• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people didn't even know there was a debate happening. We're on the 30th debate and y'all are still acting like these things carry major sway. Unless there's something viral that comes out of it like the Rubio malfunction (or trump penis), nothing is really going to change much.

benjipwns

Banned
Of course it's bad.

What I would really want is that Obama could run a 3rd term against Hillary and to crush her again. I would both feel sad for Hillary and laugh hard.
I suppose Obama could challenge Hillary for the Democratic nomination even if he can't win a third term.

Nate Silver's whole schtick is that he's supposed to be above this sort of analysis.

This entire election season has made it blindingly clear that Nate Silver is absolutely not.

Most people didn't even know there was a debate happening. We're on the 30th debate and y'all are still acting like these things carry major sway. Unless there's something viral that comes out of it like the Rubio malfunction (or trump penis), nothing is really going to change much.

Trump has nothing to worry about- he's clearly better at media manipulation than anyone else there and the debates mean littlle no matter what happens.

Last debate he got rocked on the trump university thing. What was everyone talking about the next day? Not Trump University, but trump's penis.

The debate PRIOR to that was the first one where Rubio successfully stepped up and landed some punches on him. Instead of having a news cycle dedicated to an energized Rubio, Trump drops the christie endorsement and everyone is talking about THAT instead.

nothing stops this train

Iolo

Nate going all in:

Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538 3m3 minutes ago
If you're reporting this as anything other than a huge night for Cruz and a terrible one for Trump, you're doing it wrong.

If your primary predictions were based on "The Party Decides" then you're doing it wrong

NATE

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure Rubio self ethered

People don't want dick jokes.

I wonder if you could like at it like a botched attempt at murder-suicide sorta like the one Christie did on Rubio. You usually don't go extremely negative against members of your own party and live to tell about it.

The straight up murder of Trump vs Jeb being the one exception to the rule, but Trump is the exception to a lot of rules.

Not that Trump is dead because of it, but Rubio is sure looking pretty dead.

I should have majored in poli sci.

Wonder if I could get into a MA program with a degree in Creative Writing....I have a 3.9 GPA.

You can if you take the pre-req courses either as part of your MA or individually at your local school. That's a pretty amazing GPA though, you could do a lot of things unrelated to your major.

You can if you take the pre-req courses either as part of your MA or individually at your local school. That's a pretty amazing GPA though, you could do a lot of things unrelated to your major.

Thanks, I mean. My classes were artsy shit, so it wasn't that difficult. I might look into it, ya. I actually took several poli sci classes, even though my minor was sociology. I was thinking about getting my MSW, but I love politics a lot more. Might look into it. :)

Thanks, I mean. My classes were artsy shit, so it wasn't that difficult. I might look into it, ya. I actually took several poli sci classes, even though my minor was sociology. I was thinking about getting my MSW, but I love politics a lot more. Might look into it. :)

Poli Sci is not exactly difficult stuff. Just memorize dates and names and write papers about it which you already have a background in. Wish I had done that instead of Economics, I hate math.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I still have zero faith Cruz wins many midwest and northern states. That seems like Trump central.

Poli Sci is not exactly difficult stuff. Just memorize dates and names and write papers about it which you already have a background in. Wish I had done that instead of Economics, I hate math.

My goal was to be a speech writer or something like that. I took a bunch of public relations/professional writing courses. I've got a lot of volunteer experience in the realm of politics too. I just love this shit. I hate math, too.

Kasich is running ahead of Rubio in KY. LOLOLOLOLOL

gaugebozo

Of course it's bad.

What I would really want is that Obama could run a 3rd term against Hillary and to crush her again. I would both feel sad for Hillary and laugh hard.

This is how I am when Im sleepy and tried. Im very careless, don't give a shit, just write and say stuff. Which makes me afraid of what I will do when Im drunk.
We need a new amendment: presidents can escape term limits if they also win a primary against 3 or more candidates. Also, in a rare double whammy, poligamy is legal.

Vent time:

The main reason I really don't want rubio or Cruz to be President is because how they always talk about how you need a Christian in the white house, and sometimes even talk about how secularism is degrading America morally. It's honestly straight up offensive. I don't need a book or the fear of hell to be a good person. I get that from having empathy for others. Not that the Bible doesn't teach some great lessons, cause it does (and also some bad ones though), but when they act like morality itself is somehow linked to their religion it just pisses me off. Anyone can be a good person.

Cruz eating Rubio's support after Rubio flip-flopped on "I am a human being with self-respect" shows that even the establishment can't save someone without a ethos.

royalan

Sanders: bla bla bla Clinton superpacs bla bla bla speeches bla bla bla I'm hating because my speaking fee isn't nearly as high bla bla bla

Does he have anything else? These attack lines don't work.

Sanders: bla bla bla Clinton superpacs bla bla bla speeches bla bla bla I'm hating because my speaking fee isn't nearly as high bla bla bla

Does he have anything else? These attack lines don't work.

No, it's dumb to think a former secretary of state and first lady wouldn't command a high speaking fee. Of course she will get paid for it.

royalan

No, it's dumb to think a former secretary of state and first lady wouldn't command a high speaking fee. Of course she will get paid for it.

Exactly.

She could have stood on stage and talked about the last time she got waxed, and she still would have gotten paid several hundred Gs for it, because she's Hillary Goddamn Clinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom