• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubenov

Rubio really should drop out and start pumping up Kasich if he wanted the best for the GOP, but I don't think that will happen.

Anything about Illinois and Missouri that should make them especially strong or weak states for any candidate?

Katich has zero path to the nomination. Winning 1 state won't take him there. Rubio has pretty much no chance but better than Kasich's

Ugh the new Bernie spin is that he won 4 states- nevermind that one of those 4 is the tiny homestate of Vermont. Nevermind that he got clobbered, absolutely steamrolled by a sum of nearly 1 million votes across other states.

Hey more power to Bernie supporters if they want to keep doing this thing. I expect Hillary to start focusing attacks on the GOP going forward, its not worth her time or effort to attack Bernie. She actually has decreased her criticisms of him significantly.

Ugh the new Bernie spin is that he won 4 states- nevermind that one of those 4 is the tiny homestate of Vermont. Nevermind that he got clobbered, absolutely steamrolled by a sum of nearly 1 million votes across other states.

Hey more power to Bernie supporters if they want to keep doing this thing. I expect Hillary to start focusing attacks on the GOP going forward, its not worth her time or effort to attack Bernie. She actually has decreased her criticisms of him significantly.

What did you want them to do, diablos about their own chances? Wouldn't be very wise if they do have the 0.1% chance.

Not surprised in the slightest that Bernie took Minnesota, but I'm very surprised at the margin

As a MN resident, I tried telling poliGAF several times that Bernie was favored here. But seeing as my data was merely anecdotal, I can see why they didn't put much stock into it.

Another anecdote is the percentage of AA voters voting for Bernie. I don't know if it's just MN or if other Northern states show the same trend, but most of the black people I know in Minnesota support Bernie. I haven't quite figured out why there's such a disparity between here and the south, but there is a difference.

As a MN resident, I tried telling poliGAF several times that Bernie was favored here. But seeing as my data was merely anecdotal, I can see why they didn't give it much stock.

Another anecdote is the percentage of AA voters voting for Bernie. I don't know if it's just MN or if other Northern states show the same trend, but most of the black people I know in Minnesota support Bernie. I haven't quite figured out why there's such a disparity between here and the south, but there is a difference.

can you please slap your Republican neighbors for ruining my night? why they picked Rubio? Ruined my night

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
DAVID WASSERMAN said:
Back-Of-The-Envelope Delegate Projections: Tonight Sucks For Rubio

Here are my back-of-the-envelope delegate projections: Based on current vote counts and each state and district’s allocation rules, Trump is on track to end up with about 262 delegates, Cruz is on track to win about 215, and Rubio is on track to win about 93. That’s an even more awful result for Rubio than I thought, and it’s a lot worse for Rubio than The New York Times’s Upshot model is currently projecting. After tonight, Rubio could be more than 100 delegates behind Cruz and more than 200 delegates behind Trump.
Rubio is as fucked as Bernie.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

rbI9bFf.gif

HylianTom

Banned

We sometimes comment about how this year's GOP shitstorm has been an accumulation of perfect circumstances. Divided field, angry electorate, superPAC money allowing candidate longevity, candidates refusing to get out until their respective states vote, calendar timing..

This is yet another small happening lining-up with that narrative. Trump has a horseshoe and a four-leaf clover shoved up his ass. Even when he loses, it's a statistical papercut. Meanwhile (looking at this new Texas news as a great example), he gashes his opposition.

Jamelle Bouie has a really great piece on the insane results Clinton has been getting among AA in the South. His argument is that 2008 and 2012 taught black voters that they can win elections through collective action and that is carrying through here. If that is the case, then we may see less of a drop off in black voting rates than expected, which would almost ensure that Clinton wins the general:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...uesday_wins_are_great_news_for_democrats.html

ivysaur12

Banned
Trump needed 225 delegates tonight (less actually since he was a bit ahead) to hit his "target" that 538 gave him to be on track to win the nomination.

He's projected to get 262.

Teggy

To me, a brokered convention is absolutely the best outcome. Trump is going to run 3rd party if he gets knocked out, you gotta believe.

Yeah, I don't get this - if you get a brokered convention and Trump doesn't get it, at minimum his followers go ballistic. If he does get it you'll see the entire Republican Party trying to tear him down in the process. Plus he won't be concentrating on Hillary.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I hope you're happy Poligaf.

My switch from Bernie to Hillary delivered a full precinct delegate to Hillary in Colorado. Final vote was 34 Hillary - 32 Bernie.

UraMallas

Lord is good, they have to balance it out with the insufferable Amanda Carpenter. I'd like to see Kate Bolduan's analysis of tonight's events.
You might have missed it but he claimed the KKK is CURRENTLY a leftist militaristic group and that Democrats are dividing the country based on racial issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom