• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangi

Here's what happened: the campaign in a hurry told the media that there will be a video, but they simply can't make Donald sit down and record one

His campaign actually seems to understand how damaging this is. They promised an apology, but can't get their candidate to legitimately give one.

It's amazing.

"Video might come out tomorrow"

Meanwhile at the GOP HQ

0qdvOp.gif

defcon1.png

teiresias

Putting the video off until tomorrow morning is stupid because it will only be overshadowed by whatever shit falls out of his mouth Sunday at the debate.

"What a shitty election amarite?"

#bothsidesareequal

/jk

I've never heard this from a Democrat either. It's always someone saying to me after a Trump controversy "Man, both these candidates suck, eh?"

"Nah, I like my candidate."

"No, you don't. She's the fucking worst, a goddamn murdering bitch."

It's just Republicans embarrassed by their candidate trying to throw some shade to cover up how bad he is.

Chamffetz crocodile tears are disgusting

Yeah, he can fuck himself.

"I think the message of Donald Trump is a good one, .."

He was cool endorsing Trump up until this point though. His wife probably threatened to throw him into the doghouse if he didn't revoke it for this. Let's not praise these people for dropping support now, it has fuck all to do with principle. They just calculated that its crossed a threshold where it would be political suicide to continue endorsing.

WMBT27

This is so bungled at this point

It's 11:30 at night. The Trump campaign has YET to release a VIDEO message. They can't even get their candidate on a tape....with no reporters...no questions...nothing.

They can't get him on tape to say:

"I am humbled and truly remorseful for my actions. I will continue to strive to not only improve myself and grow as a person, but to also prove to the American people that I am the right choice to lead this country. I ask forgiveness from God, my family, my friends, and from the American people. Thank you, and God Bless America"

Paskil

They keep approaching him, one at a time, telling him they need to film him apologizing. Donald, ever the petulant child, huffs with his cheeks red from anger, "NO! I don't apologize. Ever. Ever. Ever." They tell Donald that they already promised a video. He needs to apologize before more people rescind support. "NO! I don't apologize. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever."

It's 11:30 at night. The Trump campaign has YET to release a VIDEO message. They can't even get their candidate on a tape....with no reporters...no questions...nothing.

"I am humbled and truly remorseful for my actions. I will continue to strive to not only improve myself and grow as a person, but to also prove to the American people that I am the right choice to lead this country. I ask forgiveness from God, my family, my friends, and from the American people. Thank you, and God Bless America"

Get that down to 140 characters and he can call it a night.

faisal233

Hopefully he feels cornered, pissed off and steals his phone from his handlers at 3am.

Teggy

Haha, the video is going to be like, "I just wanted to remind everyone that the new Trump hotel in DC has special rates going on right now. See you on Sunday at the debate!"

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You guys are disgusting. Hillary just had her campaign fucking rocked by confirmation she is a pragmatic politician who is not a psychopath and all you can do is wait for a video from a serial rapist sexual assaulter.

Boke1879

Seriously like I said. For his sake. He's better off skipping the debate lol. This shit is going to be on his mind FOR DAYS.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
He'd deny Donald Trump was ever running for president, and wouldn't even know who Donald Trump was.

I do wonder how that would actually go over.

On one hand, it looks really bad for the GOP, obviously.

On the other hand, Pence got fans with the VP debate and Hillary is still widely disliked due to bullshit.

I'm sure Hillary would still win but would it be closer or more of landslide.

Yeah plus it could win over people with already some bias against Clinton if she is visibly mad, as she should be, that her opponent wouldn't even come out to debate her.

That sentence lmao

Gruco

Banned
Trump is in a room right now screaming. He is yelling at Paul Ryan for betraying him, the media for dishonest reporting, Mike Pence for making him look bad, Hillary for being smarter than he is, and probably some of the women he molested for some combination of asking for it / being sluts / being fat / refusing to have sex with him.

As he rants, Reince Priebus and Conway are clamly trying to explain to him why the video is important as they question every choice they ever made in life.

Paul Ryan crying himself to sleep as he realizes he won't be able to repeal the estate tax for at least four more years.

Strimei

Dana Bash seems to say the campaign is pleading with Trump to even take this seriously. He actually doesn't get it.

Of course he doesn't get it.

God I wish I could be in that room to hear what's going on. I can only imagine how desperate some of his people are getting.

WMBT27

Hopefully he feels cornered, pissed off and steals his phone from his handlers at 3am.

In my opinion that's probably exactly why this hasn't come out yet.

Like I posted above, this is the most BASIC of political statements. Act humble. Say you're sorry. Reference God and your family. Insinuate America is the most important thing.

If he can't get this out and on tape, it's because he doesn't want to and he's fighting them over content. That's the only explanation.

Teggy

Shaun Boyd‏ @CBS4Shaun
BREAKING:mad:RepMikeCoffman calls for @realDonaldTrump to step aside "for the good of the country & to give GOP a chance to defeat Clinton."

CO rep, but don't know if he ever endorsed.

Boke1879

If Trump "got it" he wouldn't have released that shitty press statement deflecting blame to Bill. I don't know who in his campaign approved that shit.

Now he can't even get a taped video out saying some basic bs. Which won't help him, but shit. He isn't doing anything.

It's been a while since I've been glued to cable news like this. Getting flashbacks to 2008 and 2012 lol. I had plans, Donald. Weed and video game plans. Release the tape!

Grief.exe

Dead

Will Rahn Verified account
‏@willrahn

BUSH COMPOUND, DECEMBER 2015 —

JEB: We must stop Trump. Any ideas?

GWB: Nope

GHWB: Sorry no

BILLY: Nope, no idea, nothing, zilch, zero

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Oh my god I went out and I came home to this.

Do you think Hillary is having celebrations with huma

Gruco

Banned
Of course he doesn't get it.

God I wish I could be in that room to hear what's going on. I can only imagine how desperate some of his people are getting.

The second reports came out about "not Trump like" and "apology" it should have been obvious to everyone that this wasn't coming from the candidate and that getting him on board was not going to be an easy sell.

Boke1879

I wonder what the fallout looks like. Trump supporters are out there and they will not be happy with what's going on. I can't imagine they are taking kindly to the GOP shitting on their guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom