• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

hahahaha from that same politico poll piece.

A 74-percent majority of all voters had a negative reaction to the video – including 47 percent who said their feelings were a zero (very negative). But there’s a partisan element to voters’ reactions to the video: 69 percent of Democratic voters said they had a very negative impression after watching it, but only 22 percent of Republicans gave it a zero rating. Ten percent of Republicans said the video gave them a positive feeling.

Among all voters, 61 percent say it makes them feel either somewhat or much less favorable toward Trump, while 28 percent say it doesn’t affect their view of Trump; 8 percent said it makes them feel more favorably toward Trump.

And GOP voters could be prepared to punish Republicans who bail on Trump: 28 percent said it makes them more likely to vote for a candidate who says they can’t support Trump anymore, but 25 percent say it makes them less likely to vote for that candidate. A 41-percent plurality say it won’t affect their vote.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The GOP establishment are dumb, they could keep supporting Trump and if he loses just blame the media and "crooked Hillary", rolling that anger into the mid terms and onward as Hillary is president.

edit: Also I don't think Hillary will say much about the tape, beyond that our children deserve a better role model.

sazzy

Andrea Mitchell needs to retire.

She always looks tired and fussy, and loses her train of thought while questioning.

sazzy

Donald is a sore loser. He knows he's not going to win, and so he's going to take the party down with him.

Farmboy

Ted Cruz is crying on Twitter about why did these people wait till October to release the tapes.

Of all the Schadenfreude related to this scandal, Cruz looking like an idiot (again) has to be the most delicious. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Clinton gets to answer first about the tape? Queen has probably been practicing that answer all day yesterday. This is a chance to put Trump away from the get go, and if he comes out attacking her for Bill cheating after she gives a good answer he will looks horrendous

Tamanon

Banned
I don't even know how Clinton should respond to that tape. Maybe just silence?

If anything she should make sure to focus that it's not the language that really matters in it, it's the acts being talked about. Many Trump fans are trying to say it's just for saying the word "pussy" instead of the sexual assault.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
They are going to ask her about it. It's the first set of questions at the debate and she gets to go first. She can't just look at the camera and not say anything.

She can't really say much either, beyond that people deserve a better person as candidate or something like that. Anything she says like "It shows Donald Trump has contempt for women" or that he's "not fit to be president" can be deflected right back at Bill.

The tape does more damage on its own than by being paraded by Hillary. She has to comment on it, but not to try and do more damage because it won't work and could favor Trump by undermining the importance of it as most of the damage is behind him already.

If anything she should make sure to focus that it's not the language that really matters in it, it's the acts being talked about. Many Trump fans are trying to say it's just for saying the word "pussy" instead of the sexual assault.

She needs to bring up how women all across the country have been sexually assaulted by those in power over them. I don't think she should be mum on it when Trump is going to get up there right after and start attacking her and Bill. Put him immediately on the defensive and force him to lose it on a question where he should be only showing contrition

Boke1879

She can't really say much either, beyond that people deserve a better person as candidate or something like that. Anything she says like "It shows Donald Trump as contempt for women" or that he's "not fit to be president" can be deflected right back at Bill.

The tape does more damage on its own than by being paraded by Hillary. She has to comment on it, but not to try and do more damage because it won't work.

She has to talk about it and she has to give a strong answer on it. She's not worried about shit being deflected at Bill. Donald is going to do that regardless.

She doesn't have to completely shit on him, but she definitely needs to go hard on those comments.

She can't really say much either, beyond that people deserve a better person as candidate or something like that. Anything she says like "It shows Donald Trump as contempt for women" or that he's "not fit to be president" can be deflected right back at Bill.

Bill Clinton is not running for President. Hillary didn't cheat on herself.

Any "bu-bu-but Bill Clinton" argument is gonna fall flat like a stone and will (rightfully) be seen as deflection from Trump's fuckery.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Donald is a sore loser. He knows he's not going to win, and so he's going to take the party down with him.
0e3.png

MEGATON (you know it is)
Leaked transcript:

https://www.google.com/amp/fusion.net/story/354221/al-gore-hillary-clinton-speech-tbh/amp/?client=safari

They better bring Murphy along as well. He needs to be at every event in Florida.
I have no idea why they aren't pushing Murphy more and getting him involved. I feel like this is a very winnable race and the DNC looks at the polls and is just like, "Nah, forget it."

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
She has to talk about it and she has to give a strong answer on it. She's not worried about shit being deflected at Bill. Donald is going to do that regardless.

She doesn't have to completely shit on him, but she definitely needs to go hard on those comments.

No because everyone at home will say "Oh yeah, but Bill". It's not about how Trump would reply to he answer, it's about what it brings up in people's minds. She is better off letting others deal with this issue, as they have already, than try to do much with it beyond the fact that she has to comment on it. Attacking him on the details is more downside risk than up.

Cyanity

Banned
Are drinking game rules posted yet, or do we need to brainstorm here...let's see -

take a shot the first time Trump mentions Bill's infidelities or Juanita Broaddrick

Drink every time Hillary knowingly glances at the camera

Take a shot the first time Trump shits on the RNC for abandoning him, and drink at all followup mentions

Any other good ones?

edit - finish your drink if Trump snaps and calls Hillary a bitch or a cunt

NeoXChaos

Jonathan Martin ‏@jmartNYT 2h2 hours ago
WE DON'T NEED EM.

Trump talkers > "Trump won the Primary without the help of the insiders and he’ll win the General without them, too"

Trump talking pts urge total war on Rs: "They are more concerned with their political future than they are about the future of the country"

NEWS: Trump urges surrogates to unload on Republicans abandoning him, per new talking pts just forwarded to me (1/)

Ophelion

Exactly. It's especially awful because he doesn't say, "This is my fantasy."

He says, "This is what I do to them."

He speaks from a place of experience when he brags about sexually assaulting people.

That's what makes it so horrific. Not that I didn't already suspect this was the case, but knowing for sure is different.

Boke1879

No because everyone at home will say "Oh yeah, but Bill". It's not about how Trump would reply to he answer, it's about what it brings up in people's minds. She is better off letting others deal with this issue, as they have already, than try to do much with it beyond the fact that she has to comment on it. Attacking him on the details is more downside risk than up.

Bill isn't running. Bill isn't on that stage. Hillary is and Donald is the one on trial over this. She hasn't done shit yet and they are already bringing up Bill. She's not worried about Bill being brought up. She expected it. She needs to call the comments out for what they are.

If Trump wants to deflect to Bill so be it. It hasn't worked for anyone who has tried

Bowdz

I have no idea why they aren't pushing Murphy more and getting him involved. I feel like this is a very winnable race and the DNC looks at the polls and is just like, "Nah, forget it."

I think the internal polls must be pretty damning and the NBC polls today are an outlier compared to the polling average.

That being said, after Friday, I completely agree with you. It is a winnable race and they need to go hard to help Murphy as much as they can. They need to prevent any possible rise of Rubio from the ashes, because regardless of how damaged he is from this cycle, he will run again in 2020 if he wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom