• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Biden rule" what the hell. Republicans should watch the entire video and not the two minutes shared on Facebook. A vacancy from a death is a little different than someone stepping down anyway.

btBKZvp.png

IT BEGINS

I should've put down more money. I'm sitting at $200 profit right now, but still. I get super jealous every time you brag post about your earnings.

Fuchsdh

I do wonder sometimes if Bernie should have caucused with the Republican party instead. Remember, he's an independent who chose to caucus with the Democrats.

If he had run for the GOP nomination, and pandered more to the white vote (which is clearly his strength), in such a divided field, he might have done really well.

Yep. People are going ape over Trump and Bernie because they're populists more than their actual ideology (witness the number of people who are fine with health care when it's Trump talking about it.)

I do wonder sometimes if Bernie should have caucused with the Republican party instead. Remember, he's an independent who chose to caucus with the Democrats.

If he had run for the GOP nomination, and pandered more to the white vote (which is clearly his strength), in such a divided field, he might have done really well.

I mean... I love ya vicis, but yikes...

Just yikes...

I am taking that as a no, you are not joking. I suggest reading up on media by actual Black people to see what their concerns are. One example would be that being shot and killed by police is actually a problem with the police shooting and killing people. Not being poor (example, Sandra Bland) does nothing to fix that. The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander is informative about mass incarceration that Black people deal with in this country and shows that the problems extend across many planes of power, which again, is not fixed by economics.

I said, overall police patrolling would go down, and hence overall numbers would decrese. I didn't say it was THE SOLUTION top stop police shootings. Just that it would help. Most of the cops in my neighborhood were nothing more than traffic cops who patrolled high school campus parking lots giving tinted window tickets out.

I've also read up on the mass incarceration of black people. Which is definitely tainted by economics. Why would a black person sell drugs if they didn't need the money?! Once they get popped selling they lose their ability to get school loans. Also economics. They also lose their ability for low income housing I believe. Which is also economics. Which creates a cycle.

Please continue to educate me.

Diablos

Relax. At the end of the day, the optics won't play.
We are beyond that. He's made it clear he doesn't care about optics. He knows if Hillary wins that his party will lose control of the Senate anyway. He basically is saying that he has nothing left to lose so he's hoping for his party to pull out a win in November.

Bless this kids heart for supporting Bernie. He's going to give the speech to win supporters, and he's going to just use "Millionaires" and "Billionaires."

He was totes adorable, though.

Give me whatever the fuck you're smoking RIGHT NOW!

NeoXChaos

The winners for our game are not final until Trump officially clinches the nomination. Too early to say that with safe confidence but its looking likely.

Cerium

Louis Farrakhan praises Donald Trump

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan praised Republican front-runner Donald Trump for refusing donations from Jewish groups.

Trump “is the only member who has stood in front of the Jewish community and said 'I don’t want your money,'” Farrakhan said in a sermon he delivered this week. “Any time a man can say to those who control the politics of America, ‘I don’t want your money,’ that means you can’t control me. And they can’t afford to give up control of the presidents of the United States.”

NeoXChaos

Does he want to maybe have another go at that?

yeah courtesy of Nate Cohn and Harry Enten:

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 20m20 minutes ago Brooklyn, NY
Nate Cohn Retweeted Michael Moore
Shorter Michael Moore: ignore the southern black voters that the modern Democratic Party all but exists to help

Harry Enten ‏@ForecasterEnten 24m24 minutes ago
@stevesingiser It is unbelievable to me the amount of disrespect some white liberals have for African-American voters in the south.

There's some absolutely incredible mental gymnastics coming from the Republican party over Trump.

I kinda respect McConnell's approach compared to some of these other idiots. Pretty sure after three whiskey Mitch would tell you that they'd been playing with white nationalist fire for decades and now are getting burned. Watching the fireworks after he kicks Trump to the curb will be delightful.

Wilsongt

What?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...rats-switch-parties-before-super-tuesday.html

Thousands of Massachusetts Democrats have denounced their party affiliations since January 1 to jump across the aisle and join the ranks of Independent or Republicans.

Nearly 20,000 Bay State Democrats, or 1.3 percent of the party's Masachussetts population, left to vote in the Republican primary Tuesday. More than 16,300 of that group have "unenrolled" or become Independent voters, while 3,500 have joined the GOP.

Mass. Secretary of State William Glavin attributed the switches to the "Trump phenomenon." The billionaire candidate has a significant lead over fellow top contenders Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz in recent state polls.

"The tenor of the Republican campaign has been completely different from what we've seen in prior Republican presidential campaigns," Galvin said. "You have to look no farther than the viewership for some of the televised debates.

Oh. A GOP-leaning publication.

FiggyCal

Banned

What the flying fuck? The Nation of Islam is talking up Trump?

IsThisRealLife.jpg

Farrakhan Supports Trump On Muslim Immigration

In a little-noticed interview with radio talk show host Alex Jones, Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan praised Donald Trump for an unwillingness to be bought like most politicians and sympathized with his proposal to bar Muslim immigrants.

Farrakhan suggested keeping them out of this country is prudent given all the anti-American hatred that U.S. foreign policy fomented in the Middle East.

“So when Mr. Trump said, ‘We can’t allow these Muslim refugees into America,’ a lot of people were upset with him but I know, sir, the hatred for America in the Muslim World is building as we told Mr. Bush: No Muslim leader could call for jihad and have it stick,” Farrakhan told Jones in 90 minute interview for his radio show posted online on Wednesday. “No Muslim leader had the power to unite the whole Muslim World. I said, ‘But America’s policies will unite those people against the West’and it is happening.”

“So in this way, Mr. Trump I think is wise to [vet] anyone coming from that area into America because the hatred for America is in the streets now. So if those people are refugees and America feels ‘I got to let 10,000 of them in,’ because America created the problem. Now, if you let them in and you don’t [vet] them carefully, you might be letting in your own destruction.”

NeoXChaos

I bet they'll change their tune when Sanders loses Massachusetts while winning Oklahoma.

nate cohn did wonder if OK will be the case despite the close numbers. He basically said Sanders did not win southern IA or the Appalachian counties in northern SC. Those give signs to his strength for places like OK and WV. Yes the polls say he's doing well but the votes we've gone through say otherwise.

Nate CohnUpshot Correspondent
2:52 PM ET

todo.modovan, I think that's a very important question. The polls say 'yes.' He's doing well in West Virginia polls and he seems to be competitive in Oklahoma. On the other hand, he didn't win relatively white counties in South Carolina or culturally southern counties in southern Iowa. We won't have to wait long for the answer: we'll get a really good clue from the western counties of Virginia, which are right along the West Virginia border, in just a few few hours.

VA closes at 7 EST.

It's no thang, really. I think something like 6000 GOP voters switched to the Dem side. It's about fuckary, and nothing more.

I bet they'll change their tune when Sanders loses Massachusetts while winning Oklahoma.

The people in Oklahoma are smart, though. Not full of a bunch of blah people who don't understand what's best for them. Plus, Oklahoma has internet! People there can google.

ivysaur12

Banned
Fuck Michael Moore and that tweet. Fuck him so much.

I don't know what I'm going to do for the next 3 hours. CHAT GOES UP AT 3:30PM PST/6:30PM EST

Teggy

Hey guys, did you know that Hillary Clinton lacks the strength and stamina to be president?

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? I've heard him say this so many times and I still can't figure it out. I assume it's code for something? She's old? Is bad in bed?

It's also so easy to counter - ad with Hillary sitting for 13 hours in front of congress, Trump running away from Megan Kelly.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hey guys, did you know that Hillary Clinton lacks the strength and stamina to be president?

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? I've heard him say this so many times and I still can't figure it out. I assume it's code for something? She's old? Is bad in bed?

It's also so easy to counter - ad with Hillary sitting for 13 hours in front of congress, Trump running away from Megan Kelly.

Trump can get away with saying that because she's not there to respond. If he tried that shit in a debate she'd bring out exactly what you said she would.

Cat

I said, overall police patrolling would go down, and hence overall numbers would decrese. I didn't say it was THE SOLUTION top stop police shootings. Just that it would help. Most of the cops in my neighborhood were nothing more than traffic cops who patrolled high school campus parking lots giving tinted window tickets out.

I've also read up on the mass incarceration of black people. Which is definitely tainted by economics. Why would a black person sell drugs if they didn't need the money?! Once they get popped selling they lose their ability to get school loans. Also economics. They also lose their ability for low income housing I believe. Which is also economics. Which creates a cycle.

Please continue to educate me.

The problem isn't that they are selling drugs to make money. That's becoming increasingly legal and acceptable in some states. The problem is arresting/imprisoning Black people in the first place for doing so at all and the disproportionate rate at which we do it. These things about losing school loans and housing, that's all tied into the mass incarceration, a result of racism. And you address that by addressing racism. We can, and should, address economics and increasing wealth inequality, but doing so isn't going to solve the problem with systemic racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom