• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

CcLY78EXIAAPhQb.jpg

Man, this general election is going to be so hard!

I'm going to need "scared" to get above 60% before I feel comfortable.

Got off the phone earlier tonight with a number of relatives (black family members) to Berniesplain to them (lol)

Didn't have to do much. Family in Maryland, Florida and Georgia already planned on voting for him. Need to call an Aunt in NYC (who I'm pretty sure is deeply religious) who might be a tough sell. We'll see.

The thing I look forward to the most is Republicans' reaction when Hillary appoints a liberal-as-fuck Justice to replace Scalia, confirmed by a Democratic Senate. I want them to know that it is 100% their fault for being dicks to Obama.

I also look forward to her appointing liberal-as-fuck successors to Ginsburg and Kennedy, who will both hopefully retire.

In the meantime I will sit back and enjoy this election season, and quietly judge the character of all the idiots who vote for Trump.

Bowdz

The thing I look forward to the most is Republicans' reaction when Hillary appoints a liberal-as-fuck Justice to replace Scalia, confirmed by a Democratic Senate. I want them to know that it is 100% their fault for being dicks to Obama.

I also look forward to her appointing liberal-as-fuck successors to Ginsburg and Kennedy, who will both hopefully retire.

In the meantime I will sit back and enjoy this election season, and quietly judge the character of all the idiots who vote for Trump.

Yeah, I usually tend to be of the mindset that the Dems should rise above the antics of the GOP and actually be the better people in some quasi-delusional sense that someday a broader swath of America will buy into good governance over scare mongering, but not on the SCOTUS.

I sincerely hope the Dems, if they are fortunate enough to retake the Senate, go nuclear and shove the most liberal judges imaginable down the GOP's throats for payback for all of the bullshit they've done to/given Obama. As HylianTom pointed out earlier today, if the Dems take the Senate and the presidency, the future gets pretty damn secure. Hillary can replace Scalia, RBG, and Breyer ensuring that even if they lose it all in 2020, the bench will live on.

Trump winning the nomination is a dream I never knew I wanted until this year. It's going to be so good. Hillary winning with a democratic senate majority would be amazing.

HylianTom

Banned
Yeah, I usually tend to be of the mindset that the Dems should rise above the antics of the GOP and actually be the better people in some quasi-delusional sense that someday a broader swath of America will buy into good governance over scare mongering, but not on the SCOTUS.

I sincerely hope the Dems, if they are fortunate enough to retake the Senate, go nuclear and shove the most liberal judges imaginable down the GOP's throats for payback for all of the bullshit they've done to/given Obama. As HylianTom pointed out earlier today, if the Dems take the Senate and the presidency, the future gets pretty damn secure. Hillary can replace Scalia, RBG, and Breyer ensuring that even if they lose it all in 2020, the bench will live on.

I've love for her to get two terms so that the odds of her replacing Kennedy (turns 80 in July) go up as well. That'd give us a relatively young liberal 6-3 majority.

===

Former NJ Gov. Whitman: If Trump Is Nominee, I'm Voting Clinton
Former GOP New Jersey Gov. Christie Whitman says if Donald Trump is the party's presidential nominee, she'll vote for Democratic contender Hillary Clinton, the Star Ledger reports.
The two-term Whitman, a longtime moderate Republican, announced Friday she was backing longshot presidential candidate Ohio Gov. John Kasich, the newspaper reports.

But she tells columnist Tom Moran she'd jump the party ship if Trump winds up as the Republican nominee — and claims she won't be alone.

"You'll see a lot of Republicans do that," Whitman said, Moran writes. "We don't want to. But I know I won't vote for Trump."

Excellent. C'mon, gender gap!

Iolo

Everyone predicting 30-40 point wins, why do you do this to yourselves? Better to predict a 15 point win and be pleasantly surprised, than a 40 point win and be disappointed.

Hillary 58 Sanders 42

PBY

Banned
Still think the craziest thing to happen today is Trunp actually making Rubio sweat memes.

This is a thing that happened, no retweets.

Holmes

Everyone predicting 30-40 point wins, why do you do this to yourselves? Better to predict a 15 point win and be pleasantly surprised, than a 40 point win and be disappointed.

Hillary 58 Sanders 42
I got my by 64% by assuming (probably falsely) that the primary will be about 55% black, 45% white just like 2008 again. It might be more if the absentee data is predictive of turnout tomorrow. I assumed Clinton ties among whites, and gets 75% of blacks. 45% * 0.5 = 22.5%, 55% * 0.75 = 41.25%, 22.5% + 41.25% = 63.75 ~ 64%.

Chichikov

Just woke for the Christie news.
The phrase ayy lmao gets thrown around a lot these days...

And hot damn, Christie went HARD on R.O.B.I.O. he must really hates his guts.

Iolo

I got my 16% margin by assuming (like his campaign surrogates have said) that Sanders "wins" if he keeps it at 15% or under. Anything higher is therefore cause for celebration!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Just woke for the Christie news.
The phrase ayy lmao gets thrown around a lot these days...

And hot damn, Christie went HARD on R.O.B.I.O. he must really hates his guts.

I wonder the same thing now, that debate takedown must have been more emotional than strategic. So perhaps the endorsement had more to do with his dislike of Rubio. Plus, nobody likes Cruz.

Christie's obviously a huge opportunistic; but he apparently also loathes Rubio for becoming the anointed wunderkind of the party establishment (which he obviously thinks should have been him) without having achieved anything of real accomplishment.

I am being bombarded by ads from the "Our Principles PAC" on YouTube and GAF that are attacking Trump because he's not conservative.

Let me tell you something, Our Principles PAC, you are wasting your money. And no, not just because I'm seeing them and I'm not a Republican primary voter (nor would I ever vote for Trump) but because this attack does not work. A fool and his money...

Makai

He's obviously a huge opportunistic; but he apparently also loathes Rubio for becoming the anointed wunderkind of the party establishment (which he obviously thinks should have been him) without having achieved anything of real accomplishment.
Trump's accomplishment is his business?

Teggy

I love how Twitter responds to hugely successful trending topics with lame ass attempts at counterprogramming. #alwaystrump, #neverhillary, #neverbernie - yeah, good luck with that.

Kangi

H 62
B 38

I may revise that after getting a feel for the other voters I see. It's a neighborhood polling place, so I'll get the deets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom