• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting for anyone to show me a realistic path to the nomination for Cruz with the remaining states.

He'd have to sweep the West and California, win Missouri, Montana, Arizona, SD, Wisconsin, Indiana (all WTA) and Pennsylvania somehow. That'd put him close.

But yeah, since he's not competitive in Ohio/Florida or primaries in the North East/Mid Atlantic, the math is nearly impossible.

Huh, my shares mostly recovered again. I'm only "down" like $300 now instead of $1000. If Trump wins Michigan I just might get back to where I was.

So you'll do the sensible thing and cash out now so you don't spend another day worrying about that crap, yes?

I think the best option for the GOP now is a Cruz nomination.
Yeah, he's going to get crushed in the general, but at least when he does they have a chance to start exorcising the crazy from their party. If Trump lose in the general people like Cruz would be to keep fucking that chicken by saying he's not a "true conservative" (and to be honest, he isn't).

I mean they still have a long term problem of finding popular issues to campaign on, but that's something they'll have to face no matter what, a Trump candidacy pushes that reckoning for at least 4 more years, and the demographic map is going to be even less favorable to them then.

A Trump failure can be attacked via "no true conservative". A Cruz failure can be attacked via "fuck these establishment types" (which he...technically...is).

Thus, the republicans need a trump/cruz ticket.

tbf, republican politicians would probably love to see cruz running as don's vp.

danm999

For some reason I thought that Michigan and Mississippi were the 10th.

Tomorrows debate seems like the last chance for Sanders to reverse that.

Qq4IShx.gif

lol

Chichikov

A Trump failure can be attacked via "no true conservative". A Cruz failure can be attacked via "fuck these establishment types" (which he...technically...is).

Thus, the republicans need a trump/cruz ticket.

tbf, republican politicians would probably love to see cruz running as don's vp.
I agree , but there's no fucking way Cruz is doing it though, I think his all campaign is geared toward becoming the nominee in 2020 or at the very least, becoming the undisputed face of the "true conservatism".

p.s.
Considering what has been going on in this cycle maybe I should saying "no fucking way", but I still stand by my prediction.

Makai

I agree , but there's no fucking way Cruz is doing it though, I think his all campaign is geared toward becoming the nominee in 2020 or at the very least, becoming the undisputed face of the "true conservatism".

p.s.
Considering what has been going on in this cycle maybe I should saying "no fucking way", but I still stand by my prediction.
Trump won't even offer it for the simple reason that he was foreign-born.

User 406

Banned
I see the establishment money, has gotten to the red tags while I was away with my child's birth.

I strenuously disagree with your comma. A new parent should be setting a better example.

Congrats!

But food tastes good, and exercise sucks. So, I'll stay lumpy and happy.

You should try weightlifting. It's the perfect exercise for lazy people, builds muscle mass so your body needs more of those delicious calories, and you can get all Bear Force One. No downsides.

Are you saying Cruz is a Brood or one of the V aliens?

I think she was going more for Edgar from Men in Black.

"Hillary can you weigh in on Donald Trump's penis?"

"No."

I'm really hoping that becomes her trademark response to every jackass question.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
If I was Trump I would be watching Mississippi closely Tuesday for cracks in his southern domination. Cruz did not win any parish bordering Mississippi.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Trump still has a sizable delegate lead, and if he wins Illinois/Florida/Ohio March 15th followed by Arizona a week later, it'd be downright huge. I'm not seeing where Cruz makes up that big of a difference.

Both Cook and 538 have Cruz needing to win Florida, Ohio, and Arizona to reach the 1,237 goal, which seems very unlikely.

It'd probably be over if Trump hits New York's 50% winner take all threshold April 19 for 95 delegates, which is very possible if Rubio and Kasich more or less go away by then.

I think Kasich is going to beat Trump in Ohio. Late deciders don't seem to go for Trump, and Kasich and his PAC are going to make a HUGE push in the next few weeks. He's going to crush Rubio in Florida, however, and there's no way Marquito doesn't suspend his campaign after a night like tonight if he can't even carry his home state.

Gruco

Banned
Looks like it's a 48 point win for Hillary in LA.

Thanks to our resident LA PoliGAFfers. <3

Such a huge win. I can't believe how quickly I've just come to expect it.

======

Anywho, just think. 8 months from now, we'll all look back on today as the day Marco Rubio's collapse paved the way for President Kasich.

So Bernie wins two states to Hillary's one but she nets more delegates?

Do people realize how delegates work?

I'm not sure Bernie's campaign knows how this works, even though Devine was the delegate guy for ... someone. Dukkakis? Someone.

She came in with a 195 delegate lead, is leaving with a 206 delegate lead. Not bad for losing 2 states.

royalan

I'm stating to think that there's something to the idea of the GOP wanting Rubio and Kasich to stay in the race until the convention so that things are messy enough that when they announce a 3rd party candidate, the effect will be somewhat blunted by the general craziness. I can see the reasoning being something like, "Nobody has the required number of delegates and all 4 of these men have been embarrassments to the party. We HAD to do it!"

That both Cruz and Trump called for people to drop out tonight, and Trump himself commenting on the idea of the establishment introducing a 3rd candidate, is telling.

Trump still has a sizable delegate lead, and if he wins Illinois/Florida/Ohio March 15th followed by Arizona a week later, it'd be downright huge. I'm not seeing where Cruz makes up that big of a difference.

Both Cook and 538 have Cruz needing to win Florida, Ohio, and Arizona to reach the 1,237 goal, which seems very unlikely.

It'd probably be over if Trump hits New York's 50% winner take all threshold April 19 for 95 delegates, which is very possible if Rubio and Kasich more or less go away by then.

Missouri, the WTA state that no one talks about. I really want to see some polls from it because a victory for Trump there would almost offset Ohio.

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio responds to Ted Cruz and Donald Trump's call to drop out of race: 'Everybody that's running asks for somebody to drop out so they can do better - except for me, I've never asked for anybody to drop out. But here's the bottom line - there will be more delegates awarded in Florida than basically every state that voted tonight combined' - NBC News

shem935

Banned
Yeah delegates you won't get you silly fool. This is the end of your political career. You will forever be known as the water boy who joked about big dons dick and lost your home state.

jiggle

I'm stating to think that there's something to the idea of the GOP wanting Rubio and Kasich to stay in the race until the convention so that things are messy enough that when they announce a 3rd party candidate, the effect will be somewhat blunted by the general craziness. I can see the reasoning being something like, "Nobody has the required number of delegates and all 4 of these men have been embarrassments to the party. We HAD to do it!"

That both Cruz and Trump called for people to drop out tonight, and Trump himself commenting on the idea of the establishment introducing a 3rd candidate, is telling.
That's not really a secret though
But I see no reason why they would do that just to hand Romney the crown
Especially after he refused to endorse Marco
And all the pressure they excerpted on Kasich to drop out

gcubed

That's not really a secret though
But I see no reason why they would do that just to crown Romney
Especially after he refused to endorse Marco
And all the pressure they excerpted on Kasich to drop out

Why would Romney want to run to just lose again

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
If course you're not saying that, you'd look more pathetic.
Missouri, the WTA state that no one talks about. I really want to see some polls from it because a victory for Drumpf there would almost offset Ohio.
No polling it seems. If Trump managed to win any counties in Kansas bordering Missouri he should have it otherwise I could see Ted taking it considering he took Iowa to the north.
Only thing saving Drumpf in MS is it being an open primary
Yeah. It and North Carolina should be guaranteed wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom