• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. Jason Chaffetz -- Utah Rep
2. Gary Herbert -- Utah Gov
3. Mike Coffman -- Colorado Rep

(can someone please keep this going? Would like to see how many this gets up to by tomorrow morning)

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The second reports came out about "not Trump like" and "apology" it should have been obvious to everyone that this wasn't coming from the candidate and that getting him on board was not going to be an easy sell.

Yeah but you would have assumed they already filmed it with those statements.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I still don't get why she never released her transcripts now. They're good! I blame Bernie and crab.

Boke1879

I don't see how he debates. He's gonna be so unhinged or shook at every moment.

I say for his sake this is what he should do. Lets be real. There will no doubt be a plant in the audience. A woman and she'll ask him about all his sexist shit.

This is also the same man that said he was using 50% of his brain focusing on the mic problems and couldn't focus on the debate.

What do you think this shit will do to him?

The only thing the GOP can do is basically have Trump give up. Obviously, Trump really wouldn't, but in practice I can see just not taking it seriously anymore which is basically giving up.
If things get worse I can see Trump not giving the fuck anymore than he already has.

DNsXXq9.jpg

F5 F5 F5 F5 Still nothing

Blader

Trump is in a room right now screaming. He is yelling at Paul Ryan for betraying him, the media for dishonest reporting, Mike Pence for making him look bad, Hillary for being smarter than he is, and probably some of the women he molested for some combination of asking for it / being sluts / being fat / refusing to have sex with him.

As he rants, Reince Priebus and Conway are clamly trying to explain to him why the video is important as they question every choice they ever made in life.

Paul Ryan crying himself to sleep as he realizes he won't be able to repeal the estate tax for at least four more years.

fucking LOL

I still don't get why she never released her transcripts now. They're good! I blame Bernie and crab.

...you should never do what you opponent asks, even if it doesn't hurt you at all.

Because you then set the precedent that the circle of morons that was Bernie supporters at the time can ask you to do whatever they want, and when you finally refuse an unreasonable request it is a 10x bigger story because you said yes so many times in the past.

Then why is Hillary pretending that she opposes the TPP?

OPTICS.

Seriously, probably because it was probably hard to defend it now and during the primary. She actually may not support it much now because of the outcome ; she probably wanted more out of it.

I don't know much about her feelings for being pro-trade; she might be very open towards trade, but also wants a lot of liberal policies out of it like strong protections foe workers and the environment. She has been very specific with saying she doesn't support bad trade deals or something like that, it is ambiguous enough to give her wiggle room.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
1. Jason Chaffetz -- Utah Rep
2. Gary Herbert -- Utah Gov
3. Mike Coffman -- Colorado Rep

(can someone please keep this going? Would like to see how many this gets up to by tomorrow morning)

I'm in his district, and he and his opponent have been running a lot of ads. He's been trying to avoid Trump like mad. He doesn't denounce him, but I don't think he ever endorsed him either. At least before tonight.

I haven't seen one poll for CO-6, so I don't know where it stands. I do think he's going better than Morgan Carroll in advertising. She's going full on negative, and that's what got our last Democratic Senator defeated. Coffman has plenty of negative ads, but he also has some positive ones.

In Trump Tower, Preibus, KellyAnn and Sean Spicer are pleading with Trump to sit down and record a video. Trump would not listen one second. He's stark raving mad about only one thing: Billy Bush.

Hair Mouse is scolding Trump about how Billy Bush is a deceiver and a liar.

WMBT27

This is going to be crazy to watch...

"Establishment" Republicans are going to jump ship because they recognize that the moderate population that determines elections will not respond favorable to this...

But they can't without collateral damage from both sides. The Trump fans are still going to be onboard and they'll view this as a betrayal. Moderates will wonder why they rolled in slop with this guy for so long.

It's the culmination of what most people thought was going to happen post election loss...happening 30 days before the election.

Iolo

Eons ago, at the VP debate, I remember Tim Kaine saying Trump would never apologize or take responsibility for anything. Meanwhile, we await a midnight apology video...

Probably this. And those speeches make it appear that her opposition to the TPP is opportunistic and insincere.

Everyone knows it is, which is why it's one of the only issues Trump was able to mount an even weak attack that was somewhat effective on because she feels uncomfortable being anti-trade. That being said, free trade is toxic as hell right now. I mean I do think she probably wants to change a few things in TPP, but would probably vote for it as a Senator.

This is going to be crazy to watch...

"Establishment" Republicans are going to jump ship because they recognize that the moderate population that determines elections will not respond favorable to this...

But they can't without collateral damage from both sides. The Trump fans are still going to be onboard and they'll view this as a betrayal. Moderates will wonder why they rolled in slop with this guy for so long.

It's the culmination of what most people thought was going to happen post election loss...happening 30 days before the election.

God, this is feeding my coworker's belief that Trump was a plant by Hillary to get her elected and get the Democrats Congress.

Emarv

Billy Bush and Howard Stern helped save America from a racist, sexist vile president.

2016 is some bullshit parody year.

You can be pro-trade and not agree with a particular trade deal.

I'm not making an argument against Hillary here, just postulating why her campaign wanted those speeches kept secret. And they do make her look like a flip-flopper on trade, an area where Trump has actually been best at targeting.

Strimei

God, this is feeding my coworker's belief that Trump was a plant by Hillary to get her elected and get the Democrats Congress.

Was talking to a friend about this. They don't believe it but still floated the possibility. I reminded them that this would require Trump sacrificing himself.

I wish every page of this thread had that picture of Lyin' Ted cold calling for Trump. It's the the cherry on top of this poop sundae.

Honestly, the right way to handle this would be to go on Hannity.

This is his best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom