• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiggyCal

Banned
So I had an exchange with a friend on Facebook today who called yesterday a win for Bernie, and I explained to him the margins and delegate counts and how if Bernie can't improve his margins of wins in the states he beats Hillary he won't be able to overcome her. Especially if Hillary continues winning certain states by the percentages she is

He told me to stop "trolling"

And I said " so I am trolling you with math? Who do you think I am? A villain from Cyber Chase?"

... Atleast I think I'm funny.

Why are you referencing children's shows?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I find Cruz fans WAY more irritating than Trump fans.

"But Cruz doesn't work with others because he is principled!"

No, he doesn't work with others because he's a self-important douchebag who thinks he is right all the time.

What in the fuck is up with Kentucky?

As I understand it though, a lot of reliable Republican voters are still registered Democrats in Kentucky (and their state house is still half Democrat)

I had a female teacher in high school who believed that it wasn't good sense for women to be trusted with that position, since Eve clearly demonstrated that women couldn't be trusted with that authority over men.

Rural Mississippi, though, so we're a bit more backwards than even Kentucky at times.

Cruz would definitely be a worse president than Trump. Cruz would get us into a war 100%. Trump has alot of bluster, but he doesn't think we should be in the middle East and he is willing to negotiate.

Rubenov

Cruz is the worst. Probably the worse I've seen. Before him it used to be Palin, Cruz is similar to her but without being dumb.

Cruz would definitely be a worse president than Trump. Cruz would get us into a war 100%. Trump has alot of bluster, but he doesn't think we should be in the middle East and he is willing to negotiate.

Trump and Cruz have pretty much the same foreign policy except Cruz is further to the right on Iran and Israel.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/31/u...st-supporters-a-certain-kind-of-democrat.html

cSeKY8f.jpg

Great Plains/Upper Midwest is less racist than the eastern half of the country.

Man, my hometown is right in the center of the Oregon deep red. :(

at least they don't search racist things online.

Owzers

Rush on Wallace's Fox News Sunday....Cruz is a nice, likable guy, down the middle guy, anybody could trust, plenty of integrity.

Quite humorous segment.

Trump and Cruz have pretty much the same foreign policy except Cruz is further to the right on Iran and Israel.

Yeah, but Cruz is beholden to big oil. Those are his biggest donators. Plus Trump is a negotiator. He would sit down with the leaders of the other countries and actually listen to reason. Cruz wouldn't.

Rubenov

Nah.

Iran:

- Trump wants a better deal because the deal Obama made was a "disaster". Cruz wants no deal and will tear Obama's deal apart on Day 1.

ISIS:

- Trump wants to attack ISIS financial resources, Cruz wants to "carpet bomb" ISIS cities

North Korea:

- Trump wants to use China leverage to get them to deal with North Korea. Cruz has made no pronouncements that I'm aware of.

Trump is a more acceptable option than Cruz in foreign policy. Cruz is a nightmare on everything.

Hrm. That looked vaguely familiar, so i went and looked something up.

don't know why, exactly, im surprised that people that are more likely to see black folk are more likely to be racist.

It's similar to what I've always argued about super-white European countries when I see the argument that they're better on race relations. Basically, it's hard to be racist when you don't have targets, but I don't think any region (with the exception of the South) is more racist than any other. Let a black family move into the neighborhood out west, and (while I'd love to be proven wrong) I think they'd be treated unfairly.

Bowdz

That was back in late Jan / early Feb. Romney is insane if he goes through with this.

The ambition of politicians never ceases to amaze me.

When you see a path to the ultimate office of power which you have craved for the better part of a decade, it's hard to let it slip away regardless of how delusional that path may be.

I don't Tweet. I'm going to be cut off from our Lord emperor Trump. :(

What a mess. You don't even tweet. I am the best tweeter. People love my tweets. So many people retweet me. I'd tell you names, but you would be shocked. You wouldn't believe me. Karl Icahn is one. Great guy.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I wonder if Kasich could make inroads with West Coast Republicans. I'm not sure how similar they are to their New England counterparts. Kasich did well enough in Vermont and Massachusetts to possibly get second places in New York, Connecticut and Rhode Island, especially if Rubio is really on a downward spiral and drops out from losing Florida. If that happens and Kasich wins Ohio he has every reason to stay in.

Also, my account got approved now so hey poliGAF. I'm a grad student at Ole Miss (native Mississippian), hard left, voting for Hilldawg.

Welcome to the corporate establishment. We're all in this together! And we're all shrills. We'll tell you where Hillary has hidden all the bodies in the near future.

It's probably nothing, but I bet Rmoney is just positioning himself to be a compromise candidate. I mean, I don't know how a compromise between Trump and Cruz is Rmoney. Actually, we do. He's got the money of Trump, and a face I;d like to punch from Cruz.

NeoXChaos

Also, my account got approved now so hey poliGAF. I'm a grad student at Ole Miss (native Mississippian), hard left, voting for Hilldawg.

welcome. You might be able to help us answer this. It seems like Cruz is surging. Is it enough to take Trump in MS or the open primary will probably save him?

They'd have to change the convention rules to enable a Romney candidacy and scrap any provision requiring preexisting support from pledged delegates. It'd make the optics even worse. And I'm not sure how Romney would get this done as I doubt his organization has been working to plant his people in the rules committee.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They'd have to change the convention rules to enable a Romney candidacy and scrap any provision requiring preexisting support from pledged delegates. It'd make the optics even worse.

Hey, if there gonna stop Trump they'll have to be prepared to look horrible.

Makai

They'd have to change the convention rules to enable a Romney candidacy and scrap any provision requiring preexisting support from pledged delegates. It'd make the optics even worse.
Did they change the rules recently? The last time we had a brokered convention, they nominated someone who didn't run! Pretty sure they can still vote for whoever on second ballot.

Did they change the rules recently? The last time we had a brokered convention, they nominated someone who didn't run! Pretty sure they can still vote for whoever on second ballot.

They changed it in 2012. You can't be nominated unless you have the majority of delegates in 8 states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom