• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Trump says he already disavowed Duke and he couldn't hear them during the Tapper interview.

"I'm sitting in a house in Florida with a very bad earpiece that they gave me, and you could hardly hear what he was saying. But what I heard was various groups, and I don't mind disavowing anybody, and I disavowed David Duke and I disavowed him the day before at a major news conference, which is surprising because he was at the major news conference, CNN was at the major news conference, and they heard me very easily disavow David Duke," the Republican presidential frontrunner explained on NBC's "Today."

He disavowed during his Christie endorsement, I remember.

Yes, his earpiece was so bad that he kept repeating David Duke's name over and over.

That John Oliver piece was amazing. If it doesn't sway Republicans, so be it, but anything that appeals to young people on the left to go out and vote against Trump is just as good.

No, that Trump is beating Hillary.

I think it's probably that Long Island poll that shows Trump ahead of Hillary there. There was a poll from 2012 that had Rmoney winning there too. No way NY swings that far. We have too many votes in NYC banked in.

what makes him think he's winning CO?

I think they're just hoping because it's a caucus. And since Bernie supposedly has more enthusiasm (except for when it actually comes to voting...) he should do better there. It's closed, though.

Teggy

I actually believe the Donald here, because he flatly disavowed him the day before.

I keep repeating this - he basically responded like a little child to the question when he "disavowed". It didn't sound remotely honest.

He then said he didn't know who David Duke was multiple times in this interview.

PBY

Banned
I keep repeating this - he basically responded like a little child to the question when he "disavowed". It didn't sound remotely honest.

He then said he didn't know who David Duke was multiple times in this interview.

I saw him do it, yeah I agree. I mean, I don't think he's being honest about it either in the sense that he obvs wants to dog whistle, but I also don't think he has any issues being straightforward about it when pressed.

@KimberlyRobinsn
Thomas asked several questions today at #SCOTUS in gun rights case

oqJMEas.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yes, his earpiece was so bad that he kept repeating David Duke's name over and over.

That John Oliver piece was amazing. If it doesn't sway Republicans, so be it, but anything that appeals to young people on the left to go out and vote against Trump is just as good.

If he actually wanted it to sway general election voters, he shouldn't have done it over 8 months before the election.

Holmes

I want to see O'Donnell in a puddle tomorrow night.

In other news, I am refusing to diablos about this New York poll story for the time being. It reads like total junk.
"She was up 35% five months ago and only won by 5%. Sanders wins!"

Massachusetts Republicans sure love an asshole:

New #WBZ/UMass Amherst poll has #Trump up 32 points in #Massachusetts. Clinton leads #Sanders by 3. Details at noon on #WBZ.

NeoXChaos

b-dubs from my research I believe the weekend caucuses on the D side work like CO and MN where they have a preference poll(popular vote) that is reported to the media but still do the usual caucus stuff with 15% thresholds to elect delegates for their county and state conventions later.

Seriously though, why do the Neocons want a war with Iran instead of North Korea or some other nation anyway? There are plenty of nations that we could invade, but they always come back to Iran.

Grief.exe

Opinion piece in the times today detailing the various GOP candidates' plans for the military budget.

Rubio wants to raise spending by $1 trillion over 10 years.
Cruz wants to raise spending $2.5 trillion over 8 years.
Trump has said, "I'm going to make the military huge. It's going to be the best military you've ever seen, believe me."

The military is already roughly half of our discretionary budget, and these guys want to raise spending by trillions, on top of ~10 trillion in tax cuts...

Opinion piece in the times today detailing the various GOP candidates' plans for the military budget.

Rubio wants to raise spending by $1 trillion over 10 years.
Cruz wants to raise spending $2.5 trillion over 8 years.
Trump has said, "I'm going to make the military huge. It's going to be the best military you've ever seen, believe me."

The military is already roughly half of our discretionary budget, and these guys want to raise spending by trillions, on top of ~10 trillion in tax cuts...

Spoilers: Marco Rubio (also proposing a balanced budget amendment) is a conman.

Holmes

Maddow, O'Donnell: "Sanders lost South Carolina big but only Massachusetts matters."

*Massachusetts polls release with Clinton winning*

Maddow, O'Donnell: "jk"

I've been thinking, what is the least awful way for the GOP to handle the Trump nomination? A third party run could end in disaster if Trump hilariously wins more votes than the chosen establishment candidate. I feel like letting Trump run but not giving widespread party support/acceptance is probably the right choice.

Makai

I've been thinking, what is the least awful way for the GOP to handle the Trump nomination? A third party run could end in disaster if Trump hilariously wins more votes than the chosen establishment candidate. I feel like letting Trump run but not giving widespread party support/acceptance is probably the right choice.
Spend all party funds on down-ticket races. Endorse Trump as the not-Hillary candidate.

NeoXChaos

She's going to do it guys. Hold your pants for 6 EST. +TX

ECPS ‏@EmersonPolling 3h3 hours ago
New #Massachusetts #Democratic Primary Poll:
Shows @HillaryClinton winning 8/9 congressional districts

ECPS ‏@EmersonPolling 27m27 minutes ago
Full results to our #Massachusetts and #Texas Presidential Primary Polls to be reveled at 6 p.m./ET

ECPS ‏@EmersonPolling 4h4 hours ago
New #Massachusetts #Republican Presidential Primary Poll:
Shows @realDonaldTrump winning 9/9 congressional districts

TIggy I think you will hand her the nomination on a silver platter tomorrow. Don't let us down up there.

Really though, it's impressive how conservative media has cried that the mainstream media is unfair to Rubio when there's been three news sites that have pointed out that Rubio wants to start a war with every country on earth and has proposed a literally impossible tax and spending plan.

Some risk that Rubio and Cruz don't clear the threshold in Alabama tomorrow which would give Trump all 50 delegates from Alabama:

http://www.monmouth.edu/assets/0/32...1087/493ca395-91a3-466e-83f0-8c006dbfaa1e.pdf

Trump also crushes Rubio and Cruz with evangelicals in Alabama despite the fact that Rubio and Cruz are religious fanatics and Trump hasn't opened a Bible in his life.

Owzers

lmao at these conservative twitter dudes trying to make #banktrumpt a thing

Good luck.

part of why i want Trump to win the nomination is how desperate conservatives are getting, i don't want to see their desperation rewarded. That and i really dislike Cruz and Rubio...

...a Republican better not get the presidency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom