• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The debate matters only in that I think a complete bomb will drive the divide between Trump and the GOP even further

Besides if Clinton loses this debate more oppo will come out anyway.

Retro

No wonder Kellyanne slept in.

Well, in all fairness, it's like a 20 hour flight to Australia, and then she's got the whole business of disappearing into her new persona as Katie Connors, middle-aged ex-housewife with two adult children (who never call, they took their father's side during that mess of a divorce, and it broke her heart but she's made peace with it) starting life over by fulfilling her dream of running a tea shop as a strong, independent woman of the Adelaide suburbs. Her past experience with verbally abusive men has left her weary of running into a relationship again, but she thinks someday she'll be ready to try her hand at dating again, but until then she's content to greet each morning with a brisk jog, discuss the virtues of a warm cup of chamomile with the growing number of regulars at her boutique, and snuggle up on the couch to read a few chapters before bed, as she embraces the new chapter of her life

BigAl1992

Ok. This entire election has gone to hell. In all honesty fellas, is there any possible way for clinton to botch the debate tonight to chalk it up as a loss for her, because I can't see her losing this election now.

I am left so saddened by a conversation I was just having on facebook.

I'm speaking to a woman who is defending Donald Trump and she suddenly comes out with

it's rape when a person says no....stop....or is drugged or otherwise unable to give consent. Do you always ask a girl......or guy....I'm gonna grab ur junk.....is that ok? Or do you just make a move and hope they reciprocate and let you continue.

Like... what the fuck happened to you that left you like this? How can I feel anything but anger and pity?

fantomena

Love ya bill.

mVVg5si.png

Wilsongt

The only voters Trump might have lost are educated whites. Uneducated backwood rednecks, and young alt-right betas, probably cheered the tape.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yeah. Really defines even to this day why trickle down is such a joke. It was a response for the ages. H.W. had no idea how to react to that.
Look at his face while bill is speaking. It's like there are flesh eating bacteria eating his lower half.

CoolOff

So, I just had a discussion with my 22-year old younger brother who is of the position that since Trump on the tapes claims that the women let him kiss them and grab them because he's famous, the tapes in their entirety aren't "that bad".

Lord help me.

Ok. This entire election has gone to hell. In all honesty fellas, is there any possible way for clinton to botch the debate tonight to chalk it up as a loss for her, because I can't see her losing this election now.

Let's be real here. Even if these tapes didn't release he would've still floundered tonight.

Let's be real here. Even if these tapes didn't release he would've still floundered tonight.

Oh, he was going to bring up Bill's sex scandals tonight already. But he would probably do better than he's going to.

Any hope of being in the right mental state, or getting in some last minute prep are completely out the window now.

Rinse has told all GOP staffers they are free to do what they want. Hahahahaha

Practically what does this mean? The RNC isn't going to coordinate with their Presidential candidate for an entire month? Preibus is basically asking for a civil war in his own organization. Its hilarious, but that's also the worst idea I've ever heard of.

The content of the hacks isn't shit to begin with

There's nothing there though.

I wanna hear them address the "no borders"comment.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-more-likely-to-rebound-in-the-second-debate/

turns out tonight probably won't matter unless hillary shits her pants

Only way she loses this is if she has a seizure on stage tonight. I don't know if she has a history of seizures like it's been rumored, but that's what would make her lose. She stays the course, she wins. Right now you're up 20 heading into the 4th quarter of game 7 of the NBA Finals, all you gotta do is stay the course. No alley oops, no behind the back, no 3 pointer from 35 ft out, just stick to the fundamentals and the ring is yours.

kevin1025

Banned
Practically what does this mean? The RNC isn't going to coordinate with their Presidential candidate for an entire month? Preibus is basically asking for a civil war in his own organization. Its hilarious, but that's also the worst idea I've ever heard of.

They don't have to support the nominee if they don't want to. They're finally allowed to do whatever they want. At this point it's guesswork (especially for me), but my reading of it is that it's essentially saying they have no reason to help him anymore. He's likely on his own.

It means that no one who works for the RNC or Republican candidates are bound to support the top of the ticket. They also mentioned that there's a good chance that the RNC is going to shift money from Trump to down ballot races as early as tomorrow. Remember, Trump has no actual campaign. It's all 100% through the RNC. They're removing his name already from the scripts to GOTV. He's got nothing if they do this, and he barely had anything before that.

You're left with a GOP that is split in two: Half wants to vote down ballot, but ignore the top. The other half wants to vote for the top, but ignore the down ballot.

They. Are. Fucked.

So, today while teaching Sunday School, we were talking about Moses, and which of his qualities made him a good leader, and about leadership in general. We go around the table asking the kids what they think makes a good faith leader (or leader in general), and one of them goes, "Doesn't have a big ego, i.e. Not Trump," and then the rest of them all start piling on him with stuff like, "Doesn't make bad comments about women," and, "Doesn't have a bad haircut," etc. etc. I love my Sunday School class.

BLACKLAC

So, today while teaching Sunday School, we were talking about Moses, and which of his qualities made him a good leader, and about leadership in general. We go around the table asking the kids what they think makes a good faith leader (or leader in general), and one of them goes, "Doesn't have a big ego, i.e. Not Trump," and then the rest of them all start piling on him with stuff like, "Doesn't make bad comments about women," and, "Doesn't have a bad haircut," etc. etc. I love my Sunday School class.

How old are they?

Brinbe

Maybe along with the incoming news network/empire, Trump will divorce himself of the GOP (or they just kick him out), start his own party with the 'alt-right' plus the segment of the Republican base that supports him. Either that or the old establishment tries its own thing like Kristol tried to do.

Either way, seeing the real-time destruction/fissure of a major political institution is incredibly interesting.

Try as they might, but the GOP will be anchored to Trump, just by way of their actual supporters lol.

2teDjvS.png

#BasketOfDeplorables

This is absolutely fascinating to watch.

Has this ever happened before? A party straight-up giving up on their Presidential nominee?

pigeon

Banned
This is absolutely fascinating to watch.

Has this ever happened before? A party straight-up giving up on their Presidential nominee?

The GOP wrote off Bob Dole when it was clear he wouldn't win, but in terms of actively repudiating their nominee the closest you get is Nixon after the Watergate tapes came out. He was a sitting president then -- the election wasn't at stake. So this is relatively unprecedented.

Maybe along with the incoming news network/empire, Trump will divorce himself of the GOP (or they just kick him out), start his own party with the 'alt-right' plus the segment of the Republican base that supports him. Either that or the old establishment tries its own thing like Kristol tried to do.

Maybe if Trump's new party sways enough GOP congressmen, the Democrats will get the majority in the house on a technicality!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The only way they can say it's over is if they know Trump is going to fuck up tonight.

If he does WELL or even WINS (I dont know how, hillary dying or something) then they will be back on the horse saying repulsive shit.

Until clinton releases her next bomb.

Stay losing, Assange and Putin.

The only way they can say it's over is if they know Trump is going to fuck up tonight.

If he does WELL or even WINS (I dont know how, hillary dying or something) then they will be back on the horse saying repulsive shit.

Until clinton releases her next bomb.

Stay losing, Assange and Putin.

FUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom