• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polari

"Despite what you hear, we don't need to make America great again," Clinton said Saturday night, referring to Trump's campaign slogan. "America has never stopped being great."

If this is Hillary's answer to Trump and Sanders, she's a moron. I'd suggest she read Stiglitz's The Price of Inequality because she clearly doesn't understand what has happened to the working classes since 2008.

If this is Hillary's answer to Trump and Sanders, she's a moron. I'd suggest she read Stiglitz's The Price of Inequality because she clearly doesn't understand what has happened to the working classes since 2008.

Did you purposefully leave out the very next line she says? Considering your post, probably...

Continue the quote.

"We need to make America whole again."

Bowdz

I'm glad my question about the first Senate endorsement was answered in short order.

What other big possible endorsements could Trump get that could help out in Super Tuesday States?

What are the drawbacks that we don't already have in america? Rationing? We probably ration more than them.
This was from a few pages ago, but I thought it worth noting the US has the 4th lowest tax burden as a %GDP in the OECD, about 25% of the OECD average. Lower than countries upon which the idea of strong social programs are being idealised.

So I imagine that would change need to change a lot more than is being promised.
This doesn't just apply to healthcare, but generally social program provision by the government.

And I fully recognise that the US has the highest spending on healthcare per capita in the OECD, with about as much private as public spending. The former is basically direct spending on one's own care though.

Some would pay more than they are, some would pay less. But conceptually, a strong public healthcare system requires people to be willing to spend on others.

I think a lot of people in this thread would be perfectly fine with that. But I'm less certain the US populous is actually that keen on spending on others instead of directly on themselves.

with that margin she'd win 30 to his 6!!

extrapolate that to texas and its 186-35

She won't hold that margin in Texas because its more Latino than AA. And Bernie wins the Latino vote /s

Well, he doesn't win it...seems like he'll only lose it by 20 or so. So, it'll be closer in Texas than the rest of the deep south.

Come on Tuesday. I can't wait. I legit cannot wait for Tuesday night.

Kusagari

"You know Ted likes to talk about how I'm not a true conservative. What a liar, am I right? If I'm not a true conservative then why did Senator Sessions, nice guy...great guy, support me? You know, Ted, he loves Senator Sessions. Ted always says Senator Sessions is a true conservative, one of the biggest allies on fighting illegal immigration. Look it up. It's true. Unlike Ted I'm not a liar, I just can't lie. I'm a businessman, you know. So Senator Sessions endorses me and not Ted? Even a man Ted sees as an ally supports me and not him? You expect this guy to cut deals when his allies in congress won't even support him? Give me a break. We need someone people like in office folks. We need a winner. And I win endorsements from people that Ted works with every day. He must be embarrassed at what a loser he is."

CCS

Banned
She won't hold that margin in Texas because its more Latino than AA. And Bernie wins the Latino vote /s

Well, he doesn't win it...seems like he'll only lose it by 20 or so. So, it'll be closer in Texas than the rest of the deep south.

Come on Tuesday. I can't wait. I legit cannot wait for Tuesday night.

Tuesday is going to be so incredible. I cannot wait!

Rubenov

"You know Ted likes to talk about how I'm not a true conservative. What a liar, am I right? If I'm not a true conservative then why did Senator Sessions, nice guy...great guy, support me? You know, Ted, he loves Senator Sessions. Ted always says Senator Sessions is a true conservative, one of the biggest allies on fighting illegal immigration. Look it up. It's true. Unlike Ted I'm not a liar, I just can't lie. I'm a businessman, you know. So Senator Sessions endorses me and not Ted? Even a man Ted sees as an ally supports me and not him? You expect this guy to cut deals when his allies in congress won't even support him? Give me a break. We need someone people like in office folks. We need a winner. And I win endorsements from people that Ted works with every day. He must be embarrassed at what a loser he is."

Winning. Win.

with that margin she'd win 30 to his 6!!

extrapolate that to texas and its 186-35, GA and its 85-16 etc. He is doomed on Tuesday

if she overperforms that 84% figure in mississippi by TWO percent (and assuming that support's evenly distributed), bernie gets 0 delegates straight up, though

hawk2025

The "The amount of Hillary hate" thread over on OT has broken me.

I couldn't even do this shit for more than a week, and I'm amazed that you guys can. It's utterly exhausting.

This may or may not have something to do with the fact that I've been listening to the Streets of Rage soundtrack all weekend.

Democrats aren't voting in the primaries/caucuses in large numbers, most likely due to the majority assuming the nomination has been preordained.

While we shine a whole lot of light on the differences, I would bet the vast majority of people are simply ok with either of them.

NeoXChaos

The "The amount of Hillary hate" thread over on OT has broken me.

I couldn't even do this shit for more than a week, and I'm amazed that you guys can. It's utterly exhausting.

you aint seen nothing yet. Tuesday will bring the floodgates

Or just a lot of eligible people don't vote in primaries?

Why is your state so republican for so long?

-No D elected to U.S Senate since 1932. State senate been R since 1916. State House been R for all but 3 terms in 100 years

@NateSilver538: For anti-Trump Republicans, the 15 days between Super Tuesday and Florida will be like the politics equivalent of the Cuban Missile Crisis.
The spectacle is gonna be amazing. The RNC might have to literally steal Florida from trump to ensure this isn't completely wrapped up by the 15th.

The NYT series on Libya is actually a very interesting read, I'm currently on part three.

But I don't know if anyone else will actually bother reading it.

This, while something of an attempt to shift blame, still rings a bit true.
A cynical line would begin to circulate in Washington: In Iraq, the United States had intervened and occupied — and things had gone to hell. In Libya, the United States had intervened but not occupied — and things had gone to hell. And in Syria, the United States had neither intervened nor occupied — and things had still gone to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom