraid to do is apologize for emails and deplorable if they come up. Say doesn't need to admit a wrong but you can still offer an apology

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Trump's support is only about 40% or so. "about half" of that support is 20% of the country, or about 1 in 5.

20% of the country having absolutely fucking awful opinions about gays, minorities, people of other religions, democrats, liberals, women, etc isn't inaccurate at all, that's statistical fact.
Yes but she's not going to explain that. She's going to say she misspoke and start the debate off on a SHITTY FOOT!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting side-question to waste time til the debates:

President-King Crab seizes control of the United States of America and begins redesigning control of the constitution unilaterally, as is his wont. The House of Representatives is given 687 seats, as the cube root law of assemblies would suggest, and elected on the basis of a single nationwide constituency with proportional representation (D'Hondt, if you really want to get pedantic). The minimum percentage necessary for a seat is 5%. The Senate is abolished, and President-King Crab rules with total disinterest, appointing as head of state whomever the legislature suggests.

Accordingly, given the tendency of the number of parties to approach the geometric mean of the number of possible parties combined with risk averse rational voters, seven separate political parties emerge, either through the collapse of the Democratic and Republican coalitions or the emergence of new electoral blocs.

What do these seven parties look like? What are the different ideological compositions?

Zukkoyaki

14468338_1259542480768945_8652912078820955852_o.jpg
That's a pretty boss picture actually haha

Interesting side-question to waste time til the debates:

President-King Crab seizes control of the United States of America and begins redesigning control of the constitution unilaterally, as is his wont. The House of Representatives is given 687 seats, as the cube root law of assemblies would suggest, and elected on the basis of a single nationwide constituency with proportional representation (D'Hondt, if you really want to get pedantic). The minimum percentage necessary for a seat is 5%. The Senate is abolished, and President-King Crab rules with total disinterest, appointing as head of state whomever the legislature suggests.

Accordingly, given the tendency of the number of parties to approach the geometric mean of the number of possible parties combined with risk averse rational voters, seven separate political parties emerge, either through the collapse of the Democratic and Republican coalitions or the emergence of new electoral blocs.

What do these seven parties look like? What are the different ideological compositions?
Adjusted lead Trump +7

Yes but she's not going to explain that. She's going to say she misspoke and start the debate off on a SHITTY FOOT!

honestly if she clarified that and refused to back down on it I think that would score some major points.

taking what she said in context, at face value- 80% of the country is fine. 80% of the country arent racist, sexist, bigoted pieces of shit. America as a whole is flat out better than that. MOST people are horrified by irresponsible police shootings and hate crimes, but there's always a handful of assholes that cheer these things on and enjoy the chaos.

For some reason, Those people are all voting Trump. Not everyone voting Trump is deplorable, but every deplorable is backing the same candidate.

A loud, obnoxious, trump voting vocal minority can't be allowed to ruin a great thing for the rest of us.

Amir0x

Banned
Anybody watching in vr?

Watching this in VR would be too real for me. Not sure I want to get that real with this particular campaign. I still want that vague hope that this is all some horrible, horrible nightmare. Watching it in VR I think I'd lose that last shred of deniability.

Bowdz

Lol at people feeling the anxiousness for one of the first times.

Bro, I've watched every SpaceX Falcon 9 launch live and this is the exact same feeling. You know that everyone working on the launch knows their shit and that they've done everything they can to make it a success, but still, in the back of your mind you think about the possible failures that have happened before. Watching the CRS-7 launch live SUCKED so fucking much and has made me get super nervous before each launch (AMOS-6 certainly didn't help either). Luckily, it's a hell of a lot less tense to sit through a 2:37 first stage launch and a 6min second stage burn than to pray nothing bad happens during a 90min debate.

We all know Clinton is prepped and ready to go, but in the back of my mind, I'm thinking about her feinting or coughing like crazy. The longshot events always freak me out until we're done.

Kick some ass Khaleesi.

GutsOfThor

Lol at people feeling the anxiousness for one of the first times.

Bro, I've watched every SpaceX Falcon 9 launch live and this is the exact same feeling. You know that everyone working on the launch knows their shit and that they've done everything they can to make it a success, but still, in the back of your mind you think about the possible failures that have happened before. Watching the CRS-7 launch live SUCKED so fucking much and has made me get super nervous before each launch (AMOS-6 certainly didn't help either). Luckily, it's a hell of a lot less tense to sit through a 2:37 first stage launch and a 6min second stage burn than to pray nothing bad happens during a 90min debate.

We all know Clinton is prepped and ready to go, but in the back of my mind, I'm thinking about her feinting or coughing like crazy. The longshot events always freak me out until we're done.

Kick some ass Khaleesi.

Speaking of her illness, has she recovered from her pneumonia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom