• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
CcMGSSJXEAEmD4s.jpg

Holy shit!

The realignment is being forced on the GOP. 35 and under don't resemble the older gens on some social issues.

I+Love+This+Town.jpg

Okay, okay. What if Trump wins? Is there a realignment then?

It'd depend on how he won. Does he take the rust belt? I think you'd see a lot more Republican politicians emulating him in that scenario, enough to change the party.

Hmm, we'll see. Trump is hated by a lot of Republicans for being completely unlikable, but if Jeff Sessions could put on a show of being a nice person for 9 months (like Kasich does), then he would dominate 2020.

Trump's nationalism and racism is what attracts people and you could do that without being as fucking weird and petty as he is and while being actually pro-labor.

Basically, people that want to run in 2020 for the GOP should be studying Nixon for the next few years.
Yeah, I just don't know if they have any Presidential candidate willing and capable of toeing that line.

the hysteria coming from the right against trump is something else

I love paragraphs like this

I will never vote for Donald Trump because he’s a pro-gun control, pro-single-payer health care, pro-eminent domain, pro-abortion, and pro-statism liberal who will immediately revert to form when he’s finished selling his fauxservatism to people he patently views as rubes. I will never vote for Donald Trump, because absolutely nothing he can say or do will cover the fact he is obviously and blatantly lying every time his thin lips move and his freakishly tiny hands pound the podium.

Its not the racism and fascism, its that he won't let people die on the streets and won't ban women from controlling their body

You're telling me the poor people that have been voting for Republicans for the past 50 years have finally realized that tax cuts on rich people isn't making their lives any better?

Yo, SC will get called for Hill in less than 10 minutes no worries.

Polls close at 7PM ET. I expect a call at that time unless she's drastically under performing her polls.

Chill man. It's all on track.
I know, but I made the mistake of going on Daily Kos. Our queen has this but ugh. It's like Christmas Eve and im either getting a SNES or a shitty walkman. I want a SNES, damn it.

the hysteria coming from the right against trump is something else

I love paragraphs like this

Its not the racism and fascism, its that he won't let people die on the streets and won't ban women from controlling their body

Ted Cruz criticizing Trump for saying "I won't let [white] people die on the streets" (which is how everyone heard it due to Trump's racism) is the worst political attack of this cycle. Cruz coming out as pro white people dying on the streets as he's about to enter the pro-welfare south is one of the dumbest political things I could think of.

User 406

Banned
You're telling me the poor people that have been voting for Republicans for the past 50 years have finally realized that tax cuts on rich people isn't making their lives any better?

I think it's more that they've realized over the last eight years that the GOP establishment is incapable of stopping the usurper in the White House. :p

Ted Cruz criticizing Trump for saying "I won't let [white] people die on the streets" (which is how everyone heard it due to Trump's racism) is the worst political attack of this cycle. Cruz coming out as pro white people dying on the streets as he's about to enter the pro-welfare south is one of the dumbest political things I could think of.

Cruz was in disbelief that Trump wasn't checking off that box he deems essentially to being a Republican. It's pretty interesting how every attack from the right on Trump has been a dismal failure.

Just an anecdotal observation but all the Republican relatives/acquaintances I know have said they will never vote for Trump. They wouldn't vote for Hillary if there was a third party option though.

Rubenov

Cruz was in disbelief that Trump wasn't checking off that box he deems essentially to being a Republican. It's pretty interesting how every attack from the right on Trump has been a dismal failure.

And Rubio yelling from the other side, "you know this is a Republican debate!" while that "die on the streets" exchange was going on was even more telling. Sad.

Fleetwood Mac. Silver Springs on repeat while you fall asleep until 7pm tomorrow.

Ha. Sounds good. I sleep to trance music though.

Panic at the Disco or Panic! at the Disco?

The latter but I was too damn lazy to put the ! since I'm on mobile.

Is that an oldies band?
Panic! is life. They're definitely not oldies. I'm fixing to get my first tattoo inspired by lyrics from the song Northern Downpour.

HylianTom

Banned
I took a few shots now I'm in bed listening to Panic at the Disco. At 11:30 on a Friday. I'm getting so damn old.
Embrace it. Getting old rocks.

I'm sipping a nightcap and watching the Chris Evert episode of SNL from '89 - the episode after the wall came down in Berlin. It's also the first appearance of Lyle, the Effeminate Heterosexual!

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/lyle-billup/n9824
(semi-offensive, pretty hilarious)

Tomorrow is going to be fun. This year is going to be fun. Hell, with everything going-on within the GOP, I'm starting to feel greedy. I want the House back, if only for two years.

Kangi

I know, but I made the mistake of going on Daily Kos. Our queen has this but ugh. It's like Christmas Eve and im either getting a SNES or a shitty walkman. I want a SNES, damn it.

I'll vote with all of my heart and soul tomorrow and win it for your queen, Adam.

Bowdz

I'm sipping a nightcap and watching the Chris Evert episode of SNL from '89 - the episode after the wall came down in Berlin. It's also the first appearance of Lyle, the Effeminate Heterosexual!

Tomorrow is going to be fun. This year is going to be fun. Hell, with everything going-on within the GOP, I'm starting to feel greedy. I want the House back, if only for two years.

Now that's the spirit. Dems should be fighting as hard as they can't to blunt ANY claims the GOP is going to try and make to deny a Dem president their legitimacy. That means:
1. Decisive EC and PV victory for the presidential election.
2. Retake the Senate
3. Eat into the GOP gains in the house

We need to fight until November 4th.

(semi-offensive, pretty hilarious)

I've had a shitty week so I'm putting too much in tomorrow. Just gotta chill and it'll all be good.

I'll vote with all of my heart and soul tomorrow and win it for your queen, Adam.
Bless you. Get it!

Bowdz

Have we talked about just how boned Cruz is?

Looking at the 538 models, Cruz is behind Rubio is almost all of the SEC States that his entire campaign is depending on. He is only ahead in TX. I never would have imagined Rubio running ahead of Cruz in Alabama and Georgia. WTF.

Looking at the 538 models, Cruz is behind Rubio is almost all of the SEC States that his entire campaign is depending on. He is only ahead in TX. I never would have imagined Rubio running ahead of Cruz in Alabama and Georgia. WTF.

Nobody in the south cares about libertarian ideas. Cruz had delusions about the Dixiecrats being more conservative than they accurately are.

That cartoon is great. I'm not even that excited for tomorrow. It's a foregone conclusion Hillary wins. They will call it the second polls close.

Grief.exe

Rush Limbaugh has been pushing so hard for Trump the last six months, he barely mentioned another candidate until Trump brought up how great Planned Parenthood is and George Bush didn't keep us safe during 9/11 in the debate before last.

Rubenov

Cruz crashed when he couldn't follow through after Iowa. He'll claim victory in Texas and that's it.

Makai

Rush Limbaugh has been pushing so hard for Trump the last six months, he barely mentioned another candidate until Trump brought up how great Planned Parenthood is and George Bush didn't keep us safe during 9/11 in the debate before last.
He's been for Cruz for a while.

Cerium

That cartoon is great. I'm not even that excited for tomorrow. It's a foregone conclusion Hillary wins. They will call it the second polls close.

It'll upset some markets on PredictIt.

I've got some Hillary in Maine shares I bought at basement prices. It's only a $30 risk since I don't actually expect her to win the state, but a blowout in South Carolina will probably send the price climbing by at least 5-10%. I'll probably unload them then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom