• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

uaA1H1H.png

A new personal high. It feels like getting a top score in a video game.

Riddle me this Poligaf, would the game be different if GOP had super delegates?
I don't think so. Super delegates would only decide and election in a scenario where it's incredibly close.

You can't use them to swing a massive victory and give it to a Rubio. It would come off as a betrayal to the voters. They'd be better off handing it to trump than dealing with the backlash and outrage essentially overruling republican voters and picking their guy

Kangi

Oh man. Bernie indirectly insulted SC voters like that?

I'm telling you he's a narcissist and a jerk. I still think he's going to flirt with going third party.

Yeah... that will be the moment that took me from, "he's serving a purpose" to "Screw this guy."

I'm not an idiot, Senator Sanders. But I'd feel like I would be if I bothered to vote for you only to be repaid like this.

teiresias

Sitting in a gay bar, sipping my dirty martini, and flirting with the cute bartender while following PoliGAF and living for Ma' QUEEEEN!!! How awesome is tonight?! So awesome!!!

Drakeon

Probably a bad bet. I'd think he will go with a female or hispanic politician to help his favorability with those demographics.

I think that's what a normal politician would do. I don't think Trump follows that logic, so I could easily see Christie, because he likes him.

Trump's going to have a more limited pool of people willing to be his VP than a traditional candidate, I don't think the normal rules apply.

Cerium

Trump's going to have a more limited pool of people willing to be his VP than a traditional candidate, I don't think the normal rules apply.

I think it's just the opposite; he'll have a wider pool because he'll be willing to consider people that no regular candidate would ever look at.

I'd guess is the number one issue and the reason this happened was because he said he had some disagreements with Obama. Thats probably what Clinton's ground game told them and they saw it as a front to the king.

Cerium

I'd guess is the number one issue and the reason this happened was because he said he had some disagreements with Obama. Thats probably what Clinton's ground game told them and they saw it as a front to the king.

I took that shit personally. Nobody insults Emperor Obama.

My biggest reason for supporting Hillary is that she is clearly his favored successor to his legacy.

I think it's just the opposite; he'll have a wider pool because he'll be willing to consider people that no regular candidate would ever look at.

Well that's the same sentiment as mine just worded differently. Predicting who he will pick is difficult and not something I'd put money on.

The Clinton campaign making it known that Bernie wanted Obama primaried probably killed him.

I think that's what a normal politician would do. I don't think Trump follows that logic, so I could easily see Christie, because he likes him.

Eh, I think Trump is a smarter businessman than that. Sandoval would be the pick I would go with, but I don't know if Sandoval would go on the ticket with him. Nikki Haley is also a good pick, but won't go on his ticket.

sangreal

Yes, we only know what Clinton's ground game tells us. You could go this route, or read up on the long history between Hillary and the black community in South Carolina. Your comment has no more basis in reality than someone saying the only reason people support Bernie is that he said he had some disagreements with Obama.

You know it's a fucking insane primary when one of the biggest political parties in the world is about to lead by an insanely over the top climate denier (Whether Trump, Rubio, or Cruz wins) and no one gives a shit.

Trump has called for the elimination of the EPA and believes that global warming is a conspiracy started by China and he's not the worst environmentalist in contention! And those comments aren't even in his top 100 most insane. What a fucking horrible time.

This was posted earlier on the situation. Her ground game was simply better, even on top of the strong connections with Bill and Obama.

Sanders, on the other hand, struggled to gain traction with black voters in South Carolina, hampered by the very thing that has lifted him elsewhere: his position as an outsider and newcomer on the state’s political scene. Attempts at outreach came late and were described by some local African-American leaders as ham-fisted.

The Clinton campaign’s South Carolina ground operation launched on the day she announced her presidential bid last April. At the time, she was the clear frontrunner and had the fundraising to match. That early edge let Clinton hire experienced local staff and set up shop in South Carolina long before Sanders was seen as anything more than a long-shot challenger with little national profile.

“We were in this state first. The day we launched this campaign, we had staff in the state,” said Marlon Marshall, Clinton’s director of states and political engagement.

Sanders just got into it too late. Ton of spending and recruitment in the state, but relatively late in the game.

danm999

The Clinton campaign making it known that Bernie wanted Obama primaried probably killed him.

Playing it off like it was a disagreement between friends was a bad strategy.

Sanders ran as a political outsider. But when the race comes to states where the political inside is quite popular, this was bound to happen without a master level pivot.

I took that shit personally. Nobody insults Emperor Obama.

My biggest reason for supporting Hillary is that she is clearly his favored successor to his legacy.

Me as well. I know many of HillaryGAF were with her in 2008, but not me. I'm an Obama guy, and would LOVE to vote for him again. Since I can't, and it's obvious he prefers Hillary as his successor, #ImWithHer

Bernie needed 26 delegates per Cook to get a tie at the end of this.

Final is looking to be 39 to 14.

There were also several SC super delegates who said today that the would support whoever won their state. There were 2 that I know of who said it, but please don't ask for names, I didn't jot it down.

sangreal

You know it's a fucking insane primary when one of the biggest political parties in the world is about to lead by an insanely over the top climate denier (Whether Trump, Rubio, or Cruz wins) and no one gives a shit.

Trump has called for the elimination of the EPA and believes that global warming is a conspiracy started by China and he's not the worst environmentalist in contention! And those comments aren't even in his top 100 most insane. What a fucking horrible time.

I mean, the entire Republican party denies climate science full stop. They've never not been led by someone who thinks this way, so I don't think that makes it an especially insane primary. Eventually they will have someone willing to speak truth to power the way Trump has on some of their other orthodox like Iraq/PP but I wouldn't bet on it happening before it is too late

Rubenov

Just dipping my toe in predictit. How are you guys finding all these markets? It seems pretty limited on the main page.

Click on US Elections / US Politics , etc.. on the left.

Be advised, not a lot of value right now in most markets. I'm expecting them to bring new ones around Super Tuesday or shortly after.

Holmes

Husband listening to TYT. Cenk seems to have said that Sanders pushed Clinton to come out in favor of same-sex marriage in 2013.

I mean, the entire Republican party denies climate science full stop. They've never not been led by someone who thinks this way, so I don't think that makes it an especially insane primary. Eventually they will have someone willing to speak truth to power the way Trump has on some of their other orthodox like Iraq/PP but I wouldn't bet on it happening before it is too late

Jeb Bush, in his final fuckless days, called climate change a big problem!

Armaros

This was posted earlier on the situation. Her ground game was simply better, even on top of the strong connections with Bill and Obama.

Sanders just got into it too late. Ton of spending and recruitment in the state, but relatively late in the game.

She also has history in the state, ignoring her setting up early when she announced her run.

She has personal connections to many of the leaders in the various communities.

Husband listening to TYT. Cenk seems to have said that Sanders pushed Clinton to come out in favor of same-sex marriage in 2013.

You're a good spouse.

I don't think I could make it through TYT without the promise of monetary compensation or a plethora of alcohol.

FiggyCal

Banned
Click on US Elections / US Politics , etc.. on the left.

Be advised, not a lot of value right now in most markets. I'm expecting them to bring new ones around Super Tuesday or shortly after.

Yeah. I'm just slapping myself for not putting everything on Trump months ago.

Edit: TYT is everything I hate about liberals and people who deny genocides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom