• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

Hillary got more of the black vote than Obama in '08. That is stunning.

there is nothing but incredible news in these numbers for hillary

people were talking like it was going to be 60-40 or 70-30 at best among the black vote a week ago

you know before he decided to write off black people

Bernie supporters here and elsewhere seem to be taking it well. Which makes sense, everyone saw this coming
Not quite
headsallempty • 37m
Looking ahead, I think Monday has the potential to be a very interesting day. Firstly, the State Department will be releasing the remainder of Hillary Clinton's emails. (I know they will try to wait until the last possible minute in order to minimize their effect on Super Tuesday voters but if there is anything news worthy in them, it will be all over the news as people head to the polls on Tuesday.)

Secondly, this is just a hunch but I think there is a decent chance that Elizabeth Warren endorses Bernie on Monday. She has been on a warpath against Wall Street this week and if she wanted to give Bernie (who shares her views) as big of a boost as possible, Monday is when she would endorse him.

Lastly, there is a rumor going around (that has been verified by people on major news networks) that a reporter has gotten a hold of Hillary's Goldman Sachs speech transcripts. If he or she were looking to make as big of a splash as possible with this story he or she would release it on Monday. If the speeches are as bad for Hillary as they are rumored to be this would be a career defining story for whoever reported it.

I doubt that all 3 of these things will happen on Monday but the potential is certainly there. Either way it should be a very interesting couple of days.
New whitey tape incoming monday yall
Obama got 59%. She out performed Obama among AA voters in SC.
This is amazing. Like for real.

But what is the actual turnout for Democrats like? I'm kind of worried that if double the Rs are showing up, no amount of support for a D will matter
I'm not changing that sentence

Or is the R vote up because the amount of candidates?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Holy shizzle that's Obama level of support. If it's really 85% I expect Bernie to be clobbered senselessly. Like under 25% vs Hillary's 71% or something

Yeah, I did not expect that much at all. I wonder how much Sanders attacking Obama hurt him and kept him from making any in-roads at all among other reasons.

I...actually don't find this that surprising? They were both good candidates in 2008 and I totally buy that there were more AA voters choosing Hillary over Obama than there were Sanders over Hillary

2008 was rough, both were excellent candidates. Obama won the generational change message.

Being closer to Obama serving closely with him has helped allot IMO for this year.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
With Rubio melting down like this, is he damaging his future?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

There may be unintended side effects. I wonder if Kaisch and Carson may get a boost as being the only Adults on the stage last debate.

Brinbe

Hopefully, once Bernie bows out she can do a good job of getting younger voters on her side. Once she has that Obama coalition (women, minorities, youth) firmly in place, she'll be a good lock for the general.

What future? I don't see where he goes from here. He will likely run for governor but given how unpopular he is in the state in large part due to his absentee senate career...I think he's too damaged.

Trump winning really destroys his future even more. If Kasich or any of the other establishment candidates had won, Rubio would be a likely VP pick. With Trump in control of the party this year there's no room for Rubio, and who knows what will happen in the next four years.

fantomena

Hopefully, once Bernie bows out she can do a good job of getting younger voters on her side. Once she has that Obama coalition firmly in place, she'll be a good lock for the general.

The amount of young voters that voted for Bernie brings me hope that USA might be a western European democracy in the future.

Remember how salty The Young Turks were last time? Back at it it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg8wnIiAhnA

fukushima-nuclear-_1848110c.jpg

Kusagari

I feel like Rubio is going to be damaged goods period after this.

Can you imagine if he seriously never wins a single state and runs again? Other candidates could pick him apart on that.

Owzers

Has anyone ever said " i wish more candidates would act like Trump"? One Trump was enough. I hope Rubio doesn't get anything out of this.

I feel like Rubio is going to be damaged goods period after this.

Can you imagine if he seriously never wins a single state and runs again? Other candidates could pick him apart on that.
The bigger problem is that he will be holding no political office and he's hardly a shoe-in for Governor.

There may be unintended side effects. I wonder if Kaisch and Carson may get a boost as being the only Adults on the stage last debate.

I do kind of wonder whether some Rubio supporters might switch to Kasich. I see some logic in attacking Trump to try and provoke him, but the last couple days have felt more like Rubio stooping down to Trump's level. If you're trying to position yourself as the anti-Trump candidate, I don't see that as a strong strategy. The people who like that are mostly voting Trump anyway and Trump's more of a natural at it anyway. I can certainly see it turning off some voters who saw Rubio as a more serious (lol) candidate though. At the very least it's risky. Though I suppose when you're behind you need to start taking some risks.

Brinbe

After the way he quit on the Senate, I don't see how any electorate will be comfortable voting Rubo in for any office. I'd like to see him run for governor in a state he's loathed in.

Suikoguy

I do kind of wonder whether some Rubio supporters might switch to Kasich. I see some logic in attacking Trump to try and provoke him, but the last couple days have felt more like Rubio stooping down to Trump's level. If you're trying to position yourself as the anti-Trump candidate, I don't see that as a strong strategy. The people who like that are mostly voting Trump anyway and Trump's more of a natural at it anyway. I can certainly see it turning off some voters who saw Rubio as a more serious (lol) candidate though. At the very least it's risky. Though I suppose when you're behind you need to start taking some risks.

The attacks have come from such a childish level in many cases. The pants wetting comment is so juvenile for example. Which is also why it comes across as incredibly desperate.

In a complete reversal of New Hampshire, Clinton does better among lower income voters.

(this might just be a reflection of race, but still)

Kusagari

After the way he quit on the Senate, I don't see how any electorate will be comfortable voting Rubo in for any office. I'd like to see him run for governor in a state he's loathed in.

The Democratic bench in Florida is so bad he probably has a significant chance at winning anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom