• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT16| Unpresidented

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

With each passing day I am feeling better and better about President Trump. And When i get on anti anixeity drugs i might even look forward too it.

All I can say about the state of the poltical parties is the DNC has an opportunity for a hell of a rebuilding and rebranding. I am all for it as long as they don't lose their core values.

dramatis

It won't work. When you say 'brown' I just think of poop.

With each passing day I am feeling better and better about President Trump. And When i get on anti anixeity drugs i might even look forward too it.

All I can say about the state of the poltical parties is the DNC has an opportunity for a hell of a rebuilding and rebranding. I am all for it as long as they don't lose their core values.
Welcome back.

I think you live in Georgia? Your state did well.

PInk Tape

Banned
Priebus would probably pretty glad to be out of the RNC chair spot (assuming he gets picked), because that primary must have been really stressful.

Now he gets to babysit Trump, so I'm not sure he's actually that happy.

Instead of getting drunk and high on horse tranquilizers 4 times a week he has to do that every day for 4 years.

That would be appealing to a very specific demo.

3f482dea9c0f6241fbd4c16f9acb0d78.gif

Crayons

Banned
So...if Clinton did well with minorities, and Bernie did well with white people, do you guys think that if the ticket was Clinton/Bernie, the dems would have won?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
We should be able to pick up the MI governor seat with Snyder's shitty approval ratings? right?

Snyder can't run again because of term limits. Either way, the state is so red it would take somebody special to win a a democrat. Besides, it wouldn't matter much anyway because of how red the state government is.

So...if Clinton did well with minorities, and Bernie did well with white people, do you guys think that if the ticket was Clinton/Bernie, the dems would have won?

I am 100% positive Hillary would be president.

Snyder can't run again because of term limits. Either way, the state is so red it would take somebody special to win a a democrat. Besides, it wouldn't matter much anyway because of how red the state government is.

please tell that to Debbie Stabenow, Gary Peters, and a 11,000 vote difference between Clinton and Trump.

EDIT: Ugh this thread is moving so slow now

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
please tell that to Debbie Stabenow, Gary Peters, and a 11,000 vote difference between Clinton and Trump.

EDIT: Ugh this thread is moving so slow now

As governor. I am fully aware of the Democrat representatives in that state. I just think that if you can't motivate people to come out and vote for the president, I'm struggling to see how you're going to get those voters for the governor midterm.

BanGy.nz

Banned
I'm not sure Sherrod makes it to 2020 tbh. He needs to pray that Kacish doesn't jump into that 2018 race because I'm not sure he can win it if he does.

I need a better hashtag for Sherrod Brown 2020 than #DownWithBrown

Funny, a couple days ago I was talking to a friend who suggested a Sherrod Brown/Cory Booker ticket. Rust belt and young/minority voters at once. I've said before I'm not a Booker fan but that's not a bad ticket. Brown is probably too unrefined to win the primary though.

dramatis

She was vice chair of the DNC at the time.

I could be smug back, too. But I won't.
The Vice Chair of DNC was vacant after Tulsi Gabbard resigned in February. It was filled in July by Grace Meng.

Between Feb and Jul, there was no Vice Chair of the DNC. It certainly wasn't Donna Brazile, unless Brazile didn't exist.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
She was vice chair of the DNC at the time.

I could be smug back, too. But I won't.

I can't find evidence she was or was not,
For the sake of argument, let's say she was.

You can surely find another example of DNC actions playing favorites right?
It can't just be one person that's the problem.

As governor. I am fully aware of the Democrat representatives in that state. I just think that if you can't motivate people to come out and vote for the president, I'm struggling to see how you're going to get those voters for the governor midterm.

Gary Peters won in a red-wave year relatively easily. Trump and Clinton won't be on the ticket in 2018. And you'll see a lot more energy in 2018 go to the governor races because the map is friendlier.

Funny, a couple days ago I was talking to a friend who suggested a Sherrod Brown/Cory Booker ticket. Rust belt and young/minority voters at once. I've said before I'm not a Booker fan but that's not a bad ticket. Brown is probably too unrefined to win the primary though.

I think anyone can win a primary at this point tbh.

The Vice Chair of DNC chair was vacant after Tulsi Gabbard resigned in February. It was filled in July by Grace Meng.

Between Jan and Jul, there was no Vice Chair of the DNC. It certainly wasn't Donna Brazile, unless Brazile didn't exist.

whoa.

numble

She was not a part of the DNC when she sent the question. I know these things can be hard to follow..
Actually, she has been a part of the DNC since 2001, under various roles. CNN even acknowledged her as being part of the DNC.

Here is a CNN op-ed by her in 2015:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/01/opinion/brazile-hillary-clinton-woman-2016/

Donna Brazile, a CNN contributor and a Democratic strategist, is vice chairwoman for voter registration and participation at the Democratic National Committee.

I know these things can be hard to follow..

chadskin

I'm no expert but that sounds like a made-up position

It exists apparently, at least 'Counselor to the President', but doesn't sound like an extremely valuable position:

The Counselor to the President is a high-ranking assistant to the President of the United States, and a senior member of the Executive Office of the President.

During the administration of George W. Bush, the Counselor oversaw the Communications, Media Affairs, Speechwriting, and Press Offices.

Under the Obama Administration, the position was initially abolished and the duties of the office transferred to three senior advisors: David Axelrod, Pete Rouse, and Valerie Jarrett, who is also Assistant to the President for Intergovernmental Relations and Public Liaison. On January 6, 2011, President Obama appointed Rouse as Counselor to the President where he was responsible for assisting the President and White House Chief of Staff with the day-to-day management of White House staff operations. John Podesta was the last person to hold the position before he left to join the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign of 2016 as chairman.

He'll probably cash a nice paycheck for a year or so and then return to Breitbart.

numble

The Vice Chair of DNC was vacant after Tulsi Gabbard resigned in February. It was filled in July by Grace Meng.

Between Feb and Jul, there was no Vice Chair of the DNC. It certainly wasn't Donna Brazile, unless Brazile didn't exist.
Brazile was a Vice Chairman for various DNC subgroups since 2001, but not Vice Chair.

Holmes

I like Sherrod Brown at the top of the ticket with Hassan or Warren as Veep. Booker would be good but my husband dislikes him for the same reason he disliked Clinton and Kaine and I don't want that attitude to be widespread about our ticket again in 2020.

samn

It exists apparently, at least 'Counselor to the President', but doesn't sound like an extremely valuable position:

He'll probably cash a nice paycheck for a year or so and then return to Breitbart.

Communications, Media Affairs and Speechwriting will be extremely important to a President Trump that wants to keep holding rallies. He'll probably be as high-ranking as Pence

SexyFish

Banned
Donald Trump names Reince Priebus as chief of staff, putting an establishment figure in a key White House post

Trump selected the Republican National Committee chairman, according to two people familiar with the decision. Priebus was the favorite of GOP Congressional leaders and recommended by House Speaker Paul Ryan.

Stephen K. Bannon, the chief executive of Trump’s campaign and head of Breitbart News, and Corey Lewandowski, who was Trump’s first campaign manager, were also believed to be in the running for the position.

Holmes

lol Plinko, Michigan isn't "so red" that the governor's mansion is off the table in 2018. In fact if the midterm will be as bad for Republicans as history predicts, I think the governor's mansion in states like Kansas and Florida are on the table.

dramatis

Actually, she has been a part of the DNC since 2001, under various roles. CNN even acknowledged her as being part of the DNC.

Here is a CNN op-ed by her in 2015:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/01/opinion/brazile-hillary-clinton-woman-2016/

I know these things can be hard to follow..
Yep, that's the closest one can get. The problem is that there is no set date for whether or not Brazile was part of the DNC when she sent the email. You yourself can only find an op ed from March 2015 denoting her status at the DNC, which isn't the same as March 2016.

After all this, I'm confused. What does this have to do with 2018 or 2020 again? Have we not established that Brazile is an interim chair, and will be gone more than soon enough? That we have a lot of work to do in the next four years? I mean, you can complain that it's an echo chamber in here, but the same applies to the Hillary hate threads in OT, no? What is productive about relitigating old grievances again and again?

Brazile was a Vice Chairman for various DNC subgroups since 2001, but not Vice Chair.
MIMIC specifically said she was vice chair of the DNC, which means his research was incomplete.

Oh man poor Corey. He's just going to be the bag man to replace Chris Christie, isn't he?

Zukkoyaki

lol Plinko, Michigan isn't "so red" that the governor's mansion is off the table in 2018. In fact if the midterm will be as bad for Republicans as history predicts, I think the governor's mansion in states like Kansas and Florida are on the table.
I keep forgetting about Kansas. Their economy is reaching Oklahoma and Mississippi territory. Some significant push-back wouldn't be surprising at all.

MIMIC

Banned

You're right. I was reading a source that called her "vice chair" and I don't know whether that was deliberately misleading or not, but I just searched the DNC website for what it said back in March and it said vice chair of Voter Registration and Participation

N1eq5wF.jpg

So, head of the DNC (as I said before)? No. Very much part of the DNC? Yes.

numble

Yep, that's the closest one can get. The problem is that there is no set date for whether or not Brazile was part of the DNC when she sent the email. You yourself can only find an op ed from March 2015 denoting her status at the DNC, which isn't the same as March 2016.

After all this, I'm confused. What does this have to do with 2018 or 2020 again? Have we not established that Brazile is an interim chair, and will be gone more than soon enough? That we have a lot of work to do in the next four years? I mean, you can complain that it's an echo chamber in here, but the same applies to the Hillary hate threads in OT, no? What is productive about relitigating old grievances again and again?

Oh man poor Corey. He's just going to be the bag man to replace Chris Christie, isn't he?
Me myself can only find something like that? I am sitting in a fast food restaurant typing on my iPhone. If you want something from March 2016, give me an hour after I get home. That is just a random example I pulled up.

Holmes

I keep forgetting about Kansas. Their economy is reaching Oklahoma and Mississippi territory. Some significant push-back wouldn't be surprising at all.
I mean, Democrats won the Kansas governor's mansion in Bush's first midterm. There's precedent. It might be a former Republican businessman turned Democrat but it is what it is.

GusBus

The Reince pick means there's an increasing chance this is Bush 3.0. He's almost a Republic moderate, by 2016 standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom