• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SexyFish

Banned
Clinton apologized for the emails but that doesn't matter because she smells like sulfur.

THE FLIES STICK TO HER. SHE'S EVIL DAMMIT.
latest

faisal233

Ok BlackGAF, which one of you is doing this???

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/u...tional-polling-averages.html?mtrref=t.co&_r=1

There is a 19-year-old black man in Illinois who has no idea of the role he is playing in this election.

He is sure he is going to vote for Donald J. Trump.

And he has been held up as proof by conservatives — including outlets like Breitbart News and The New York Post — that Mr. Trump is excelling among black voters. He has even played a modest role in shifting entire polling aggregates, like the Real Clear Politics average, toward Mr. Trump.

How? He’s a panelist on the U.S.C. Dornsife/Los Angeles Times Daybreak poll, which has emerged as the biggest polling outlier of the presidential campaign. Despite falling behind by double digits in some national surveys, Mr. Trump has generally led in the U.S.C./LAT poll. He held the lead for a full month until Wednesday, when Hillary Clinton took a nominal lead.

Our Trump-supporting friend in Illinois is a surprisingly big part of the reason. In some polls, he’s weighted as much as 30 times more than the average respondent, and as much as 300 times more than the least-weighted respondent.

Christian

Mike Pence is disgusting. How can he still allow himself to be associated with this campaign? Here he tells a woman, no, actually, there doesn't need to be a revolution because the election wont be stolen.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/11/polit...rump-hillary-clinton-election-2016/index.html

How many fundamental things can you disagree with someone on and still want to push their agenda? Sad.

Posted this two pages back and no one acknowledged it. I think the crazy-ass people calling for revolution because they'be "seen" how "crooked" democrats are is a scarier prospect.

Posted this two pages back and no one acknowledged it. I think the crazy-ass people calling for revolution because they'be "seen" how "crooked" democrats are is a scarier prospect.

This may not have gotten much reaction because I"m fairly certain it was also posted yesterday.

I kinda like this GOP civil war storyline and all, but I'm ready for the next bombshell. Let's get them tapes with Trump dropping bombs on it. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow or maybe Friday (though I'd hope before Friday since we don't want it to be buried a bit in the weekend news cycle).

You can't go from "Clinton is actually worse than Trump you know" to "Clinton is going to win so you can safely vote for me." I mean, you can, but it makes you look like, well, Jill Stein. If polling tightens is she going to go back to "Clinton is worse than Trump?"

Oh I've got bucket loads of 'I told you so' for current Stein supporters that were originally Sanders supporters who did the whole 'don't vote for Clinton because she'll lose to Trump! Bernie is the best bet we have of beating Trump!' who now go on about Clinton like she's the anti Christ.

Yeah. I'm not going to name names when I douse them with it, but I know they read my statuses. They'll know who they are.

These are good points on what the Utah exodus might mean:

@conorjrogers
What does Mormon flight from Trump mean for places other than Utah? AZ, NV, AK all have 4%+ Mormon populations.

@conorjrogers
AZ and NV specifically are already tight. There's 410K Mormons in AZ and 180K in NV. If even 30% drop Trump it's a huge blow.

Thaedolus

Arizona also has a huge population of closeted non-believing and ex-Mormons which probably will vote for Killary. Source: I run in those circles down here.

Mormon flight from Trump has always had more impacts to NV and NV-SEN than any other race. Heck is in trouble because he has on one side crazy Trumpkins and on the other side open-revolt Mormons. There's no where for him to go but hope Mormons hold their nose and vote for him.

kcp12304

Banned
These are good points on what the Utah exodus might mean:

The NYT wrote about this in June

The Mountain West has emerged as a general-election battleground in recent years, with explosive Latino growth and other demographic trends turning states that once leaned Republican, like Nevada and Colorado, into November tossups. And in the scrambled electoral map of 2016, Arizona looks increasingly as if it will be in play.

While Mormons make up only about 3 percent to 6 percent of the population in these states, the G.O.P. counts on them. They have high turnout and a reputation in campaign circles as top-notch canvassers unafraid of knocking on strangers’ doors. Their tightly networked communities constitute a reliable political fund-raising apparatus, thanks to the Romney campaign. In states like Colorado — which President Obama won in 2012 by fewer than 120,000 votes — the last thing Republicans need is for Trump-averse Mormons to sit this race out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom