• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not explain the difference between policing between poor white neighborhoods and poor minority ones.

Because if Police was policing poor white neighborhoods anything like they do for black ones, people would have brought up examples to say its not racism that is causing it.

True. It's not a solution, but less policing of poorer neighborhoods would reduce the amount of run in with cops overall. I'm not saying the economics are the solution, but they are a part of it. Reducing class issues should help.

Please tell me you are joking.

Please tell me you'll put more thought into the next post than this one.

Armaros

I didn't argue it mirrors her. I argued that it's nowhere near the complete domination that you've consistently argued that it is.

If it doesn't mirror her domination.

And the youth vote is the smallest.

And she did dominated in the largest voting age group.

Then you cant say she didn't win overall among minorities.

I specifically referred to the youth vote among AAs. And even with hispanics, Bernie is far closer than the trouncing some here are touting.

I am referring to the actual voting numbers. I am not arguing that he didn't lose in SC. I am arguing that subsets of specific AA and other racial minority votes are being dismissed in this argumentation.
I find insult in things that are insulting. I have noticed the poster I was responding to in particular has consistently been dismissive of whatever subsets of minority who do lean more to Bernie/contest with Hillary numbers making it nowhere near as much of a bloodbath as is suggested.

To try to ignore the youth vote and other minorities votes (like the Hispanic vote) just reads as wilful dismissal of whatever doesn't fall into your prescribed view to me.

It is a blood bath.

In SC, the total numbers among AA voters were 86/14. That is a blood bath. That's more than 70 points. Among AA women it was even worse, if you can imagine. Among older AA voters it was even more of a blood bath. There is a reason Bernie is not in any state that has a sizable minority population. It's not because he thinks he's "this close" from cracking through.

As to the Latino vote, we don't have good numbers on that. We'll have them after tonight. Those entrance polls from NV were no where near accurate. They don't make sense. We have polling that shows Hillary leading among Latino voters, though.

CcfVtZpUcAAzHpD.jpg

LOLOLOL

Also, this thread is moving so fast now...

Krowley

Straight white male. Gen-X.

Voted for Bernie today in the hills of North GA, right on the TN border. My whole family, and pretty much everybody I associate with were also feeling the bern today.

Turnout didn't seem very high, about the same as always, but this is a sleepy little district. Most of the voters I saw were white senior citizens, probably casting republican ballots.

Ekai

If it doesn't mirror her domination.

And the youth vote is the smallest.

And she did dominated in the largest voting age group.

Then you cant say she didn't win overall among minorities.

I literally never said she didn't win overall.

Zeke

Just finished voting here in Texas. Voted for Bernie in the primary and I'll vote hildawg in the general. Saw lots of trump signs literally like five or six lined up all nice and neat at different locations. I have a question for poligaf when I voted for the first time the guy working the polling station marked my party affiliation as republican. I want change my affiliation but I'm not sure how. I asked one of the workers at my polling station but she seemed befuddled so I'm asking you for help poligaf.

Cheebo

Banned
Just finished voting here in Texas. Voted for Bernie in the primary and I'll vote hildawg in the general. Saw lots of trump signs literally like five or six lined up all nice and neat at different locations. I have a question for poligaf when I voted for the first time the guy working the polling station marked my party affiliation as republican. I want change my affiliation but I'm not sure how. I asked one of the workers at my polling station but she seemed befuddled so I'm asking you for help poligaf.

Should have voted in the GOP one! You can have an impact on that race still unlike the Dem race. It's what I typically do.

In the 2008 Michigan primary I voted in the Republican one for Huckabee. In 2012 I voted Santorum. And this year I plan to vote for Trump.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

You might need to re-register to vote. I'd call up the voter registration office and check.

Krowley

My whole town is crawling with Trump signs.

Crocodile

This country went to war with itself over the issue of race. The political parties reconfigured themselves due to the subject of race. Minorities are in a worse state financially and class-wise specifically due to policies that were either explicitly racist or because normal policies were enacted and enforced by those who were racist. Race is the defining aspect of American politics and history.

Race >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Class

I am referring to the actual voting numbers. I am not arguing that he didn't lose in SC. I am arguing that subsets of specific AA and other racial minority votes are being dismissed in this argumentation.
I find insult in things that are insulting. I have noticed the poster I was responding to in particular has consistently been dismissive of whatever subsets of minority who do lean more to Bernie/contest with Hillary numbers making it nowhere near as much of a bloodbath as is suggested.

"Overall, Black voters aren't voting for Bernie" is an objectively factual statement. Akin to water is wet or fire is hot. It doesn't need qualifying and it is not dismissive of Black voters who voted for Bernie. It just straight up isn't. If everyone needs every statement discussing trends/groups to include a #notall______ qualifier, we might as well end all discussion. It's fine it you want to dissect voting trends into pieces but when discussing the larger group, which is what was being done, nothing wrong was done. Just take the L.

Cat

TPlease tell me you'll put more thought into the next post than this one.

I am taking that as a no, you are not joking. I suggest reading up on media by actual Black people to see what their concerns are. One example would be that being shot and killed by police is actually a problem with the police shooting and killing people. Not being poor (example, Sandra Bland) does nothing to fix that. The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander is informative about mass incarceration that Black people deal with in this country and shows that the problems extend across many planes of power, which again, is not fixed by economics.

Should have voted in the GOP one! You can have an impact on that race still unlike the Dem race. It's what I typically do.

In the 2008 Michigan primary I voted in the Republican one for Huckabee and this year I plan to vote for Trump.
Texas is on Cruz Control yall.

Cheebo

Banned
Also the joys of being a registered Republican purely to fuck up their primaries is I am on all kinds of awful Republican mailing lists it seems. I am always getting letters begging me to donate to the RNC and local Republican candidates.

Its fascinating how we ended up with:

Trump winning the nomination by not giving a shit about minority voters.
Bernie losing the nomination by not giving a shit about minority voters.

I do wonder sometimes if Bernie should have caucused with the Republican party instead. Remember, he's an independent who chose to caucus with the Democrats.

If he had run for the GOP nomination, and pandered more to the white vote (which is clearly his strength), in such a divided field, he might have done really well.

I'll be around when the polls close at 7pm but won't be around at 7:45-11:00 as I'll be playing ball now that my stitches are out.

Should be fun to come back to see all the results, though.

I'd love to see Rubio shut out of some states by missing the thresholds. What if someone of his voters go to Carson because of his dick jokes!?

Todd ZwillichVerified account
‏@toddzwillich Todd Zwillich Retweeted Ryan Grim
AUDIO: Sen Mike Rounds says even if Trump meant it on the KKK, he's better than a Democrat.

"Well, white supremacy is bad, I guess or whatever, but Hillary Clinton won't cut taxes that much and she has a vagina so I'll definitely have to still vote for Trump even if he's a Grand Wizard."

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I do wonder sometimes if Bernie should have caucused with the Republican party instead. Remember, he's an independent who chose to caucus with the Democrats.

If he had run for the GOP nomination, and pandered more to the white vote (which is clearly his strength), in such a divided field, he might have done really well.

I don't mean to be confrontational... but... yeah... In what world does Bernie have anything in common with the GOP? Him being lousy at race relations doesn't make him right wing all of a sudden.

This is a joke. This has to be a joke...

when asked about Rubio getting nasty back at trump.

Sean Duffy.. Rubio is happy and having fun when he hits back at trump.

followed by GOP talking points

Diablos

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2016/...forget-that-supreme-court-seat_n_9357164.html

We will reiterate that the American people will have a voice in the vacancy on the Supreme Court as they choose the next president, who in turn will nominate the next Supreme Court justice," McConnell said on the Senate floor.

“In other words, we will observe the ‘Biden Rule,’" he said, referring to a speech that the current vice president gave in 1992 in which he floated the idea of blocking a hypothetical nominee in President George H.W. Bush's final year.
Fuck you, Mitch McConnell. Fuck. You.

User1608

Banned

No. His views do not come anywhere near the GOP's. He would never go them. Considering your past statements, I really shouldn't be surprised.:/

Tesseract

Banned

oh come on, we're either in this together or we're not

and bernie is reaching out to minorities, people need to cut that shit out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom