• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cub3h

Banned
This is the first full speech of Cruz I'm hearing, he just sounds so.. creepy. I don't like Trump but Cruz seems magnitudes scarier.

Cerium

Didn't sell Trump for US Prez at 31c because I didn't want to write down an $80 loss. He's at 24c now. $300 loss if I sold.

Didn't want to sell Cruz No at 84c and break even. It's at 70c.

Didn't want to sell Trump Yes at 70 because it felt like I was getting ripped off since he'd been at 82c a few days earlier. He's at 54c now.

This is the worst day of my life.

As long as we're in the green we're alright breh.

We'll get through this!

CRUZ IS WINNING
KASICH IS UP IN THE POLLS
TRUMP IS FUCKED BECAUSE HES A SHITTY RACIST

WE ARE DOOMED

AND GODDAMMIT ANDREA WHATS THE STORY WITH THE EMAILS ALREADY ITS BEEN 5 MINUTES SINCE WE LAST TALKED ABOUT THEM

Didn't sell Trump for US Prez at 31c because I didn't want to write down an $80 loss. He's at 24c now. $300 loss if I sold.

Didn't want to sell Cruz No at 84c and break even. It's at 70c.

Didn't want to sell Trump Yes at 70 because it felt like I was getting ripped off since he'd been at 82c a few days earlier. He's at 54c now.

This is the worst day of my life.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Trump GOP Yes. The market is always like this. It will recover once tonight is over. I'm waiting until it goes down to the 45s and I'm buying more, I think.

Trump has taken down Cruz before and he will do it again, booger or no booger.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
So folks are now riding the Cruz Missile?
demdebatestarwarscvlts.png
It's finally taking off from Trump.

I heard some people say that Cruz ate a booger at the debate. I would never say that because it's horrible but can you believe that? I'm not going to say it's gross but some people are saying that.

I heard some people say that Cruz ate a booger at the debate. I would never say that because it's horrible but can you believe that? I'm not going to say it's gross but some people are saying that.

Im not saying we should imprison booger eaters, i know booger eaters they are great people, but we need to imprison those booger eaters.

I've told my husband multiple times that if there was footage of something crawling underneath Cruz' skin, I would be shocked but not surprised.

This is second best.

Tell you what though, sometimes it's about the money you don't lose. I had 100 shares of Cruz No in Maine and a couple hundred of Trump Yes, probably about $400 total in that market. Last night I sold them all and just about broke even. I think I lost like $2 on the Cruz shares. Could have easily been the whole $400.

Kusagari

I'm pretty sure Rubio never planned on winning this thing and now that he's been thrust into the last hope spotlight his shoddy, not caring at all organization is being exposed.

If Trump spent ANY money on organization and at least tried to brush up on policy, even a little, I feel he would probably be running away with this thing. His loss :p

To be fair, he had reason to believe that none of that would be required to win.

I'm pretty sure Rubio never planned on winning this thing and now that he's been thrust into the last hope spotlight his shoddy, not caring at all organization is being exposed.

Nah, far more likely that he's the kinda cretin that stumbles along from fuckup to fuckup, failing upwards. Would also explain his conduct in the senate.

If Trump spent ANY money on organization and at least tried to brush up on policy, even a little, I feel he would probably be running away with this thing. His loss :p

I can't believe a politician as lazy and cheap (and honestly bad in many other respects) as Trump is going to win the nomination.

How can the GOP (other than McConnell and Cruz) be so bad at this stuff that they get crushed by a guy as incompetent as Trump?

If you're a Dem here are the pros and cons of Cruz being nominated:

Pro: He has the most punchable face in politics, and perhaps in all of the media. People look at his face and are just unhappy. He's like the opposite of the current guy on the Bachelor where women see him and just start staring at the screen in a daze.

Con: A competent politician who will pay people to actually organize a campaign. Something that, apparently, no other Republican in the race is capable of. Otherwise, they wouldn't be losing to Ted "children cry at the sound of my voice" Cruz.

How can the GOP (other than McConnell and Cruz) be so bad at this stuff that they get crushed by a guy as incompetent as Trump?

Because they're used to competing with democrats, which are often even worse at it.

Can you imagine if both Trump and Cruz beat Rubio in FL?

His political career would be DONE

If, during a primary, you lose your own fucking state when you're the only guy from it? It doesn't matter by how much. You're done.

Holmes

Well after Tuesday, the vast majority of remaining contests will be primaries, with a few caucuses left (mainly US territories).

Pro: He has the most punchable face in politics, and perhaps in all of the media. People look at his face and are just unhappy. He's like the opposite of the current guy on the Bachelor where women see him and just start staring at the screen in a daze.

Con: A competent politician who will pay people to actually organize a campaign. Something that, apparently, no other Republican in the race is capable of. Otherwise, they wouldn't be losing to Ted "children cry at the sound of my voice" Cruz.

To be fair, organizing in the GOP is kind of like knowing basic long division among preschoolers.

While the caucus organization would help him I really doubt the policy would (Trump's read the Republican primary electorate right on that they give no fucks about policy (or even consistency) they just want to be told they'll win and that their victory will make the country Great (giving them a moral justification for that desire).

Diablos

I think Rubio is indeed a lightweight and would be easier to beat than Cruz. We're afraid of him though. He's Dan Quayle with more polish.

We're threatened by him because he was elected to the Senate due to idiocy on the other side, just like Obama. His resume is even thinner than Obama's was when he was in the Senate. So he's kind of the semi GOP Obama. That in turn makes us feel like he'd rip off Obama's playbook and the GOP would have their own watered down inspirational version of him. This makes us feel kind of demoralized. Then the fear sets in.

But when you see him for what he really is I think you need to get a grip and see that Hillary would utterly destroy him.

Cruz scares me because he's like neo-Dubya with a dash of Santorum and the finesse of 2004 Karl Rove. He's a shitstain, but a damn smart one.

Trump I think is going for his art of the deal strategy. I expect a sharp shift to the center with Hillary. He's a populist at heart that changes gears on a whim. That's a big reason why Republicans hate him. He ain't loyal.

Nate going all in:

Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538 3m3 minutes ago
If you're reporting this as anything other than a huge night for Cruz and a terrible one for Trump, you're doing it wrong.

Holmes

Really funny how Cruz and Sanders have become to caucus candidates and Trump and Clinton are the primary candidates. I have no doubt that if Kentucky were a primary, Trump would be the clear winner.

tmarg

He's also farther right wing than trump on virtually every issue. He's still completely unelectable, he's just less likely to destroy the entire party.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Caucuses are good if a party only wants their most dedicated, or base, to pick the nominee in a given state. Pushing aside the timing, the format seems to be reflective of the party in each state. However it does makes sense to me that early states are proportionally while later ones are winner-take-all. Winner-take-all really kills off the lingering candidates.

This year however we might see all four at the convention. You would think if Kasich lost Ohio and Rubio Florida there campaigns would be over but who the fuck knows anymore. Maybe this is when Cruz pulls away as the decided anti-Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom