• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

Democrats
Alabama: Clinton
American Samoa: Clinton
Arkansas: Clinton
Colorado: Clinton
Georgia: Clinton
Massachusetts: Clinton
Minnesota: Sanders
Oklahoma: Clinton
Tennessee: Clinton
Texas: Clinton
Vermont: Sanders
Virginia: Clinton

Republicans
Alabama: Trump
Alaska: Trump
Arkansas: Trump
Georgia: Trump
Massachusetts: Trump
Minnesota: Trump
Oklahoma: Trump
Tennessee: Trump
Texas: Cruz
Vermont: Trump
Virginia: Trump

Armaros

Maybe a little presumptuous, but when can we filling in cabinet positions/VP? When the opponents concede?

No one is going to publicly talk about cabinet positions until a sure victory (aka after November), no point in making your self or the candidate even more of a target.

NeoXChaos

I thought Sanders was a shoe in for Mass too, what happened?

CcbKrgcW4AA9yha.jpg

Kyosaiga

Banned
The revolution got delayed.

No, there was only 1 pol that ever showed Bernie ahead there. The last 5 showed the Queen ahead, one showed a tie.

and the momentum is gonna swing her way after Tuesday.

Hehe,

Man I hope Sanders stays in until March 15.

HylianTom

Banned
It's Politico, but it's about the effort to stop Trump within the GOP.

There was even a conference call of the Republican Governors Association where Trump was discussed.

Trump closes in on Super Tuesday romp

One key passage:
With Rubio likely to be blown out on Tuesday, his allies are latching on to the notion that he could still keep Trump from amassing a majority of delegates and then win over party insiders at the convention in Cleveland, securing the nomination at the 11th hour.

“There is a very narrow way forward,” conceded Mel Martinez, a former Republican National Committee chairman and past Florida senator who endorsed Rubio on Monday.

But, Martinez said, there was hope. A majority of the party, he argued, found Trump “increasingly unpalatable,” and they would resist him.

“How that manifests itself I don’t know, but I believe there is a sense by many, myself included, that he just cannot be the nominee,” he said. “So a convention scenario could begin to develop.”

The GOP doing down this path just.. excites me.

tumblr_m17e6vZXEG1r1ult6o1_500.gif

docbon

Say what you will about bernie's organization, but I hope future campaigns take advantage of this method of crowdfunding. Whew.

ivysaur12

Banned
The hope for Trump is that people will just start not liking him?

LOL WHAT. HOW IS THAT YOUR PLAN THE DAY BEFORE SUPER TUESDAY.

I think I am flipping a coin on who I may vote for tomorrow in VA Primary. anyone else know who they are voting for?

I feel like I missed an era by not being around when PD was around. I kinda want folks to tell me PD stories or something, lol.

I know this is old, but I finally got back to my computer to find this post. Point of reference being Detroit dropped a game to Seattle under controversial circumstances.

This is the best thing PD ever made in the time I have been posting here.

danm999

I've got no idea what will happen in Minnesota. He did lead in a Monmouth poll in OK though a week ago so I'd say that might be his best shot outside Vermont?

Hillary is going to Minnesota tomorrow before the caucus. If I wanted to read tea leaves, I'd think that meant she wanted to shore up some support. Not sure if that's wishful thinking, or if they just decided that of the caucuses that was the best place to put her.

Slayven

So what is the GOP going to do, Trump gets the nomination but they only half heartily support him? Or do they run another guy?

What is going on?

For an organization that pride itself on punch card efficiency in their workings, they seem to be in shambles.

Where is Rove and Gingrich?

There was even a conference call of the Republican Governors Association where Trump was discussed.

One key passage:

God, Please.. Please.

So what is the GOP going to do, Trump gets the nomination but they only half heartily support him? Or do they run another guy?

What is going on?

For an organization that pride itself on punch card efficiency in their workings, they seem to be in shambles.

Where is Rove and Gingrich?

Leading from behind, I am sure.

One key passage:

A few Bush backers are throwing their support elsewhere. In a telephone interview on Monday, Doug Ose, a wealthy former Republican member of Congress who fundraised for Bush, said he was endorsing Trump. Ose, who represented California’s Central Valley for three terms and hails from the mainstream wing of the GOP, said he viewed Trump as a problem solver and that he’d been turned off by what he described as the increasingly negative tone of Rubio’s campaign.

“I actually think Senator Rubio 10 years from now is going to be our guy,” the former congressman said. “I hope he doesn’t do damage to himself.”
This is rich.

I'll play;

Democrats
Alabama: Clinton
American Samoa: Clinton
Arkansas: Clinton
Colorado: Sanders
Georgia: Clinton
Massachusetts: Sanders
Minnesota: Sanders
Oklahoma: Sanders
Tennessee: Clinton
Texas: Clinton
Vermont: Sanders
Virginia: Clinton

I'm remaining optimistic.

Republicans
Alabama: Trump
Alaska: Trump
Arkansas: Trump
Georgia: Rubio
Massachusetts: Trump
Minnesota: Trump
Oklahoma: Trump
Tennessee: Trump
Texas: Cruz
Vermont: Trump
Virginia: Trump

I threw one at random to Rubio because I feel bad for him at this point. I see a lot of 2nd place finishes for him tomorrow.

If Rubio takes any state it would be Minnesota, a caucus state where there's been basically no polling. We know nothing about Alaska either, but that's not demographically friendly to Rubio. None of the other states have Rubio within striking distance.

FiggyCal

Banned
If Rubio takes any state it would be Minnesota, a caucus state where there's been basically no polling. We know nothing about Alaska either, but that's not demographically friendly to Rubio. None of the other states have Rubio within striking distance.

Right. But I think Cruz and Trump can just as easily win Minnesota. Rubio has to win it because he's losing everywhere else and needs to actually start winning something, but that doesn't mean he's more likely to win it than the other two.

Right. But I think Cruz and Trump can just as easily win Minnesota. Rubio has to win it because he's losing everywhere else and needs to actually start winning something, but that doesn't mean he's more likely to win it than the other two.

He may very well lose it, it's just the state he has the best chance of winning. He's down big in Georgia and Virginia. Hell, he might be down a lot in Minnesota too but we just don't have any polls.

FiggyCal

Banned
Also I'm a big dummy. I actually made 6 dollars profit on Predictit on 20 dollars first starting out and then I went in put all my money on extremely risky places... ugh. I'm the worst.

I'm really scared to put more money on there cause I only get paid minimum wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom