• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

This literally isn't possible. The primaries will be decided by the end of April at the latest.

With Trump having won weeks earlier.

It's mathematically unlikely for Trump to gain the majority of Delegates flat out before the RNC.

Rubio/Cruz/Kasich scenarios are assuming a brokered convention that ousts Trump.

Cheebo

Banned
Winning Kansas by a big margin doesn't mean that Cruz has an actual path to the nomination.
Him having the far and away second most amount of delegates means he is the only other option if the party actual attempts to stop Trump at the convention if he falls short of the majority.

There being a very large gap between Cruz and Rubio means Cruz is the only real alternative in a contested convention.

Cruz's path is being the only surviving Trump alternative come the convention. Which today would help accomplish for him.

Its really conflicting for me. I think I change my mind every day on who I want to win

Cruz would be easier in debates because he's not as explosive as Trump and won't crack Monica Lewinsky jokes the whole time like he would either. He's also an ideological candidate and can't moderate on certain issues so it should be easier for Hillary to beat him. It would be way more focused on substance rather than zings, so Hillary would have the advantage

But then Trump lets dems running attach all republicans who they are running against to the KKK in ads and stuff.

I have no idea who I want match up wise
Trump's got the higher ceiling but the lower floor. It feels like we can all call that Cruz will get 46-47% in the GE right now.

benjipwns

Banned
Twitter says:

Per a Maine source, results of Portland, ME area caucus: Cruz 540, Trump 495, Kasich 29, Rubio 169.

YES! Cruz! Get innnn!!!
was close
If that was the same across the state Cruz will get 9 delegates to Trump's 8.

It's mathematically unlikely for Trump to gain the majority of Delegates flat out before the RNC.

Rubio/Cruz/Kasich scenarios are assuming a brokered convention that ousts Trump.
No, it's not. WTA will grind up everyone else if the polling holds.

Him having the far and away second most amount of delegates means he is the only other option if the party actual attempts to stop Trump at the convention if he falls short of the majority.

There being a very large gap between Cruz and Rubio means Cruz is the only real alternative in a contested convention.

Cruz's path is being the only surviving Trump alternative come the convention. Which today would help accomplish for him.

To stop Trump from getting a majority requires Rubio/Kasich to win WTA states that would preclude Cruz from having a huge delegate lead on them in July.

Grief.exe

Cruz is due to fall off now that we are out of the South.

Trump is the general is the easier win for dems. People will actively turn out to vote against him and he won't have much of the backing of the billionaire groups like Koch brothers. Cruz would get the full backing of the rnc and people wouldn't feel the need to actively turn out to keep him out of office.
Yeah..

When the votes are laid out I think that Trump will lead to a bigger dem victory

But the path there and the months before the election starts are going to be fucking crazy ugly. I don't know if I'm ready for this.

Is your snoring so loud you can't hear Hillary's laugh or Bernie scream millionaire? You need a Zyppah. That's Z-Y-P-P-A-H.com

That is the most annoying commercial I've seen in a while.

Owzers

Ted Cruz is really good at lying and insinuating things. When he implies that Hillary deleted emails on her server pertaining to lying about Benghazi and everything else in the world she's going to have to have a better response than benghazi hearing gif reactions.

Krowley

The more I see of Trump, the more I think he's the most dangerous nominee.

He brings a level of unpredictability that's hard to compensate for. He puts his opponents into incredibly awkward situations, and basically forces them to get down in the mud with him. He will go negative to a degree that hasn't been seen any any modern General election, and force his opponent to do the same.

If he loses, it might be a total blowout, but if he wins, he'll do so by utterly destroying his opponent. Running against him feels like a big roll of the dice to me. Most likely the democrat will win, but who knows what kind of crazy thing might happen.

benjipwns

Banned
UK version is best version, that is certainly true.
The change to the business plan thing was dumb though, it rendered the entire show basically irrelevant since it all mattered on their proposal.

Trump let his show fall apart during the third season until Ivanka dragged the Celebrity version out of the gutter trying to save it from her dad's strange obsessions and playing favorites.

CCS

Banned
The change to the business plan thing was dumb though, it rendered the entire show basically irrelevant since it all mattered on their proposal.

Donald "The American dream is dead" Trump let his show fall apart during the third season until Ivanka dragged the Celebrity version out of the gutter trying to save it from her dad's strange obsessions and playing favorites.

Yeah, I haven't really followed it that much the last couple of seasons.

NeoXChaos

interesting. Hopefully the cruz surge makes Rubio chances in FL zilch.

‏@daveweigel 11m11 minutes ago Kentucky caucus also kept polls open for 6 hours; no one speaking for any candidate. Cruz state chairman told me it would be tight w Trump

benjipwns

Banned
Hillary already has six delegates before the polls close in Louisiana, this whole American system is rigged, so much for democracy.

97.6k Early In-Person ballots cast through yesterday (Friday, March 4).

50.6k by Republicans and 45.1k by Democrats (with the balance NPAs and 3rd parties).

51.7% of total Early In-Person ballots cast thus far by Republicans and 38.1% by Democrats. This GOP advantage might be indicative more of which counties have been allowing early in-person voting thus far, and the fact that we don’t yet have EIP voting for the weekend.

Among Republican EIP voters, 78.6% are white and 11.2% are Hispanic. 62.5% of GOP voters are 60+ and only 4.0% are under 30.

Among Democratic EIP voters, 50.4% are white, 31.9% are black, and 13.5% are Hispanic. 58.2% are 60+ and only 6.5% are under 30.

Holy shiiit. Git it Hillary.
(These are Florida numbers, btw).

Yup lol. Wish I had just stayed out of this round.

Wish I had cashed out everything, and I mean everything, on Monday.

I don't even have money on any of today's contests. Just my Trump shares everywhere else are collapsing.

Fuck Mitt Romney.

So I'm up $1000, but on Monday I was up over $2500.

Tamanon

Banned
Early voting has started in NC. My girl, who finally got her citizenship earlier this year, is using her first vote to vote for Donald Trump, just because she supports Hillary.:(

I told her I'm holding her responsible if he wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom