• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clefargle

I never thought this meme was funny but it has taken on a whole new meaning for me and I am positive he is talking about Donald Trump.

https://youtu.be/kXvZeJSUDPM

Funny thing is Antoine Dodson is from my hometown of Huntsville AL. He came over and chilled at my apartment once and then again at my job before he went to NY to cash in on his meme fame and got arrested for drug possession. Glad to see his work is still relevant.

BSsBrolly

Banned
All this info about Trump just infuriates me. Not only because he abused women but because his base will continue to say "but bill." Ignoring this completely.

From that poll:

While voters statewide viewed Clinton more negatively than positively by 3 percentage points, they see Trump more negatively than positively by 18 points. In the four suburban counties, he’s viewed negatively by 70 percent.

Jesus. Hahahahaha

At Rallies In Florida, Women Think Trump’s Past Is Past
“I think he probably did it. But we have a choice: We have Hillary or him.”
In about dozen interviews, women supporting Trump, many of them mothers, seemed unfazed as they waited to enter the rally and the Teen USA accounts reverberated through the media cycle.

“Frankly, I think that was years ago. It didn’t kill anybody,” said Gay Light of Oxford, Florida. She echoed the sentiment of many here that the statute of limitations to be outraged by Trump’s barging in had passed.

“They should have done something back then,” said Mary Holt, stopping for a moment while waving an oversized “TRUMP PENCE” flag to talk. “Now that he’s wanting to be the president, all the dirty news comes out.”

“He didn’t rape them, right?” Celeste Lovett said. “Well, Bill Clinton actually raped people.” She was referring to Juanita Broaddrick, who for decades has claimed that Bill Clinton raped her in 1978.

“It’s no different than the Secret Service walking in on a president with a woman on his desk,” Light said, perhaps referring to an ex-Secret Service officer who claimed to have discovered Bill Clinton “making out on the Map Room table” with the daughter of former Vice President Walter Mondale.

At a rally in Lakeland later that afternoon, seven women likewise echoed the campaign’s pivot to the Clintons, with some going even further. Trump supporter Debora Johnson defended the candidate against the former pageant contestants’ allegations, saying “a lot of rich men, they would do that.”

Glenda Starn suggested it was the teenagers’ fault: “They want their name in the news, they want the glory of it. That’s my opinion. So give ’em the glory.”

In Ocala, one supporter named Connie who declined to give her last name, echoed some Teen USA contestants that BuzzFeed interviewed who doubted Trump could have entered the dressing room.
“It’s not that I don’t believe the story,” Connie said. “But these are pageants with a lot of people going back and forth.”

Others, again echoing Trump, simply dismissed the story outright because they no longer trusted mainstream media, which they see as being in cahoots with the Clinton campaign.
“There’s just so much slander out there that Hillary’s been spreading on Trump,” Cindy Fox said over the loudspeakers at the rally. “You don’t know if half of that is true.”

Holt, the flag-waving Trump diehard, said that she wouldn’t let her 17-year-old daughter participate in such a pageant, either. She added that she might change the way she felt about Trump if she spoke with a former beauty queen in person.
“I think he probably did it,” Holt said. “But we have a choice: We have Hillary or him. I vote him.”

Morning Joe is bipolar, one segment it's all about how Hillary sucks and the next it's about how she will be a great president

Covering their asses, as usual.

Do we expect and more of the GOP to pull their endorsements today?

Glass half full me expects a lot of denouncements on Trumps actions but no endorsement pulls because of "how much worse a Hillary presidency will be for the country."

Glass half empty me expects a lack of responses from GOP and, if pressed, something about forgiveness as that is what the Bible teaches (something that can extend across the aisle apparently).

Broken glass you see more responses like Trumps official response (which was apparently delivered without any irony when his campaign is doing the exact same thing but worse with Bill Clinton) and most likely further scorched earth attacks at the Clintons as dictated by Steven Bannon.

All in all a truly miserable time for politics in this country and a diminishing of the political moral superiority we sometimes like to have on a global scale.

BiggNife

I think gaf will meltdown when VA is "too early to call" or "too close to call" at 8pm lol
Oh man remember the 2012 election day thread

People were yelling "oh my God it's happening, Romney is going to be president" with one percent of the vote called

Funny thing is Antoine Dodson is from my hometown of Huntsville AL. He came over and chilled at my apartment once and then again at my job before he went to NY to cash in on his meme fame and got arrested for drug possession. Glad to see his work is still relevant.

Life imitates art. We can define Donald Trump as a Bed Intruder because of Dodson's work. Art creates a point of reference by which we define our own reality. Thanks to this meme, we now know to hide our kids and hide our wives from DJT.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So I go to sleep and wake up to find:

Trump pulls out of Virginia.

2 more massive oppo stories are still left that are worse.

You know, the lady talking about those stories mentioned digging up something in documents. Remember the rumor a while back about Trump donating to NAMBLA? I wonder if that is one of those stories. Perhaps that may be why he refuses to release tax returns?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Morning Joe is bipolar, one segment it's all about how Hillary sucks and the next it's about how she will be a great president
I actually have noticed a big change in Mark halperin. Now that the die is cast, I don't think he wants to damage his reputation and ability to concern troll in the future. He's clearly on the Hillary train.

So I go to sleep and wake up to find:

Trump pulls out of Virginia.

2 more massive oppo stories are still left that are worse.

You know, the lady talking about those stories mentioned digging up something in documents. Remember the rumor a while back about Trump donating to NAMBLA? I wonder if that is one of those stories. Perhaps that may be why he refuses to release tax returns?

It's like an advent calendar, except instead of chocolate, it's scandals that will render the GOP obsolete before the end of the decade!

KMS

Isn't it kind of sexist to ignore Hillary by passing her to attack her husband? Trump acts like she is not her own person.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Isn't it kind of sexist to ignore Hillary by passing her to attack her husband? Trump acts like she is not her own person.

Yes, but are you surprised this is coming from the republican party who seems to be steeped in a sexist paradigm?

Wilsongt

Imagine being a Trump surrogate and your job every morninv was to wake up, on on cable TV, and get laughed af and ridiculed by the world. And defend a sexual abuser and all you can say is "b-b-but Bill! Emails! Benghazi! Bernie!"

Plinko

The way this is all panning out is amazing. Trump parading out women accusing Bill of assault and stating we need to believe these accusers.

Numerous women now come out accusing Trump of assault. By his words, these women should be believed. Any of his stooges saying otherwise completely destroys his own attack.

Just an amazing turn of events.

It's like all you guys ever do is sit around watching TV to complain or freak out about it. No wonder you're all poor and have to vote Democrat to get all those handouts.

chadskin

haha

CupRxyAWIAAoEwA.jpg

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Lol Joe is having his own meltdown at realizing that Bill Clinton is so close to getting back to the white house.

He trying so hard to make it seem like both sides are equally guilty of bringing campaign down to the gutter.

The fact that the Deplorables can get shit trending on Twitter like they do is a testament to how the Internet is really establishing itself in the former (or current maybe?) USSR

Pyrokai

The damage Trump has done to our country is extraordinary. I can't even handle thinking about it too much. I hate him so much.

Just read about the "hang her in the streets" chants at one of his rallies and his doubling down on the special prosecutor thing. I'm just....in shock. This with the imagery of black people being punched and shoved at his rallies just like in the segregated south.........I just can't.

It worries me. It scares me. How can we ever overcome this?

royalan

Lol Joe is having his own meltdown at realizing that Bill Clinton is so close to getting back to the white house.

He trying so hard to make it seem like both sides are equally guilty of bringing campaign down to the gutter.

I don't watch Morning Joe. I turn my tv on as I'm getting ready for work and it's still on MSNBC from the night before.

And every time I leave it on Morning Joe for a few minutes I'm reminded of why I don't.

That was disgusting. That wasn't skepticism, Joe. That was your ungraceful attempt to shame these women. The dead silence of every at the table spoke volumes.

Diablos

The fact that the Deplorables can get shit trending on Twitter like they do is a testament to how the Internet is really establishing itself in the former (or current maybe?) USSR
They're just making it easier for net neutrality to die. Fuckers. I'm going to miss this era of the Internet

Maybe he thinks "respect" means "rape"? I mean, he doesn't know what most other words mean....

Yeah, he's so delusional and a serial liar that he'll probably still say that even after all of the accusations.

Pretty amazing his lack of oppo research on himself, guy's a lazy mofo not to do it.

Diablos

Care to explain? I'm just curious. I don't know much about this stuff.
It's just going to make it easier someday for Congress to pass a bill which essentially neuters the Internet as we know it in the name of privacy rights, stopping various forms of abuse, curbing foreign hackers from exploiting the communications of a major US political party, making it harder for terrorists to communicate, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom