• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Republicans sure are going to look stupid if they're forced to back down.
They already look entirely stupid and incompetent. Even if Trump goes on to become president, he did it while taking a runny shit on all their perceived values.

If nothing else, maybe they'll stop talking about Reagan as if it's still relevant.

Well, I meant outside of our little echo chamber this thread, where half of US voters will still end up voting for them and to anyone who didn't already think they're bumbling fools.

are we worried about trump tonight?
You. Can. Not. Stump. The. Trump.

It hasn't worked so far, why would it start now? Rubio coming up with a new "zinger" to repeat over and over is just going to piss Trump off and he's going to eviscerate him.

What they have yet to figure out is that Trump isn't even playing their game. They try to say "He likes Obamacare!" and Trump goes "Well we have to take care of people. You're doing so bad in the polls. You are no good. You are weak."

HylianTom

Banned
are we worried about trump tonight?

More of an excited kind of worried, if that makes any sense at all. This is his last potential stumbling block, and it's a longshot that anything happens to disrupt his path, so I'm eager to see him just get through it without any major incident. Even if he's boring while the other candidates don't land any major blows, that'd be fantastic.

CCS

Banned
Y'all too worried. You can't stump the Trump. He's going to come out swinging and by the end the floor will be covered in machine parts and maple syrup.

PBY

Banned
More of an excited kind of worried, if that makes any sense at all. This is his last potential stumbling block, and it's a longshot that anything happens to disrupt his path, so I'm eager to see him just get through it without any major incident. Even if he's boring while the other candidates don't land any major blows, that'd be fantastic.

Yeah a lot could happen. Its the first Jeb-less debate, so who knows what that looks like.

Trump should probably just stay above the fray, like the frontrunner he is.

Although, it's Trump. So I think he needlessly goes on the attack. It probably won't make a difference though.

A lot of people seem to have decided to vote for Trump a long time ago, and the amount of late-breaking voters seems to be dwindling and/or isn't enough for a candidate like Rubio to win anything.

CCS

Banned
Donald "I'm the best 140 character writer in the world" Trump should probably just stay above the fray, like the frontrunner he is.

Although, it's Donald "I'm the best 140 character writer in the world" Trump. So I think he needlessly goes on the attack.

I disagree. His entire campaign up until this point has been built upon constant offence, no reason to stop now.

PBY

Banned
I disagree. His entire campaign up until this point has been built upon constant offence, no reason to stop now.

I'm imagining him adding Romney to the W attacks, and the crowd is going to lose their minds.

CCS

Banned
I'm imagining him adding Romney to the W attacks, and the crowd is going to lose their minds.

"All the forces in the world are not so powerful as an idea whose time has come."

Specifically, the idea that the Republican Establishment is a big fat mess.

A lot of what he does is talk about how great he is and how great he can make America again. So, I'm not suggesting he be passive.

But he doesn't need to hit Rubio on his immigration views, or call Cruz a liar. Even though it didn't end up mattering in the end, his behaviour in the last debate started veering towards petty (even for Trump).

At this stage, he can probably just cruise control to the nomination.

PBY

Banned
"All the forces in the world are not so powerful as an idea whose time has come."

Specifically, the idea that the Republican Establishment is a big fat mess.

Highkey, his crowd-is-bought comment might be the most genius thing he's done this whole campaign. When they boo it doesn't matter, and when they cheer its the fucking enemy applauding him.

HylianTom

Banned

"Romney blew a winnable race against the Kenyan" is like catnip to GOP primary voters; they're still incredibly bitter about 2012, and will likely remain so for decades.

I'd love to see him drag that line of argument out when he goes to discredit the party machinery/leadership/experts/etc.

CCS

Banned
A lot of what he does is talk about how great he is and how great he can make America again. So, I'm not suggesting he be passive.

But he doesn't need to hit Rubio on his immigration views, or call Cruz a liar. Even though it didn't end up mattering in the end, his behaviour in the last debate started veering towards petty (even for Donald "Maybe it says he's a Muslim" Trump).

At this stage, he can probably just cruise control to the nomination.

Fair point. I don't know if he can really be damaged by being petty given his campaign so far, but I guess we'll see.

Attacking Trump from the right will backfire. Marco is playing a huge gamble tonight. However, Trump isn't an experienced prosecuter like Christie who made Rubio dance like a circus monkey at his will.

sangreal

Attacking Trump from the right will backfire. Marco is playing a huge gamble tonight. However, Trump isn't an experienced prosecuter like Christie who made Rubio dance like a circus monkey at his will.

I think Trump is great at getting under people's skin and I don't think Rubio poses a very difficult challenge but it doesn't even matter. Trump doesn't have to beat Rubio, he just has to survive him. And if all Rubio has is the leftovers in that WP article, he is done. Trump would love to talk about trade all night, like he did in the Fox Business debate.

Since I can't drink my way through this, I baked my way through it. Made some double chocolate chip cookies with dark chocolate Godiva chips. Yaassss.

NeoXChaos

This is probably going to be the best debate since the 1st Fox News and CBS debate.

Trump has never went after Rubio like he's done Jeb and Cruz.

Cerium

They're going to bloody him up pretty good I think. I'ts not going to be enough with super Tuesday around the corner though.

All indications are the following:

Rubio will be trying to destroy Cruz.
Kasich and Cruz will be trying to destroy Rubio.
Carson will be napping.
No one knows what Trump will do.

HylianTom

Banned
A common easter egg at Clinton campaign stops that take place in high school & college gyms:
Scoreboard.jpg

Carson will be napping.
Expectations are so low for Carson if he simply shows up without wearing pants on his head, he will make it out alive. And continue on with his ponzi scheme of a campaign.

XenodudeX

Carson will be napping.

Rubio, Cruz, and maybe Kasich will be trying to destroy Trump.

CNN has just informed me as HW entered the debate hall that he was a beloved political figure who was admired by both republicans and democrats.

I didn't think CNN could teach me something new.

Clefargle

While Marco Rubio is busy trying to shoot free throws, Trump will be scoring Touchdowns.

So while Rubio is trying to castle, trump will get to the other side of the board and shout: "King me"!

Alternatively in keeping with the OTs theme:

Rubio will be so busy wave dashing he won't notice that trump just used focus energy?

Gnight GAF, enjoy the debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom