• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubenov

Good lord, not only is Trump going to kill the GOP for 2016, he's also destroying the future of two of their top prospects. Here's how Republicans perception of Cruz has crashed this year:

CcVoPF0WEAAip7f.jpg

Friendless, nasty Cruz was always going to be nobody outside the Tea Party wing.

YAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The last MN poll which is over a month old had Hillary up by 34. I know that that state is going to be close as all hell.

I refuse to be super hopeful, but if Hillary keeps Bernie to only winning Vermont and two others, that would be HUGE.

Since MSNBC has decided Mass is the key to the nomination, I want her to crush it there.

Hold me, CCS.

If she does win everywhere but Vermont, I'm going to hold you so hard Adam. So damn hard.

Hey do I get a turn in this?!

:mad:

If she wins Vermont I will propose to you in the chat :p

Yeah, much as I'd love Warren to endorse, I don't see her picking a side in this race.

All are welcome, I do not restrict my holding of members of PoliGAF. Come to me, and I shall hold you as we celebrate our Queen.

Well, after the ceremonial circle jerk we can break off into groups, kinda like a caucus. I'm sure we'll all be excited enough to maintain, considering one state set us off like that!

This circlejerk never ends. We'll make PoliGAF gay again, gayer than can possibly be imagined. It's gonna be YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

Clearly, I've been missing out on the fun in the poliGAF chat sessions. O___O

Hillary also picked up the endorsement of more than 40 Democratic members of the Virginia General Assembly. Out of 19 Democratic state senators, 15 endorsed her today. 26 out of the 34 democratic House Delegates endorsed her today.

Not showing any for Bernie, but I'm not sure on that.

Edit: Join us brainchild! They're totally fun...and I promise to keep the Hillary love at no higher than a 9 out of 10. Just for you!

Good lord, not only is Trump going to kill the GOP for 2016, he's also destroying the future of two of their top prospects. Here's how Republicans perception of Cruz has crashed this year:

CcVoPF0WEAAip7f.jpg

Walker had the right idea getting out early, most of the candidates are going to be tainted by this race and have no chance of being the nominee in the future.

Grief.exe

I agree with this.

Warren and Sanders are so much closer ideologically that it makes no sense for Warren to anger a fired up progressive base and surrender much of her influence now as opposed to staying neutral and being used to greater effect to bring young progressives back into the fold in the general.

I agree.

A Warren nod to Hilary prior to the Nomination would come off as forced considering she's significantly closer to Bernie ideologically.

Dinjooh

Quick question from a eurogaffer who hasn't kept up with the american election at all.

If my primary interest is how much you fund and support NASA, which candidate should I be rooting for?

Grief.exe

Quick question from a eurogaffer who hasn't kept up with the american election at all.

If my primary interest is how much you fund and support NASA, which candidate should I be rooting for?

If you believe in Science funding/education, always look opposite of the Republicans.

Newt Gingrich.

But seriously no one has talked about it. It's low on our agenda as of right now unfortunately.

Wow, Cruz with Chris Wallace just now - Cruz was pissed that Chris was asking him tough questions. Refused to say thank you at the end of it, while there was dead air for about 5 seconds while they waited for him to reply to Chris's thank you.

CCS

Banned
That's quite the conditional statement :p

Will do.

In all seriousness, thanks for all your posts. We get rather biased in here sometimes (me especially) and it's good to have some people with different viewpoints to talk to, especially given that in the broad scheme of things we're on the same side :)

Bowdz

Look to our true Lord and Savior Elon Musk, who coincidentally, has donated heavily to Hillary's campaign.

Also, there is *fingers crossed* about to be another SpaceX launch in ten minutes! Go and watch the stream!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpaoRP70lzM

Grief.exe

Wow, Cruz with Chris Wallace just now - Cruz was pissed that Chris was asking him tough questions. Refused to say thank you at the end of it, while their was dead air for about 5 seconds while they waited for him to reply to Chris's thank you.

Will it be available online?

nope, his career is over if he loses. he will be nothing but a 1-term senator that never passed anything or even bothered to show up for committee meetings

I guess he will become a fox news analyst

He's going to run for FL governor is 2018. If he can't get that, it's probably over for Rubes.

Dinjooh

Newt Gingrich.

But seriously no one has talked about it. It's low on our agenda as of right now unfortunately.

That's disheartening for me.

Look to our true Lord and Savior Elon Musk, who coincidentally, has donated heavily to Hillary's campaign.

Also, there is *fingers crossed* about to be another SpaceX launch in ten minutes! Go and watch the stream!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpaoRP70lzM

Oh I am already tuned in my friend!

In all seriousness, thanks for all your posts. We get rather biased in here sometimes (me especially) and it's good to have some people with different viewpoints to talk to, especially given that in the broad scheme of things we're on the same side :)

I appreciate the balance of opinion that you guys offer as well. There's no way I'd regularly post on the Bernie subreddits, simply because it would get boring after 5 seconds. I need something to stimulate my intellect and that's not going to happen if everyone agrees with everything that I say.

chris wallace is making rubio sweat bullets now

True. But this isn't hard to do. I haven't seen anyone sweet like Little Marco. Big ears. Lots of sweat. Not Presidential. Yuuuge ears. And he drinks water. Not a winner. Winners don't guzzle water. Big loser. CHOCKS on the water. Just chocks. No stamina. None at all.

If these national numbers are anywhere close to accurate, its seriously over:

Economist/YouGov poll

Trump 44
Cruz 21
Rubio 17
Kasich 8

3-way
Trump 49, Rubio 27, Cruz 25

1-on-1
Trump 58, Cruz 42
Trump 57, Rubio 43

CCS

Banned
Where do these PoliGAF orgys chats take place?

The links are usually posted in here (via email tags) an hour or two before results open :)

I appreciate the balance of opinion that you guys offer as well. There's no way I'd regularly post on the Bernie subreddits, simply because it would get boring after 5 seconds. I need something to stimulate my intellect and that's not going to happen if everyone agrees with everything that I say.

I appreciate what you and the other Bernie supporters in here add too, interesting debate is always good. May the best (read most popular) candidate win :p

User1608

Banned
nope, his career is over if he loses. he will be nothing but a 1-term senator that never passed anything or even bothered to show up for committee meetings

I guess he will become a fox news analyst
Rubio deserves less. After running away from his own bill and not even standing up for it I'm kinda bitter.
Wow, Cruz with Chris Wallace just now - Cruz was pissed that Chris was asking him tough questions. Refused to say thank you at the end of it, while their was dead air for about 5 seconds while they waited for him to reply to Chris's thank you.
Sounds pretty hilarious.
Agreed. I'm a pretty boring person and honestly should contribute more substantially in Poligaf but it's always great to read so many detailed and well-articulated opinions from opposing views, slight and not so slight. I feel like I've learned more and have become more open in my own political beliefs.

CCS

Banned
I started out in gaming and then my posting slowly increased in OT until it was almost exclusive to that forum. Now I find myself slowly moving over here.

I did the same thing. I find that once you find a few communities you really enjoy being part of you spend almost all your time in them.

Economist/YouGov poll

Trump 44
Cruz 21
Rubio 17
Kasich 8

3-way

1-on-1
Trump 58, Cruz 42
Trump 57, Rubio 43

I'm not sure I'm ready to believe this, but Trump's ceiling has been rising. He's beating Rubio one-on-one in several state polls now when he used to always lose, usually by large margins.

CCS

Banned
Agreed. I'm a pretty boring person and honestly should contribute more substantially in Poligaf but it's always great to read so many detailed and well-articulated opinions from opposing views, slight and not so slight. I feel like I've learned more and have become more open in my own political beliefs.

This is the key thing for me. I'm a firm believer that the only way to learn is to have your beliefs challenged. You don't necessarily have to change what you believe, but facing up to challenges and arguments against your beliefs forces you to really think about what you believe and to try and understand the reasons why you do. There is no healthier force for knowledge than reasonable and civilised debate.

Have the media that talk up how "Clinton vs. Trump would be a dead heat!" ever explained how Trump is supposed to get the 60% of the white woman vote he would need?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Economist/YouGov poll

Trump 44
Cruz 21
Rubio 17
Kasich 8

3-way

1-on-1
Trump 58, Cruz 42
Trump 57, Rubio 43

Nate Silver's "but if so-and-so drops out, Trump can't win!" line is gone. No more.

Bowdz

Holy shit at that YouGov poll. I'm fully rooting for Trump to sweep TX Tuesday now (I know he will lose it, but still).

This really does hold true for both sides: people love a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom