• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

Start and Closing Times.

Alabama
7am to 7pm ET

Alaska Republican Caucus
3pm to 8pm Alaska Time
(7pm to 12am ET)

Arkansas
7:30am to 7:30pm CT

Colorado Democratic Caucuses
7pm MT

Georgia
7am to 7pm ET

Massachusetts
7am to 8pm ET

Minnesota Caucuses
Starts at 7pm CT

Oklahoma
7am to 7pm CT

Tennessee
7am - 7pm CT

Texas
7am to 7pm CT

Vermont
Opens between 5am and 10am depending on town
All Vermont polls closed by 7pm ET

Virginia
6am to 7pm ET

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Lol he also said that nobody in the hillbilly riviera of Florida wants to see Donald trump avow David duke. This guy is such a loser.

Amir0x

Banned
Whoa, Joe Scarborough just said that Trumps comments yesterday were disqualifying. He was pissed.

How many days is Joe gonna say that shit about Trump?

Republicans cannot believe they are seriously about to nominate Trump. It is almost amazing. That's one thing you can say about politics - you never know when that next unbelievable curveball is gonna come. Who would have thought it would be birther Trump?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Whoa, Joe Scarborough just said that Trumps comments yesterday were disqualifying. He was pissed.

Any other year they would be. Trump makes gaffes like that all the time and the angry tears just roll off his back. I mean, I bet Rick Perry wouldn't be in a rush to condemn the KKK behind closed doors. But saying that on the record..hecantkeepgettingawaywithit.gif

Y2Kev

I mean saying mexico sends us rapists is ok, saying a "Spanish" judge is biased against him is ok, saying Muslims should be banned is ok, but David duke is beyond the pale. Go take a hike, Scarborough.

Owzers

I agree with Nichole Wallace for a change, i don't know why Trump doesn't try to improve his knowledge even the slightest bit.

Man the GOP civil war is on. They really are going to run at least a semi-credible third party candidate against Trump. I figure whoever they pick can get at least 3 - 5% of the vote. Max Boot tweeted this out this morning:

I'm a lifelong Republican but Trump surge proves that every bad thing Democrats have ever said about GOP is basically true. #NeverTrump

I'm a lifelong Republican. Not only will I NEVER vote for Trump, I will NEVER vote for any Republican who supports him. #NeverTrump

Diablos

For being such a tiny state it's hilarious that the Vermont polls open between 5 and 10 am depending on your town.

Also I think this weekend was the beginning of the end for Marco.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
For being such a tiny state it's hilarious that the Vermont polls open between 5 and 10 am depending on your town.

Also I think this weekend was the beginning of the end for Marco.

I still wonder if going Trump will backfire.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I agree with Nichole Wallace for a change, i don't know why Trump doesn't try to improve his knowledge even the slightest bit.

His supporters don't care. I think his ignorance on policy might be a selling point to some people. But logistically, I don't even think he would have the time. Clinton has been in the game for decades, she doesn't really need to study for debates. A debate against her is going to be worse than the all of the 2008 Palin missteps. With Palin they tried to cram as much in her head as possible in a short period of time, but I don't think Trump even wants to put that amount of effort in.

I'd agree that it should be where he focuses, but I've been wrong about his entire campaign up until this point. I never would have imagined he would be the frontrunner into February. Heck, I thought the comments against McCain over the summer were going to push him out. Cartoon characters being the flavor of the month during primaries isn't abnormal, but this Trump thing is a whole new ball game in political science.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Joe Scarborough said:
"I mean is he really so stupid that he thinks Southerners aren’t offended by the Ku Klux Klan and David Duke?"

I really think Joe is wrong on this one. We just had a poll where 20% of South Carolinians thought slavery shouldn't have been ended.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Kind of shocked Rubio dropped to Trump's level with the namecalling. Not only that, but they aren't even good jokes. "That guy is going to turn Florida orange" and "He has small genitals, am I right?" are just lame,

Krugman's column today is really exceptionally great. A Clinton win will ensure that the US moves forward with at least a moderate program to reduce climate change, and encourage the rest of the world to follow. You're literally destroying the planet by voting for anyone else. If you run into a liberal or moderate who won't vote for Clinton because of her emails or Benghazi or anything refer them back to this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/29/o...-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

Cheebo

Banned
Kind of shocked Rubio dropped to Trump's level with the namecalling. Not only that, but they aren't even good jokes. "That guy is going to turn Florida orange" and "He has small genitals, am I right?" are just lame,
Campaign probably thinking: Well it worked for Trump. This is what the base wants. Inappropriate jokes.

The way the GOP race has played out at this point it would almost make sense that Rubio making small dick jokes would finally be the kryptononite to take down Trump.

I really think Joe is wrong on this one. We just had a poll where 20% of South Carolinians thought slavery shouldn't have been ended.

I'm pretty sure the slavery number was for national Trump supporters. A South Carolinian number alone would probably be much higher.

Plinko

Even Yahoo is doing this:

One of their headlines starts with "Rubio has momentum but trails in polls."

Where? Where is this momentum? Where is this mindset coming from? He is getting trounced nationally and is running third in many state polls.

Y2Kev

So yesterday's national poll wasn't an outlier, Trump really is surging? 68% of voters in that poll say that they will definitely support their current choice? Ouch.
People eventually coalesce behind winners. I don't believe in primary to primary momentum but we are really one day away from a critical mass saying trump is it.

Shut the duck up John Oliver. You can't wait two fucking weeks to do your annoying little "yell at fictional child asking stupid question" routine? MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Plinko

People eventually coalesce behind winners. I don't believe in primary to primary momentum but we are really one day away from a critical mass saying trump is it.

Shut the duck up John Oliver. You can't wait two fucking weeks to do your annoying little "yell at fictional child asking stupid question" routine? MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

"That liberal" John Oliver will sway approximately zero GOP voters.

PBY

Banned

Where? Where is this momentum? Where is this mindset coming from? He is getting trounced nationally and is running third in many state polls.
Lmao this is so true.

Have we seen a SINGLE data point in favor of Marcomentum? Because I have not

Rubenov

I agree. People need to get real.

Rubenov

lol I can't believe we're gonna do the 2nd place victory speech thing again

Nah it worked in Iowa and a bit in NH but we're now past that. After tomorrow it would all be a spin of how Rubio is gonna "get"(not win) delegates and ride it to the convention.

lol I can't believe we're gonna do the 2nd place victory speech thing again

He might not get 2nd place. Current polling would result in Cruz earning more delegates thanks to Texas. There's a reason this guy is talking about a brokered convention in February.

Owzers

Well he said he already disavowed him which is true and he said he misheard the question. I don't think it's a great excuse but his answer was kind of weird anyway.

It did sound like he misheard the question, i've seen the clip a few times and Trump looked confused more-so than evasive.

It did sound like he misheard the question, i've seen the clip a few times and Trump looked confused more-so than evasive.

But he said David Duke by name in his response. Once you hear the name David Duke the rest of the response is pretty easy.

Edit
Here's the actual transcript. He clearly heard David Duke and white supremacist. What else do you need?

CcYu6V3W0AA1Pxe.jpg

Gruco

Banned
Is John Olivier really going to do what the entirety of the Republican establishment has failed to do?
As others have said, Oliver is persuading exactly zero of the people who are supporting Trump.
I'm now reading /r SandersforPresident about how they're blind phone banking Massachusetts in response to the last poll that had Clinton up, and the amount of people that are saying they've upset lots of people....

Combined with reading the story Ivy just posted about superdelegates I'm wondering if a lot of the outreach of the more enthusiastic Sanders supporters this primary has had a negative impact.
This happened to Dean, as I recall. A lot of passionate bluster from kids actually dissuaded voters. Probably part of the reason Hills won SC by 50 points.

hillary's vp, who it gone be?
I agree with everyone saying Kaine. It seems like such an insanely obvious choice.

GOP in mad denial. They are desperately hoping it's not too late. Well, it's not just the GOP in denial. It's everyone who refuses to acknowledge what the GOP actually is at this point.

Tomorrow is not going to be a surprising day. Democratic coronation continues while GOP burns to the fucking ground.

Kasich is right about one thing:
If you can't even win your home State, you should drop out (cause losing Ohio means he is out)

Cruz has better shot at winning his home State than Rubio

HylianTom

Banned
49%? Wow.

If this is confirmed by other polling, that's a bigger post-NV bump than I thought. I thought he'd be approaching 50% after Super Tuesday..

Tomorrow is not going to be a surprising day. Democratic coronation continues while GOP burns to the fucking ground.
I'm trying to imagine a better outcome for the Dems. Everything seems to be lining-up perfectly. Kinda makes me queasy, like in bad movies where the protagonist says, "gee.. It sure is quiet here. Almost.. too quiet.."

Effect

I like to think that embracing the KKK is a step to far for at least some on the right. It's one of those things where if you yourself are okay with it it makes you appear to embrace them as well.

Y2Kev

Hey, moderates are coming to power in Iran. I believe the Iran deal will truly be a great boon to Obama's legacy.

Gruco

Banned
Iran elections are wonderful, wonderful results. A lot of politicians are still stuck in a 70s mindset with Iran and Cuba. Reconciliation with those two countres is a really big deal, and two among many reasons why we should be happy to have Obama as president.

In all seriousness, people who are opposing the Iran deal are idiots. One of the most optimistic moments for the future of US-Iran relations, right now.

thefro

Hey, moderates are coming to power in Iran. I believe the Iran deal will truly be a great boon to Obama's legacy.

I think the big deal is the moderates took the Assembly of Experts given that Khamenei is in poor health. If there's a reformist/moderate "supreme leader" you could see some massive changes to the whole country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom