• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Random thing I found on tumblr that amused me. Not sure who the artist on the second picture is though:

tumblr_nq1zuuHgrZ1rhavdko1_500.png

tumblr_inline_nq20bkWXAo1qjbjjg_400.jpg

pigeon

Banned
Hey now, they have one state senator.

I think

OMG.

wikipedia said:
Samuel Morgan "Sam" Slom (born April 13, 1942) is the Republican member of the Hawaii Senate. Since 1996, he has represented the 9th District, which includes Hawaii Kai, Aina Haina, Kahala and Diamond Head on the island of Oahu. As the sole Republican senator, he is the senate minority leader and floor leader of the Hawaiian Senate. He also serves on all 16 Senate committees and on every special committee and subcommittee.

This poor guy.

Also wow, they actually paradropped Lingle OUT of Hawaii to put her in a state where there are actual Republicans so that she can one day run for office again. My reference is super dated.

imrs.php

This is probably one of the worst legacies of the Obama years, but I would put the blame on Tim Kaine and DWS for their incompetence since 2010.

Can this even be reversed?

Also did not know New Hampshire's legislature is controlled by Republicans. God damn the Democrats outside the White House are a mess.

User1608

Banned
Hah, so jelly. Wish I could support Hillary some other way outside of sharing a few informative articles and talking about her policies with people.

wait what, most of your states have bicameralism?

....but why? Like, it can sorta make sense if you're a California or Texas or whatever, but why in gods name would places like Wyoming or whatever have it?

imrs.php

This is probably one of the worst legacies of the Obama years, but I would put the blame on Tim Kaine and DWS for their incompetence since 2010.

Can this even be reversed?

Also did not know New Hampshire's legislature is controlled by Republicans. God damn the Democrats outside the White House are a mess.

Try to get as many governorships as possible in 2018 and hope for a huge Dem landslide across the country in 2020. So yeah not going to happen. 2018 will be incredibly bloody for the Dems.

pigeon

Banned

....but why? Like, it can sorta make sense if you're a California or Texas or whatever, but why in gods name would places like Wyoming or whatever have it?

I like your confidence that our state houses would naturally be organized for maximum utility and effectiveness.

Argyle

I honestly have no idea who even goes to a closed GOP caucus in Hawaii. Is it just Linda Lingle in a room trying to decide who she likes the best?

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/31400864/supporters-rally-for-trump

There are dozens of them. DOZENS!

OMG.

This poor guy.

Also wow, they actually paradropped Lingle OUT of Hawaii to put her in a state where there are actual Republicans so that she can one day run for office again. My reference is super dated.

Sam Slom was apparently hospitalized recently, too. He just endorsed Cruz...

http://www.civilbeat.com/2016/03/hawaii-gop-senator-likes-cruz/

The upper houses tend to be kind of redundant because all state legislative bodies must elect representatives from districts of roughly equal population. So the upper houses are usually just like the lower houses but with bigger districts and sometimes longer terms.

I don't get people that say "don't show exit polls until the polls are closed."

Ummm I guess but they never just flat out say "candidate x" is winning before the polls close. It's just characterization of where the race could be. Is it close? is the most probable answer you could gleem from them. And even then, they're not gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom