• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas is not overtly racist? News to me.

I mean this is coming from a white guy, but compared to Louisiana or even Southern Virginia, not- East Texas has seemed to have less racial tension to me. Like a I said before, in the deep south there was a tension between blacks and whites that you could just feel. And again, we never had any of the wacky immigration crackdowns you saw elsewhere.

I'm wondering if people are misreading the large numbers of voters who decided in the last week.

Sure, those the late breakers went for Rubio before, due to being rational about their choice given data in front of them...but this is not the case now. It's been a 3 man race for a couple weeks. There's largely a "bandwagon effect" for Trump at play is my guess. Rubio may still win late deciders but not by as much.

We'll see, of course.

Also, RIP GOP: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news.../?postshare=9881456873347492&tid=ss_tw-bottom

If anything that hurt him because in the last few days the only Rubio news was him getting roasted by Trump and Christie. Who is going to vote for a puddle of sweat?

My gut says the last few days hurt him and there's no sign of Marcomentum in the polls. On the other hand, he has done well with late deciders before. I'll be very interested to see how the late deciding vote breaks down by candidate this time.

I'm wondering if people are misreading the large numbers of voters who decided in the last week.

Sure, those the late breakers went for Rubio before, due to being rational about their choice given data in front of them...but this is not the case now. It's been a 3 man race for a couple weeks. There's largely a "bandwagon effect" for Trump at play is my guess. Rubio may still win late deciders but not by as much.

Yeah, IMO it'll be largely a push. Maybe a small lean for Rubio.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
No doubt that partisanship is up on both sides, but you didn't really respond to the fact that there were lots of differences in what Biden said and what McConnell has said.
There are clear differences, but the partisanship is the main point I was getting at:
Me! said:
That a justice "shouldn't try to usurp the will of the people by timing their retirement" isn't incredibly far off from Republicans saying that it should wait until the next president so the people can decide. Obviously though the people already decided when they voted in 2012 and 2014.Can presidents even stop judges from retiring?
From reading a listening and reading what Biden said I took away that judges shouldn't time retirements near an election cycle and he would consider a nominee who is moderate, not far right, between the election and inauguration.That's being partisan, but not as much as McConell opposing anyone nominated.

This is another similarity between now and '92: Democrats controlled the House and Senate while there was a Republican president. It's the reverse now.

Ccf4vdeVAAAckNv.jpg

The GOP should really just split into a conservative party headed by Rubio and Ryan and a white nationalist party headed by Trump and LePage.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ccf4vdeVAAAckNv.jpg

The GOP should really just split into a conservative party headed by Rubio and Ryan and a white nationalist party headed by Trump and LePage.

And split the money while handing national elections to the democrat? That will never happen.

The main one on the GOP side is probably Texas and whether Cruz can win it and with a reasonable margin. I think delegates are awarded WTA above 50%? Which isn't happening statewide, but this applies to CDs?

First-time primary goers are far outnumbered by primary veterans across today’s contests. Relatedly, turnout among under 30s ranges between one in 10 to two in 10 in preliminary exit poll data, generally much lower than turnout among seniors.

Uh, Bern. Your revolutions not showing...

Debbie Whatever-the-fuck Schultz is a troll and an idiot.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2016/03/01/3755213/wasserman-schultz-payday-loans/

This woman is starting to royally piss me off.

Yeah, this was mentioned in the Super Tuesday thread. DWS is a cancer to the DNC and needs to be eradicated.

It doesn't matter who you like between Bernie or Hillary, we all hate that fucking woman.

Truer words have never been spoken.

docbon

I'd gain some actual appreciation for Reddit if they dropped a moneybomb for the dude who's running against her in the Democratic primary. Such an actual fucking joke as chairwoman.

With the funding they'll put up for Tim Canova, they'll afford an actual bomb for DWS.

Brinbe

Looks like there's no surprise springing up tonight. At least Bernie can celebrate a victory. I wanna see what his margin will be in VT.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
OHHHH YAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSs

Wasn't his camp mere hours ago saying tonight will show how Trump can't get the delegates he needs?

Gruco

Banned
I'm expecting big things from Rubio tonight. "Con-ald" is a brutal insult that really strikes at the core of Trump's support. This will be the thing that finally ends Donald Trump's presidential bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom