• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win Indiana, Wisconsin, Illinois, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Florida, Missouri, Arizona, that would be 54 seats.

Which means you could lose Indiana, North Dakota (sad), West Virginia (still not sure about this one), and Missouri? and still hold the Senate. Obviously we could lose Montana, Wisconsin, and Ohio as well, but.

mo60

Agree. He promised "fundamental transformation," and he will have delivered.

And if I had to pick a fantasy state, I'd want Texas. It'd be the ultimate gut-punch for the GOP - a real trophy - and the idea they'd have to defend it from every election onward would haunt their dreams. When they go to color-in their 270ToWin maps for 2020 and beyond, I want that weighty twinge of hesitation to enter their minds before they automatically assume that they can color it red.

It would be awesome if hilary actually won their power base(which is texas) like what happened when the Alberta NDP won the majority of seats in calgary in the provincial election in Alberta over a year ago. It would probably drive them insane, but like the Alberta NDP she won't be able to win texas with a majority if she does win it.

hmmm..doesn't seem to be much there. Ranting about a woman's skin complexion, something of that nature, insulting her looks.

I think having the actual audio of these things is a lot more potent.

It doesn't have to be anything major really, just as long as people keep reporting about new transcripts being released.

Welcome to Hillarytown, Trump. All day, every day.

Hillary just gave the sickest burn to a guy wearing a "rape" shirt at her rally.

"I hope someone follows him outside and stages an intervention, because clearly he hasn't been following the election."

Bronx-Man

Banned
CuY5TfPUEAAV6xU.jpg:small
"WE THE PEOPLE Rally"

giphy.gif

Bernie supporters I know really are the worst fucking people there are. No, Hillary wasn't to blame for Benghazi. No, Hillary doesn't want to take all your guns away. No, Hillary didn't give classified information to terrorists. No, Hillary didn't rig the Primaries. No, Hillary didn't murder ex-staffers to ensure their silence.

I'm starting to think I was one of the only sane people who supported Sanders...

“There’s a consensus, even among supporters, that the likelihood of something else breaking in a very embarrassing and negative fashion, is certainly better than 50-50,” said Mr. Rigell, who joined the call on Monday. “The conference, members, et cetera, are bracing themselves for another salvo of this.”
Oh yes.

And the civil war rages even within Congress.
The reaction from hard-liners was swift and angry: Over the course of an hour, a stream of conservative lawmakers spoke up to urge their colleagues not to give up on Mr. Trump, and chided Mr. Ryan for surrendering prematurely in the presidential race.

One member, Representative Dana Rohrabacher of California, attacked Republicans stepping away from Mr. Trump as “cowards,” three lawmakers said. Another, Representative Trent Franks of Arizona, used graphic language to describe abortion and said allowing Mrs. Clinton into the White House would end with fetuses being destroyed “limb from limb.”

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
PoliGAF with a view. Thanks for the updates last night guys. Getting married and going on my honeymoon while Trump burns himself and the GOP to the ground has made for the best weekend of my entire life.

Armaros

Bernie supporters I know really are the worst fucking people there are. No, Hillary wasn't to blame for Benghazi. No, Hillary doesn't want to take all your guns away. No, Hillary didn't give classified information to terrorists. No, Hillary didn't rig the Primaries. No, Hillary didn't murder ex-staffers to ensure their silence.

I'm starting to think I was one of the only sane people who supported Sanders...

Most reasonable ones are just Hillary supporters now. The rest are just BoBers at this point.

Veitsev

You are someone that supported Sanders

They just supported not-Hillary.

solidarity bro. Bernie was my homie too

Kangi

Wait why are there Bernie supporters crying about gun control

I mean I know that was a softspot on Bernie's record, but

Joeytj

Banned
First debate wasn't ever going to be touched numbers wise. I think even someone said it was lower than the 2012 2nd debate

It was.

As suspected, the tape and Trump's antics this weekend probably sealed the deal for most voters and they just want the election to be over with. The Dems know this, the Republican establishment knows it, and Trump is in denial.

It was.

As suspected, the tape and Trump's antics this weekend probably sealed the deal for most voters and they just want the election to be over with. The Dems know this, the Republican establishment knows it, and Trump is in denial.

I honestly thought it would be so much higher, but this is even worse for Trump than if he'd shit the bed. People literally don't care anymore. They made up their minds immediately.

It's a miracle.

Wait why are there Bernie supporters crying about gun control

I mean I know that was a softspot on Bernie's record, but

I live in VT and a lot of people own guns that they acquired from family members or just are gun enthusiasts. They firmly believe Hillary wants to take their guns or make it so hard to get guns and ammunition nobody can afford it--like some elaborate way of subduing he electorate.

Sianos

Years of watching on in horror at the state of the Republican party, only to see it culminate in this tempest of torment for this party. It is impossible to watch this without glee.

A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.

It is time for them to reap what was sown. It is by their own creations that they will fall, which makes it all the sweeter.

Those were never Sanders Supporters.

Those were anti-democrats too cowardly to openly support Trump.

If we win Indiana, Wisconsin, Illinois, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Florida, Missouri, Arizona, that would be 54 seats.

Which means you could lose Indiana, North Dakota (sad), West Virginia (still not sure about this one), and Missouri? and still hold the Senate. Obviously we could lose Montana, Wisconsin, and Ohio as well, but.
55 if we held Nevada

Virginia might be dangerous just because the election will be held in 2017. The GOTV operation to hold that and the governor's seat needs to be fierce.

jiggle

This has been so entertaining that I've completely lost interest in gaming
It's lucky the racist and sexist FFXv got delayed

I live in VT and a lot of people own guns that they acquired from family members or just are gun enthusiasts. They firmly believe Hillary wants to take their guns or make it so hard to get guns and ammunition nobody can afford it--like some elaborate way of subduing he electorate.

It's amusing how many elections come and go and this conservative scary story is still as widely believed as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom