• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

Because everything is a blistering loss unless you chop your opponents head off. Trump didn't change the trajectory. The tape and his comments about them still exist.

Clinton will campaign tomorrow and this week. More worse oppo is coming. Liberals bedwet over everything
I wanted him to get completely owned because that helps us get the House. I don't think this hurts the Pres and Senate chances tho

Loudninja

rKTqD4c.jpg

accurate
How can anyone here say he did better then the last debate ,or it was a draw am I goigng crazy here?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Not seeing the draw part at all.

If you could somehow forget everything about the two candidates and go in expecting two completely generic candidates, you'd definitely leave thinking Hillary won by a landslide.

If you go in knowing who both the candidates are, everything went mostly as expected and no one comes out gaining or losing supporters, which is what makes it kinda a draw, even though Trump actually needs to gain in support if he wants to win.

My only reservation is the promise to jail his opponent if he wins, which really is extremely out of bounds in the confines of a presidential debate.

Sibylus

Banned
In addendum, Trump has damned himself with even more indefensible statements or outright falsehoods. He's given HRC more ammunition and she's already flush with it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
In addendum, Trump has damned himself with even more indefensible statements or outright falsehoods. He's given HRC more ammunition and she's already flush with it.

Right.

Taxes.

Saying he never sexually assaulted anyone.

What else did I miss? I know there was more.

Strimei

Had a lively talk with my mother and stepfather about the debate just now.

Mom honestly thinks that Trump's back on track. I told her that he plugged a few holes but in the end he's got a sinking ship still full of holes. I think my mother gets a bit too hung up, also, on Trump's base. I kept telling her "stop talking about his fans, of course they're solid, they eat this shit up, there's no changing them. Its the undecideds that matter here."

Stepfather agreed with me overall though.

Hillary took some hits, had some stumbles, but she also did decently. Trump rambled, was petty, his body language was threatening at times, belittled, lied, handwaved away the tape recording.

Yeah he'll probably recover a few points from this. But the cat's out of the bag, here. Those endorsements aren't coming back.

mo60

Politicial analysts and etc on Power and Politics on CBC were ripping trump to shreds right now. They were criticizing the way he was acting during the debate and the things he said during the debate.If I can find the clip I will post it here eventually.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I already feel bad for Kenneth Bone. People need to leave the guy alone.

Iolo

Fun note, everyone was worried about Hillary's reaction to Trump's attacks on Bill, and the 4 women in the audience, and the whole segment lasted 5 minutes and didn't faze her

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Trump looked like he was gonna collapse at several points.

Also is Bone is gonna get torn apart by the meme machine, poor guy? He asked a better question than the person who followed.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Politicial analysts and etc on Power and Politics on CBC were ripping trump to shreds. They were criticizing the way he was acting during the debate and the things he said during the debate.

Considering the bar is so low that even James Cameron could never hope to raise it, this was a loss for Trump.

Probably a wash in public opinion.

As Chuck Todd said, the real loser of the night was the GOP.

Effect

So who are the pundits saying won? Just curious. Clearly Hillary won. It wasn't a home run like last time but she was solid. Trump was a rambling mess and I think as bad as last time but in different ways. A lot more whining by him as well.

Blader

Clinton did solid but not a knockout. Her Wall Street answer was probably more effective if she just didn't mention Lincoln.

Trump was all other the place that his base would love. Some zingers but unabashed gibberish. Also Pence got thrown under the bus.

Lincoln (both Abe and the movie) was the context of the line from the speech that she was asked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom