• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maengun1

I know people say Cruz is probably an even easier win for the Dems in November, but I find him infinitely more loathsome and scary than Trump even, which is REALLY saying something. A Trump nom will result in me being like "Hill got this" while chuckling at his nonsense, a Cruz nom will result in me like "Hill's got this right?? RIGHT??" While melting down all year long.

Really funny how Cruz and Sanders have become to caucus candidates and Trump and Clinton are the primary candidates. I have no doubt that if Kentucky were a primary, Trump would be the clear winner.

But why ? Surely Clinton's got better organization for Caucusing than Bernie. You'd expect the longer time commitments to benefit Clinton's demographic advantages too.

Really funny how Cruz and Sanders have become to caucus candidates and Trump and Clinton are the primary candidates. I have no doubt that if Kentucky were a primary, Trump would be the clear winner.

Hillary has always, for better or worse, had caucus problems. This time, though, her campaign at least is smart enough to stay competitive for delegate allocation if nothing else.

I know people say Cruz is probably an even easier win for the Dems in November, but I find him infinitely more loathsome and scary than Trump even, which is REALLY saying something. A Trump nom will result in me being like "Hill got this" while chuckling at his nonsense, a Cruz nom will result in me like "Hill's got this right?? RIGHT??" While melting down all year long.

Either one's gonna have me laughing all the way to the bank

in my head

because I didn't get in on this goddamn predictit thing early

But why ? Surely Clinton's got better organization for Caucusing than Bernie. You'd expect the longer time commitments to benefit Clinton's demographic advantages too.

Caucuses are in smaller states that have a larger than normal (for a Democratic electorate) concentration of white people.

Caucuses are good if a party only wants their most dedicated, or base, to pick the nominee in a given state. Pushing aside the timing, the format seems to be reflective of the party in each state. However it does makes sense to me that early states are proportionally while later ones are winner-take-all. Winner-take-all really kills off the lingering candidates.

This year however we might see all four at the convention. You would think if Kasich lost Ohio and Rubio Florida there campaigns would be over but who the fuck knows anymore. Maybe this is when Cruz pulls away as the decided anti-Trump.

The modifications really don't help the cloak of democracy the parties want to drape these things in though.

Holmes

On one hand, organization and ground game helps in caucuses (as we saw when it came to absentee ballots in Nebraska) but at the end of the day, caucuses have historically favored the more activist/radical (for lack of better word) candidates. Ron Paul, Ted Cruz, Barack Obama, Bernie Sanders...

when they are not committing crimes against the state that is.

ANDREA!!!!!!!

WHATS THE LATEST ON THE EMAILS?

Snapshot_53.png

Thank you, Andrea.

Ya'll, I think I'm in the Cruz taking this shit camp. He's just so much easier to beat. He won't get the apathetic remotely interested. I doubt the VERY small minority of "If not Bernie, then Trump" people would bother to care bout Cruz. He's not going to have a snow balls chance in hell in winning any new blue collar voters. He's easy to pin down.

Rubio was endorsed by every major Kansas republican, from Dole to Brownback. Didn't matter.

The only problem with Rubio is that Republican voters think he would be a bad president who would not follow their ideals.

Rubio is a neocon in an era that is pro-dictators, Latino in an era of white nationalism, ridiculously anti-gay in an era where Republicans don't care, basically indistinguishable from the last failed Republican president except for being Latino and more hardcore.

Ya'll, I think I'm in the Cruz taking this shit camp. He's just so much easier to beat. He won't get the apathetic remotely interested. I doubt the VERY small minority of "If not Bernie, then Trump" people would bother to care bout Cruz. He's not going to have a snow balls chance in hell in winning any new blue collar voters. He's easy to pin down.

You could probably get a chunk of the
Bernie?Vote(Bernie):Vote(Trump) to turn out to vote against Cruz. Cruz is like the anti-populist.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I wish I knew what areas of Maine have been reported. Trump could still pull off a victory if the more rural areas haven't been counted yet. That's where the governor Paul LePage, who endorsed Trump, won the strongest in 2014.

You could probably get a chunk of the Bernie?Vote(Bernie):Vote(Trump) to turn out to vote against Cruz. Cruz is like the anti-populist.

But you can send in your taxes on a postcard after they abolish the IRS and replace the current tax code with a simple flat tax that just so happens to fuck over everyone other than the top 1%.

Nate going all in:

Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538 3m3 minutes ago
If you're reporting this as anything other than a huge night for Cruz and a terrible one for Trump, you're doing it wrong.

The guy is wildly overreacting considering we don't even have returns for Kentucky and LA yet.

danm999

Trumps whole thing is that he's teflon and he wins wins wins.

Starting to look like he might be subject to normal ups and downs like any other candidate.

Trumps whole thing is that he's teflon and he wins wins wins.

Starting to look like he might be subject to normal ups and downs like any other candidate.

Its always been an illusion though, he lost the first state. But anyone that thinks the illusion of power isn't power is a moron.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Nate going all in:

Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538 3m3 minutes ago
If you're reporting this as anything other than a huge night for Cruz and a terrible one for Trump, you're doing it wrong.
Translation:
Oh please oh please oh please. I don't want to eat all the crow.

Back of the envelope math here:

If Bernie gets 70% of the vote in each caucus state, he can, at best assuming 30% of the vote in LA, net a total of 5 delegates.

His strategy is bad, and his campaign should feel bad Big caucus wins only help if you keep it close in big primary states.

Cruz wins republican primary, Trump goes independent, Clinton wins the presidency!

db00ad057d.gif

That might be the worst possibly recipe for down ticket though , Cruz would get the True Conservatives out, Trump would get the Trumpsters and the Establishment types could justify one or the other. You'd have to hope Trump tells his peeps to vote not-R downticket (Libertarian ? Trump party ? Indep ? Skip? He couldn't get them to vote Dem).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Told you guys that debate would really hurt Trump.

fantomena

Back of the envelope math here:

If Bernie gets 70% of the vote in each caucus state, he can, at best assuming 30% of the vote in LA, net a total of 5 delegates.

His strategy is bad, and his campaign should feel bad Big caucus wins only help if you keep it close in big primary states.

Bernie is bad and he should feel bad. He should drop out of the race, become independent, endorse Trump just for me to watch hell explode in america while Im outside drinking some stuff and watching america burn.

The guy is wildly overreacting considering we don't even have returns for Kentucky and LA yet.

Just consider that he's been salty ever since he had to admit that Don was, in fact, A Real Contender and his comments make more sense. See:

Translation:
Oh please oh please oh please. I don't want to eat all the crow.

A-yurp.

Nate Silver's whole schtick is that he's supposed to be above this sort of analysis.

He's long since ditched that approach.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think it's more than outside of Nevada, he's been doing extremely poorly in caucuses that require some level of organization.

Yeah, but he was somewhat close in other caucuses.

Bernie is bad and he should feel bad. He should drop out of the race, become independent, endorse Trump just for me to watch hell explode in america while Im outside drinking some stuff and watching america burn.

Please print. I mean read what I said.

I said Bernie's strategy is bad. I blame Devine. He knows this shit doesn't work like this.

OmniOne

I said Bernie's strategy is bad. I blame Devine. He knows this shit doesn't work like this.

I just watched him on MSNBC talking about strategy (always on tv, I mean come on dude) and he had the look of a man who does not believe the words that are coming out of his mouth.

fantomena

Of course it's bad.

What I would really want is that Obama could run a 3rd term against Hillary and to crush her again. I would both feel sad for Hillary and laugh hard.

This is how I am when Im sleepy and tried. Im very careless, don't give a shit, just write and say stuff. Which makes me afraid of what I will do when Im drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom