• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump's conspiracy about the unemployment rate is still so frightening, he's disconnected entirely from reality.

People cheering so much for guns in a week with three mass shootings is fucking weird, okay.

Splendor

I'm pretty sure Christie would murder most of the people who have been floated for Dem VP in a debate.

He's going to flip in the general. We've already seen signs of it from "Bush did 9/11" to "Planned Parenthood does great work"

I dont think those are moves to the middle as much as Trump does not have a specific party line besides "Other countries suck." The wall keeps getting higher and he has stuck to most of his guns it seems.

HylianTom

Banned
CcK0XUEWwAAjhaQ.jpg

Tom what is going on?

With MHP, I have no clue. This is pretty new to me.

(My "Kill the wabbit!" singing was a Looney Tunes reference. Whenever I hear Flight of the Valkyries, my instinct to sing along kicks-on..)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGhQ2BDt4VE

sangreal

Trump's conspiracy about the unemployment rate is still so frightening, he's disconnected entirely from reality.

that conspiracy lives just as strongly on the left. The truth is, there are a million ways to count unemployment but if you're going to make comparisons over time you need to stick to one

Splendor

that conspiracy lives just as strongly on the left. The truth is, there are a million ways to count unemployment but if you're going to make comparisons over time you need to stick to one

But to say 25% of people are unemployed like Trump said is ridiculous. Society would collapse at 25% unemployment.

sangreal

But to say 25% of people are unemployed like Trump said is ridiculous. Society would collapse at 25% unemployment.

25% is on the low end of what trump likes to claim lol

I'm just saying there is a real debate on how to count unemployment -- Trump is basically counting anyone who doesn't have a job, even if they can't work or retired. Regardless of whatever number you use, it doesn't make sense unless you are comparing it to the same metric. So Trump going with his made up 25% or 50% or whatever -- even if it was a real number -- doesn't work when comparing to the official unemployment rate since they aren't measuring the same people. I read diaries on dkos all the time doing the same thing. It's silly whoever does it

538 actually posted an article about the debate today: vhttp://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-is-the-real-unemployment-rate/

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
That's what they should really be hitting Hillary on. Not emails. The fact she basically destroyed the Republican party.

GnawtyDog

Banned
So O'Reilly is riding the "Bill and Hillary pushed Trump into the election" theory. It's their fault the party is going to shit.

It'll say everything there is to know about the "conservative movement" if that's true (however unlikely). Not so much about Bill or Hill. O'Reilly knows but he also knows majority of his audience is dumb as hell.

hawk2025

Tell that to all the people who lost their high paying factory jobs, and now have to work at walmart and mcDonald's.

Free trade deals bring in wealth that lines pockets of millionaires and billionaires. Clinton's horrible record on trade is one of the main reasons I support Bernie.

Base appeals to emotion won't change economic facts, sorry.

I feel for those people and think we should have a solid safety net for them. Protectionism is not the answer, and there's zero evidence that it is.

Democrats have more and more, correctly, listened to the empirical evidence in Trade, as the party is wont to do.

That's what they should really be hitting Hillary on. Not emails. The fact she basically destroyed the Republican party.

Shecantkeepgettingawaywithit.gif

Everything is the Clinton's fault. Didn't you get the email...oh wait. Never mind. No emails. Forget it.

Emails, what emails?

It'll say everything there is to know about the "conservative movement" if that's true (however unlikely). Not so much about Bill or Hill. O'Reilly knows but he also knows majority of his audience is dumb as hell.

Agreed.

sphagnum

Banned
It's amazing seeing a crowd of southern republicans cheering for tariffs. Why did democrats cede this issue again?

Because instead of standing for labor they wanted those sweet, sweet Reagan Democrat votes and big money donors.

I hope this election is a wakeup call to the Democrats that nobody wants neoliberalism.

Kyosaiga

Banned
So, there were a few people on my Facebook who were talking about Hillary's ties to Wal-Mart, so I decided to research myself. Turns out, surprise surprise, another bullshit line of attack.

Highlights:

In 1986, Sam Walton, the founder of Wal-Mart, had a problem. He was under growing pressure from shareholders — and his wife, Helen — to appoint a woman to the company’s 15-member board of directors.

So Mr. Walton turned to a young lawyer who just happened to be married to the governor of Arkansas, where Wal-Mart is based: Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Fellow board members and company executives, who have not spoken publicly about her role at Wal-Mart, say Mrs. Clinton used her position to champion personal causes, like the need for more women in management and a comprehensive environmental program, despite being Wal-Mart’s only female director, the youngest and arguably the least experienced in business.

“Did Hillary like all of Wal-Mart practices? No,” said Garry Mauro, a longtime friend and supporter of the Clintons who sat on the Wal-Mart Environmental Advisory Board with Mrs. Clinton in the late 1980s and worked with her on George McGovern’s 1972 presidential campaign.

“But,” Mr. Mauro added, “was Wal-Mart a better company, with better practices, because Hillary was on the board? Yes.”

John E. Tate, who served as a director with Mrs. Clinton from 1988 to 1992, recalled that by her third board meeting Mrs. Clinton had announced “that you can expect me to push on issues for women. You know that. I have a reputation of trying to improve the status of women generally, and I will do it here.”

Mr. Walton appeared relieved to have a woman on the board to deflect criticism, telling shareholders during the annual meeting in 1987 that the company had a “strong-willed young lady on the board now who has already told the board it should do more to ensure the advancement of women.”

Under her watch, the advisory group drew up elaborate plans. Consumers would bring in used motor oil and batteries for recycling. Suppliers would reduce the size of their packaging. And Wal-Mart would build stores with energy-saving features.

Wal-Mart executives put much of the program into place. In 1993, for example, they opened an experimental “eco-store” in Kansas, with skylights and wooden beams from forests that had not been clear cut.

One executive derided it as “Hillary’s store” because it was more expensive to build than the average Wal-Mart, but several of its features, like the skylights that cut energy bills by reducing the need for artificial lighting, were widely copied across the industry.

“We were on the leading edge of something that is being mandated now,” said Bill Fields, the head of merchandise at Wal-Mart in the early 1990s who worked closely with Mrs. Clinton on the environmental project.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/20/us/politics/20walmart.html?_r=0

In other words, Hilldawg being awesome as usual.

Holmes

Well, you shit-posted a blatant lie attacking Bernie supporters like a lot of Hillary supporters have done en mass for months now, so, you know. That and you essentially compared Bernie to Trump, which is the weirdest most illogical comparison possible.
I didn't do any of that. You're reading too much into it. There is an overlap whether you like it or not. These are the "fuck the establishment", "all politicians suck" people, and Trump's and Sanders' rhetoric is red meat to them. I didn't say there's a big overlap, but it's there, and in a 4 way race, everything matters and it would make a difference.

It's incredible that a Muslim couple killing 14 people is worth banning an entire religion from the country according to Trump but that the 20 people killed in mass shootings this week are small potatoes.

Maybe it's that Muslims tend to have a different skin color than Trump's supporters? (Yes, fucking asshole, die)

Ekai

I didn't do any of that. You're reading too much into it. There is an overlap whether you like it or not. These are the "fuck the establishment", "all politicians suck" people, and Trump's and Sanders' rhetoric is red meat to them. I didn't say there's a big overlap, but it's there, and in a 4 way race, everything matters and it would make a difference.

So you deny the shit-post and then repeat literally what you said in the shit-post. Got it. All you did here was amend it ever so slightly to it's "not a big overlap" rather than the sweeping generalization you made before.

It's incredible that a Muslim couple killing 14 people is worth banning an entire religion from the country according to Trump but that the 20 people killed in mass shootings this week are small potatoes.

Maybe it's that Muslims tend to have a different skin color than Trump's supporters? (Yes, fucking asshole, die)
Your posts almost always sound forlorn and angry. Not defending anything. Just saying, if you wallow in negativity all the time, your life will start to feel bitter and miserable

Ekai

The two party system basically prevents the destruction of the party, but it's nice to dream.

We've had parties die out in this system in the past. It's not like it couldn't happen again. There are parallels here to past elections.

My life is pretty happy to be honest. Racism makes me mad though.

I'm not really forlorn?
Glad to hear it. I've read probably hundreds of your posts and they do often give off a gloomy/angry vibe

I made a joke about the blm thing a few pages ago kev, i thought it was funny.
Ccs said his life's dream was to be at a party with hillary clinton and i said i hope you arent a blm activist then. 7/10, topical

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Want to know how crazy the past two days have been?

Thursday morning started with OMG HILLARY BLM PROTESTOR SCANDAL and now no one even remembers that.

Holmes

So you deny the shit-post and then repeat literally what you said in the shit-post. Got it. All you did here was amend it ever so slightly to it's "not a big overlap" rather than the sweeping generalization you made before.
Sounds like you don't like my argument. Instead of getting upset over it, how about actually trying to refute me? I left myself very open to a rebuttal by not posting any polling info or whatnot because I'm on mobile. You can do better than crying shitposting when you see a point of view you disagree with.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member

At least take solace in that most of what Trump says is bullshit. I'm not saying he's going to move to the center but you can tell he panders harder than any other candidates. Dude is not really a conservative.
So, there were a few people on my Facebook who were talking about Hillary's ties to Wal-Mart, so I decided to research myself. Turns out, surprise surprise, another bullshit line of attack.

Highlights:

In other words, Hilldawg being awesome as usual.
Dude you have to at least source this.

Ekai

What, the civil war? lol

As I stated earlier, when The Federalist party up and lost all relevance. Issues surrounding Burr, Hamilton, Adams, Jefferson, Pinckney etc. collided to eventually result in the complete death of The Federalists. This was also the time when the Union essentially stopped using popular vote to determine President and Vice President as they found it was possible for a pairing to form that were from opposing parties. Which is what happened. It was also Burr who started what essentially amounts to rallying for votes. Etc. There's quite a lot of our nation's history and how our politics work that is tied to the death of The Federalist party. There's a podcast I listen to, mostly about video games, that covered the subject rather well.

Sounds like you don't like my argument. Instead of getting upset over it, how about actually trying to refute me? I left myself very open to a rebuttal by not posting any polling info or whatnot because I'm on mobile. You can do better than crying shitposting when you see a point of view you disagree with.

It's not a disagreeance on point of view, you just straight up shit-posted. You compared Bernie to Trump and argued that there's a huge overlap in Bernie and Trump supporters. Also without any proof whatsoever because there frankly isn't any. Which is pure insanity. The two are nothing alike and anyone who supports Bernie on "anti-establishment" alone never cared for his positions in the first place. Not to mention outside of literally one poster here on Gaf I have never seen anyone anywhere say they will vote for Trump if Bernie doesn't win the nom. I'm sure there are small pockets of that but to claim there's some definite overlap is just ridiculous. It dismisses Bernie and his supporters and why they support his positions.

You shitposted about Bernie and his supporters, made wild accusations comparing the two and then expect to get away with it without being called out for what it is? Are you serious right now? This "I am entitled to get away with shit-posting about you, you just cry and don't like an opposing view" from some Hillary supporters is nothing more than the same brand of bullying that Trump employs on the right. You are entitled to whatever you want to post but don't expect to just get away with your insults. I refuted your point already, you just don't like being refuted. I tire very much of this bullying attitude.

Hillary is such a shitbag for how she talked over the BLM protester and refused to apologize for saying that we should bring them (black youth) to heel. Let's get back to the issues?!

It's about to cost her the primary. She dun goofed this time.

Kangi

Hillary is such a shitbag for how she talked over the BLM protester and refused to apologize for saying that we should bring them (black youth) to heel. Let's get back to the issues?!

I mean.

Whatever gives you hope, I guess...

I wouldnt call her that, but it doesnt help the perception of her being a phony when she says racial justice will be the mission of her presidency and then this happens

hawk2025

Want to know how crazy the past two days have been?

Thursday morning started with OMG HILLARY BLM PROTESTOR SCANDAL and now no one even remembers that.

Yeah, you are ri--

Spoke too soon!

Bowdz

Lol, Wednesday evening called, they want their headline back.

March 1st (Super Tuesday):

Hillary Clinton has a greater than 99% chance of winning the Texas primary.
Hillary Clinton has a greater than 99% chance of winning the Georgia primary.
Hillary Clinton has a greater than 99% chance of winning the Virginia primary.
Hillary Clinton has a 98% chance of winning the Arkansas primary.
Hillary Clinton has a 98% chance of winning the Tennessee primary.
Hillary Clinton has an 82% chance of winning the Massachusetts primary.
Hillary Clinton has a 78% chance of winning the Oklahoma primary.

March 8th:

Hillary Clinton has a 97% chance of winning the Michigan primary.

March 15:

Hillary Clinton has a greater than 99% chance of winning the Florida primary.
Hillary Clinton has a greater than 99% chance of winning the Illinois primary.
Hillary Clinton has a 97% chance of winning the North Carolina primary.
Hillary Clinton has a 96% chance of winning the Ohio primary.

Yup. Things are lookin' pretty damn bad at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom