• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iolo

Trying to imagine every possible scenario here, and FUCKING JASON CHAFFETZ withdrawing support from Trump has me thinking: whose endorsement could Trump lose would make you giggle the hardest?

ANN COULTER

SARAH PALIN

Imagine it!

IVANKA TRUMP

Gruco

Banned
After the Khan breakdown, it oh-so-briefly looked like we might get a glimpse of what we're all hoping for right now. Remember, the key moment in that mess, and the point where Trump started dialing it back, was when he refused to endorse Ryan, Ayotte, and McCain.

After that, someone (I don't think anyone really knows who or how) was sufficiently convincing / threatening to get Trump to quit his shit down and stop fucking over the party.

The GOP's red line isn't racism or misogyny. It's Trump's ability to threaten the party as a whole. The litany of condemnations is clearly a coordinated response, and I would have to imagine that whoever got Trump to calm his shit in August is also the force pushing him to apologize. Right now, the GOP sees this as an existential threat and is not fucking around. The coordination is so transparent. But I truly have to wonder who it was that stopped the earlier death spiral, and whether it's the same person now getting him to apologize.

Hazmat

They probably had to edit multiple takes lol

672637.gif

You guys should look up Rob Ford's apologies after he got caught saying things about what he'd like to do to women on audio/video.....

Boke1879

After the Khan breakdown, it oh-so-briefly looked like we might get a glimpse of what we're all hoping for right now. Remember, the key moment in that mess, and the point where Trump started dialing it back, was when he refused to endorse Ryan, Ayotte, and McCain.

After that, someone (I don't think anyone really knows who or how) was sufficiently convincing / threatening to get Trump to quit his shit down and stop fucking over the party.

The GOP's red line isn't racism or misogyny. It's Trump's ability to threaten the party as a whole. The litany of condemnations is clearly a coordinated response, and I would have to imagine that whoever got Trump to calm his shit in August is also the force pushing him to apologize. Right now, the GOP sees this as an existential threat and is not fucking around. The coordination is so transparent. But I truly have to wonder who it was that stopped the earlier death spiral, and whether it's the same person now getting him to apologize.

Real talk. It has to be one of his kids.

Chaffetz is a total weasel. He has a 15 year old daughter and this is unacceptable.

WELL, WHAT ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE HE'S BEEN SAYING THEN

Fuck the GOP

I just had this sinking feeling when I thought "This is a lot of people's first introduction to politics this year. This is the first time they're voting. This impression will last them a lifetime."

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
If they can't get the video together, he could always do a call-in tomorrow. Does Fox & Friends air on Saturdays?

kcp12304

Banned
Chamffetz crocodile tears are disgusting

Bashing Mexicans, Muslims, Mocking disabled reporters, all his sexists statements for the last 20+ years including the many this year and now he offended you

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You know, even if Trump was doing some top notch debate prep, how would you even begin to prepare anyone in a dingle day for what this is going to do?

Boke1879

The damage has been done. I mean this video Trump is going to release is taking ages. It's almost midnight on the East Coast.

Most people will see nothing but the damage. He's already getting blasted by his party. I'm sure dems have their marching orders to tie every GOP who's in congress to this shit.

and the media is most certainly going to pound on this.

Here's what happened: the campaign in a hurry told the media that there will be a video, but they simply can't make Donald sit down and record one

Gruco

Banned
Spoiler alert: Trump doesn't want to do the video. It was planned as a rapid response by Reince, Ryan, and probably a couple other jackasses. The video is an unconditional demand from the party and Trump is too busy raging to comply. It was offered as PR by people who weren't sure if they could deliver it. Also apparently Trump doesn't like it when people tell him what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom