• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate is pissed Trump was able to hold on in LA. He definitely wanted to argue the networks called it too early.

Nate Silver is ABSOLUTELY still irrational over the whole trump thing and still doesn't *get* why he fucked up as bad as he did.

The guy is a libertarian, his ass is showing, to hell with him

Nate is pissed Trump was able to hold on in LA. He definitely wanted to argue the networks called it too early.

It was pretty funny to see him and Dave Wasserman try to sell that narrative, especially as Trump's 10k lead remained firm despite them tweeting every 30 seconds about how it was shrinking. LA was closer than it should have been for Trump, but he was never in much danger of losing it.

Ted Cruz isn't going to want to pivot on his tax plan (since it's the cornerstone of his campaign basically and he actually believes in it) so this is going to be really easy if he's the nominee:

Cc1OGr2WEAEOsR8.jpg

"Cruz will raise taxes on seniors to give Wall Street bonuses" will kill him so easily.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It'd was pretty funny to see him and Dave Wasserman try to sell that narrative, especially as Trump's 10k lead remained firm despite them tweeting every 30 seconds about how it was shrinking. LA was closer than it should have been for Trump, but he was never in danger of losing it.
Just goes to show you how even the statisticians are salesmen these days...

"I love a lot of people that are very good friends of mine"
It's like he mixed two of his favorite phrases together with absolutely no context to either of them.

Cruz did very well tonight. Some big caucus wins and very close losses to Trump in the south. He's too far behind in total delegates to split delegates with Trump but if this becomes a 1v1 it could be very interesting.

Of course I don't get the impression it's going to be a 1v1 anytime soon with Rubio acting like he won something tonight. His campaign's behavior is beyond delusional. It's as if they know the nomination is theirs if only they can get to the convention.

NeoXChaos

Cruz did very well tonight. Some big caucus wins and very close losses to Trump in the south. He's too far behind in total delegates to split delegates with Trump but if this becomes a 1v1 it could be very interesting.

Of course I don't get the impression it's going to be a 1v1 anytime soon with Rubio acting like he won something tonight. His campaign's behavior is beyond delusional. It's as if they know the nomination is theirs if only they can get to the convention.

FL and OH are going to be close. I think Kasich can take OH and Rubio may tank to Cruz for 2nd in FL. Kasich is probably in the running behind trump for 2nd in Michigan.

HylianTom

Banned
One thing that made LA look like it was closing: the parishes (counties) along the LA/TX border came in relatively early, and Cruz was overperforming in that territory. Once his best areas were in, he was no longer able to continue narrowing the gap.

And Rubio collapsing? Pinch me. Just pinch me. Be it Trump or Cruz, tonight is a good night.

edit:
"Congratulations on the two states, Ted!"
*giggle*

If Kasich wins Ohio and does well in Illinois and Michigan, he could very well finish March 15th essentially tied with Rubio in delegates and push Rubio into effective 4th place.

Effect

Are these reporters trump plants? Lol!

I actually assumed they were the last time he did this. Trying to make it look like a presidential press conference. I thought that was the whole idea behind it with their own people acting as reporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom