• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Lol Rubio went down in that MI poll. I kind of don't believe people would vote kasich outside of Ohio. Hah.

The only reason Ted Cruz seems electable in any capacity is because Donald Trump is in the race. Dude's favorable trend is what Bernie supporters wish Clinton's was.

Dems won't be motivated to get out and vote against him like they would for Trump. Plus his lies would probably go unchecked by the media. Trump is the only one that calls him out on his bullshit.
The Dems could nominate a paper clip after Hillary gets indicted, and that would still be Cruz in the general. What swing states do you think Ted could possibly win?

Dems won't be motivated to get out and vote against him like they would for Trump. Plus his lies would probably go unchecked by the media. Trump is the only one that calls him out on his bullshit.
Yup.

Cruz like Ryan is the "smart one" in the GOP. Even though everything he says is complete bullshit, once that narrative is declared it will be treated as gospel.

NeoXChaos

daveweigel ‏@daveweigel 35m35 minutes ago
Kentucky caucus voting has ended. Expect results at 7 pm ET -- KY GOP using these hours to count votes.

Ted Cruz has a +8 favorability with Republicans and is getting around 10% of the moderate Republican vote.

The first ad that shows "Cruz raise taxes on seniors to pay for tax cuts for his Wall Street friends" will be the end of his campaign.

The Dems could nominate a paper clip after Hillary gets indicted, and that would still be Cruz in the general. What swing states do you think Ted could possibly win?

This is unrealistic simply because the Democratic Party and Hillary are so intertwined in the public consciousness that Hillary getting indicted would have significant blowback. Its quiet possible that any Republican would win under those circumstances.

Its also very unlikely Hillary gets indicted, she's a savvy enough operator that it's unlikely she'd run if she thought it was at all likely and well connected enough to have a pretty good read.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Huh, Rubio is performing the worst in the CD with Wichita, the state's largest city. I guess the size of the CD balances his strength in urban areas. He's doing better in CD3 where Overland Park, a part of the Kansas City, MO metro area, with 2% reporting.

NeoXChaos

easy fix going forward. Don't put money on Trump winning any caucuses going forward unless you sure of him winning. Then again there are only three caucuses in states left and the rest in D.C and territories.

Holmes

Today is giving me February 7, 2012 vibes when Santorum won every state (Colorado, Minnesota and Missouri) over Romney comfortably and everyone thought he would be the nominee.

Didn't sell Trump for US Prez at 31c because I didn't want to write down an $80 loss. He's at 24c now. $300 loss if I sold.

Didn't want to sell Cruz No at 84c and break even. It's at 70c.

Didn't want to sell Trump Yes at 70 because it felt like I was getting ripped off since he'd been at 82c a few days earlier. He's at 54c now.

This is the worst day of my life.

So I kind of expected Cruz to win the caucuses. Trumps angry people are only angry enough to tick things or punch chads.

Which we should probably be grateful for. A bunch a of angry people getting together in a caucus environment with a clear opposition is getting pretty close to the recipe that gets you riots and significant property damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom