• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wound up tighter than the girdle on a Baptist minster's wife at an all you can eat pancake breakfast.

giphy.gif

shem935

Banned
You gotta source this stuff, Neo. Same with pictures of text from twitter. It'd be really helpful.

Here's a really great chart from MA that shows early voter numbers and how much they correlate to the GE. For instance, you'd have that MA would be close in 2000 given that Republican votes surged and Dems fell compared to '92. Instead Gore won by 15+

Cce85fwXIAAuBAP.jpg

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
It's a smokescreen. If you're not going to go after someone for what they said, then go after them for something you think they said. It's almost Benghazi/email-level. Very sad.
No it's not. You're allowing your bias to ignore that money in politics is an important issue and that she does have a relationship with Wall Street. I'm fairly certain there's evidence to help alleviate this accusation, but she has chosen to address it. It comes off as arrogant, a quality I strongly dislike.

Comparing it to Benghazi is a deflection. Benghazi has been proven multiple times (too many) to have been no fault of her own. In regards to the emails, she has admitted it was a mistake to use private servers. My only concern ever was if the server was less secure than what the government provided. That would have been poor judgement.

Gruco

Banned
I've been getting a lot of pressure from my Republican friends to vote against Trump in the Michigan Republican primary next week. I'm pretty sure I'd rather just vote against Bernie to expedite his loss, but I suppose there is an argument that pushing the GOP towards a convention fight is in the best interest of the Democrats. Kind of pondering on the suggestion.

PBY

Banned
I've been getting a lot of pressure from my Republican friends to vote against Trump in the Michigan Republican primary next week. I'm pretty sure I'd rather just vote against Bernie to expedite his loss, but I suppose there is an argument that pushing the GOP towards a convention fight is in the best interest of the Democrats. Kind of pondering on the suggestion.

?

Vote Trump, profit. Why do you think they're pressuring you lol.

24/male/straight/white. Voting Bernie because I prefer his policies - however for the sake of winning I'd much rather see Hillary making it to the ballot in November. Just prioritizing my conscience although I don't find much objectionable about Hillary.

Drinking water. I rarely drink alcohol. Will probably be playing Pokemon Yellow.

Hammer24

Banned
Five Thirty Eight broke down what they believe Republicans and Democrats need to remain competitive:

Trump: 225/595 38%
Rubio: 203/595 34%
Cruz: 302/595 51%

Cruz is doomed.

Hillary: 453/812 56%
Bernie: 412/812 51%

It's odd to think Hillary and Trump need more delegates when they're winning, but we all know demographics matter. For example, people were saying Cruz's loss of South Carolina was a huge blow because his strongest demographics are Evangelical Christians and the very conservative.

I guess as the frontrunner you're doomed to be successfull, else you'd be Seen as folding.

No it's not. You're allowing your bias to ignore that money in politics is an important issue and that she does have a relationship with Wall Street. I'm fairly certain there's evidence to help alleviate this accusation, but she has chosen to address it. It comes off as arrogant, a quality I strongly dislike.

Comparing it to Benghazi is a deflection. Benghazi has been proven multiple times (too many) to have been no fault of her own. In regards to the emails, she has admitted it was a mistake to use private servers. My only concern ever was if the server was less secure than what the government provided. That would have been poor judgement.

There's a very simple reason that she's not releasing the transcripts. There is essentially no way int he world it helps her at all. There's only the potential to hurt. The people for whom this is an issue are not voting for her in the primary anyway. She's the front runner, and you don't do anything that can give your opponent a teaspoon of shit to use against you.

Tesseract

Banned
The class and race issues are inseparable, like language and logic. Don't see how any wallstreet Democrat can fight for these things.

Hillary has become shame with this primary, the GE will be even worse

Whoops, think I just double posted

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The class and race issues are inseparable, like language and logic. Don't see how any wallstreet Democrat can fight for these things.

Are you just posting this everywhere?

Also, I fail to see how addressing class issues will help black people not get shot by cops.

ivysaur12

Banned

Here's the thing: They are.

Brinbe

Straight Asian (Filipino) male for Hillary! Born in 86.

I pretty much loathed the Clintons back in 08 and was the biggest Bams stan around (pretty much still am) dating back to his DNC speech in 04. And that primary was about a billion times more divisive than this was. But I grew to respect her quite a bit after she became SoS and I think that defeat made her a much better politician/person/candidate. She's easily the most prepared to be POTUS out of any candidate in either party and would be an amazing President.

Armaros

The people that experience the racial issues are saying otherwise.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
There's a very simple reason that she's not releasing the transcripts. There is essentially no way int he world it helps her at all. There's only the potential to hurt. The people for whom this is an issue are not voting for her in the primary anyway. She's the front runner, and you don't do anything that can give your opponent a teaspoon of shit to use against you.
You're right. I'm sure other people disagree with me, but while it may not be arrogant, it comes across as it. Well, maybe more so for the other comments like 9/11 and telling Wall Street to "cut it out".

My mom is talking to my aunt

Mom: Oh, Adam is yes queening all over the house.

: silence :

Mom: Oh, I don't know. It's a gay thing, and Hillary is their queen.

Mom: Ya, I thought it was Cher too.

royalan

Thinking this is exactly what cost Bernie the black vote.

CCS

Banned

I love your mum so much.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

If you don't write a memoir of your life with your mom then I will. That shit is just funny.

This is straight out of a 90's sitcom. Add in applause!

NeoXChaos

Nate Cohn:

davdhoward321, as you said, I think it's tough to read too much into the early general election polls. Sanders simply hasn't had to face the sort of attacks that he'll face in the general, and as I said earlier, the attacks write themselves. He honeymooned in the Soviet Union. How much of an effect those attacks will have is impossible to say, but it's hard to give much weight to polls that don't take that potential into account. Just ask Michael Dukakis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom