• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

User 406

Banned
wish most political comics were half as good as this, but NO, LABELS FOR EVERYTHING.

277-joinordiesm.png

Oh, and stop changing your avatar to get even more similar to Cesare Borgias! >:|

Yeah, that's the problem with limiting post office employment.
We can offer substantial retirement benefits, but you are basically asking anyone who holds an office that after politics they are retired.

To be fair, that would increase the amount of politicians genuinely seeking to serve the public above anything else.

To be fairerer, that would also increase the amount of politicians genuinely seeking to be a Rubio for a term or two and then retire off that sweet welfare teat.

The ultimate answer to this gordian knot is, as always, benevolent AI zookeepers.

I really hope Clinton wins Michigan

Pretty sure she will win, very little possibly that the debates will change anything and I reckon she is fairly popular there as well. She also has ton of AA support so I don't see a reason she might lose. It'll probably be a 15-25% margin. After this day I don't see Bernie winning anywhere else besides maybe Ohio.

Slayven

Pretty sure she will win, very little possibly that the debates will change anything and I reckon she is fairly popular there as well. She also has ton of AA support so I don't see a reason she might lose. It'll probably be a 15-25% margin.

She has been spending a lot of time there and has talked about Flint numerous times when all the other candidates were silent on it.

Pretty sure she will win, very little possibly that the debates will change anything and I reckon she is fairly popular there as well. She also has ton of AA support so I don't see a reason she might lose. It'll probably be a 15-25% margin. After this day I don't see Bernie winning anywhere else besides maybe Ohio.

Will Buy you a pizza if her win margin is 15% or more dude.

Maledict

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srGlyFyghRk

Judge Jeanine going hard in the paint at Romney

Jesus Christ that's scary.

Apparently Fox News Presenters are so hard up they have to work three jobs because of Obama! The way they can just lie, flat out lie, to the camera is unsettling as hell.

Also there's something wrong with her mouth and face - her mouth doesn't open properly and the rest of her face doesn't move, at all, ever, even when she's shouting.

I would be curious to see how much Sanders is continuing to raise. At some point the 2,700 limit has to tap out his small, dedicated donors, right? Or is that just a big number I have no context for because I am fabulous?

Nah. That's the beauty of a pure grassroots campaign, from the previously little known Senator from Vermont; as more and more of the American people get to hear about Bernie, and his policies to transform America, he has an ever growing pool of donors to call upon (as demonstrated by February's $42 million haul, which was more than double the previous month), and given the average donation has remained around $30, I'd estimate 99% of those can't afford, and absolutely don't need to, get anywhere close to the $2.7K limit, me included.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Hey guys, I had a long day yesterday driving up to Charlotte from Greensboro, getting unpacked and hanging with some friends. Can anyone recap what happened yesterday?

Hey guys, I had a long day yesterday driving up to Charlotte from Greensboro, getting unpacked and hanging with some friends. Can anyone recap what happened yesterday?

Cruz: 40
Trump: 40
Kasich: 10
Rubio: Crying in the car

Cruz sucked up all of Rubio's support.

Also, Cruz dominated Kansas even though all of Kansas' political establishment (from Brownback to Dole) made an all-out effort to hurt Cruz in Kansas.

Trump got stumped. Bernie won two out of the three states but lost by delegate counts in total because of the margins Hillary won in Louisiana

Bronx-Man

Banned
Rubio is dead, Cruz is the new savior.

Cruz: 40
Trump: 40
Kasich: 10
Rubio: Crying in the car

Cruz sucked up all of Rubio's support.

Also, Cruz dominated Kansas even though all of Kansas' political establishment (from Brownback to Dole) made an all-out effort to hurt Cruz in Kansas.
And now the GOP Primary can be summed up as Grim & Evil. Didn't think Rubio would get crushed so badly this early.

pigeon

Banned
I would bet $1,000,000 that Rubio is not dropping out. I think you have an itchy trigger finger on the dropout button, pigeon!

Yeah, you're probably right. It's probably revealing my subconscious desire for the election to be over.

That said, I do think we learned from Jeb that candidates with more establishment support are also more vulnerable to establishment pressure. Last night made it clear that Trump can potentially lose. But it also made it clear that Rubio is not the candidate who can beat him. So I'm not sure how much the establishment benefits from Rubio staying in the race. Dropping out and endorsing Cruz probably gives the best expected value, assuming your primary goal is to avoid Trump.

As always, the fact that everybody hates Ted Cruz has the potential to screw up that math, though.

Bowdz

Jesus Christ that's scary.

Apparently Fox News Presenters are so hard up they have to work three jobs because of Obama! The way they can just lie, flat out lie, to the camera is unsettling as hell.

Also there's something wrong with her mouth and face - her mouth doesn't open properly and the rest of her face doesn't move, at all, ever, even when she's shouting.

Botox is a hell of a drug bro.

Honestly, if Trump had half a lick of sense, he'd be dominating this whole thing.

It feels like he puts almost zero effort into preparing for debates.

He's putting zero effort into this entire campaign.

It's got to infuriate Cruz, who is working his ass off, that he's losing to a guy as cheap and lazy as Trump.

Rubenov

Trump is not putting zero effort, he's just not organized well enough. All of his efforts go into flying into a state to hold a rally, posting on Twitter, and reading into polls.

Things he's not doing or not doing as well:

- Having TV / internet advertisements

- Get out the vote operations

- Preparing for debates

- Building both his domestic and foreign policies. With details.

So he maximizes his media time but his lack of attention to all these other aspects are costing him.

I had a few random thoughts after last night...namely about what the establishment can really do at a contested convention. I think nominating someone who isn't one of the four candidates remaining is going to be too much. What if they attempt to pick someone from the earlier batch of candidates? Seems like Scott Walker could be a really good compromise candidate. And not having to go through the primary season would leave him pretty strong. Walker appeals to the establishment as well as the clown car GOP.

I can see the logic of him as a compromise, except that he would be an incredibly weak candidate in the general. He's completely out of his depth in a national campaign.

Trump is not putting zero effort, he's just not organized well enough. All of his efforts go into flying into a state to hold a rally, posting on Twitter, and reading into polls.

- Preparing for debates

So he maximizes his media time but his lack of attention to all these other aspects are costing him.

keep in mind though that he pretty much has the nomination barring a major scandal that derails his campaign entirely.

So all of those things that conventional wisdom said he "should" have been doing don't matter at all- and trump skates easily to the nomination while spending nearly nothing and putting in only the bare minimum amount of effort kissing babies and shaking hands.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
You guys seem to be sure of a Trump nomination. I don't know if I see that quite yet.

Rubenov

I wonder if the establishment backs off a bit from Trump, given now the only other alternative is Cruz.

I remember what Bob Dole said that he would rather have Trump than Cruz, and I'd bet there are many more that feel that way even if they don't explicitly say so.

Cruz has no center; he would get destroyed so hard in the general. Hillary would win Ohio, Virginia, Florida, etc... With Trump, he has a chance at Florida and if Kasich is his VP then he has a chance in Ohio as well.

- Preparing for debates

And everything suggests that this is working. He changed the rules of what it takes to politick across the country.

Cruzmentum is likely the protest vote against Trump similar to Santorum winning in states while Mittens was consolidating the larger vote.

Rubenov

You guys seem to be sure of a Trump nomination. I don't know if I see that quite yet.

I'm with you. I slightly favor Trump to win but certainly it isn't a lock.

The KKK-gate and the debates have cost him dearly. He's been trending down. One more KKK-like gaffe and the damage might knock him out.

Rubenov

And everything suggests that this is working. He changed the rules of what it takes to politick across the country.

Cruzmentum is likely the protest vote against Trump similar to Santorum winning in states while Mittens was consolidating the larger vote.

Rusty, I agree he has been wildly successful with his strategy, but he would be so much more ahead if he wasn't so stingy with money and put down some cash to get voters out to caucuses and primaries, put a few ads on TV, and have someone give him a good plan for governance with some damn details.

Scott Walker was literally dumber than Ben Carson with regards to foreign policy and that's the second biggest issue people care about other than the economy.

I mean, it's going to be pretty much over when everyone starts talking about how Walker compared teacher's unions to ISIS. That's hugely anti-labor and absurdly naive at once and probably a campaign ender. Hillary will drown him.

Anyway, this dude is an actual college professor:

Whereas to me the more significant story is that Clinton has a tough time winning outside the South.

https://twitter.com/CoreyRobin/status/706325333608366080

*Bernie wins deep red states only because there are only white people in those states*

"Hillary in trouble once we leave the south!"

I wonder if Hillary fucking up Bernie in Michigan will finally put this "Hillary can only win the South!" narrative, that only extremely stupid people believe, to rest.

FDR came out of a brokered convention.

Literally everyone would have beaten Hoover in 1932 and FDR was the overwhelmingly favorite and just faced opposition from party bosses to eventually back down from being mean to corrupt politicians.

can someone explain to me why the Mid-West is cold to Trump?
I'm ignorent about the Mid-West so I don't know much about them.

But the entire East Coast, the North-East, he South. I get it

But the Mid-West? I don't get it. Please explain it to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom