• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Well, these jelly beans were suppose to stay in my car for a snack but with Bernie's huge loss and all the hate here I need them. Alcohol would be better but I'm all out.

pigeon

Banned
I just can't wait until the infighting stops. I'm ready to not have people throwing stuff at me like I'm against everything they are for. I'm ready for us to stump the trump.

I mean, believe me, I feel the same way. I'm tired of being called a neocon or a sellout, and I'm definitely tired of people insinuating that as a minority voter I am basically stupid*.

* They don't mean me, of course, they mean those other minority voters.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
So how is hillary gonna deal with Trump? Dude is gonna unleash dankness upon the American people

I might have to play devil's advocate until November for the tremendous memes
I think she needs to stay cool and presidential while SuperPACs fuck him into the ground. Trump is too petty to be able to ignore a constant barrage of attacks. She can stick to the issues while Trump goes crazy. His beef with Megyn Kelly shows he can't take the heat.

Diablos

Turnout is estimated at about 363K votes, to the 532K in 2008.

Ignoring that Edwards was there too;

Based on exit poll figures, black turnout is down by about 70K votes. I could chalk this up to having the potentially first black president.

White turnout is down by about 100K votes. Sadly, I would also chalk this up up to having the potentially first black president. And I imagine a lot of these people voted in the Republican primary last week instead.

Youth turnout is down by about 20K votes.
Meh. That's not very good. What was turnout for the GOP in SC?

Holy shit, almost 738K votes for GOP candidates

That's not good for us

Primaries only bring out a small portion of the overall voting base, and the GOP has more consistent voters (i.e., ones that never miss a vote). Trump I'm sure is also helping this a bit.

Ugly. Goddamn that was ugly. Show some mercy, Hillary!

I love that PoliGAF is also drunk GAF. What is everyone working on tonight? I ran out of beer and switched to Bloody Marys.

Tequila. Always tequila. Bloody Mary's is ballsy at this time, but respect. I know I'll be drinking that in the morning.

Can't get a hang over if you never stop drinking!

Kidding. I just love pineapple Smirnoff.

Archer approach. Don't stop drinking or the perpetual hangover will literally kill you.

Paskil

All ya'll who weren't with Hillary in 2008....shame.

But you're right with Jesus now, so all is forgiven.

Just got to this point in the thread, almost caught up. Bout to make you jelly. I went to a Hillary rally in 2008 in here in Madison. Have a AFSCME for Hillary shirt and everything. Got right up near the front, standing event only. Shook her hand after she finished. Went on to vote for her in the primary (supporter from the start).

Diablos

Primaries only bring out a small portion of the overall voting base, and the GOP has more consistent voters (i.e., ones that never miss a vote). Trump I'm sure is also helping this a bit.
Yes but the huge gap can't be ignored. It suggests to me that Republicans are way more excited for this election.

NeoXChaos

#ShoveQueenieDownOurThroatsAgain
#ThousandsMarchingForBernie

you know Lawrence O'Donnelll is going to spin a Clinton win in MA as a loss for her. "She was up by x points".

Just got to this point in the thread, almost caught up. Bout to make you jelly. I went to a Hillary rally in 2008 in here in Madison. Have a AFSCME for Hillary shirt and everything. Got right up near the front, standing event only. Shook her hand after she finished. Went on to vote for her in the primary (supporter from the start).
Stop. Adam's penis can only get so erect.

Adam, there's the new name.

Just got to this point in the thread, almost caught up. Bout to make you jelly. I went to a Hillary rally in 2008 in here in Madison. Have a AFSMCE for Hillary shirt and everything. Got right up near the front, standing event only. Shook her hand after she finished. Went on to vote for her in the primary (supporter from the start).

You and me? We're bros.

I met her twice, once when I campaigned for her and once when I was volunteering for Obama. I love that woman. I legitimately love her. She's so damn smart and clever and....she's Hermione. She's Hermione Granger.

I'm going to do whatever it takes to meet her again this cycle!

Cerium

I don't drink. I do smoke weed, but I can't go overboard tonight because I'm attending a Jewish wedding tomorrow and apparently I need to hold something called a chuppah.

Drakeon

Yes but the huge gap can't be ignored. It suggests to me that Republicans are way more excited for this election.
If primary vote totals meant anything, then Bush should've lost in '88.

Democrats had higher turnout than the republicans with a shoe in candidate.

We didn't want any of that mess.

My mother will be deployed to shame anyone she knows who voted for Sanders.

Let's get your mom and my mom together, and just...release them on Reddit and see what happens?

Stop. Adam's penis can only get so erect.

Adam, there's the new name.

Yaaaassssss queenie ;)

I was drinking vodka as well, but tequila has seriously grown on me lately. Tequila + soda + lime = heaven.

I'ma get some when I go to store.

I don't drink. I do smoke weed, but I can't go overboard tonight because I'm attending a Jewish wedding tomorrow and I need to hold something called a chuppah.

In my experience Jewish weddings are the best place to smoke weed. Find the right person and you'll find everyone smoking in the back room. Just saying.

I'ma get some when I go to store.

Don't skimp on the tequila or you'll regret it in the morning.

Republicans seem to mostly be turning out people who don't normally vote in primaries but already vote GOP in Presidential elections. They're not adding new voters for November.

Cerium

In my experience Jewish weddings are the best place to smoke weed. Find the right person and you'll find everyone smoking in the back room. Just saying.

The groom is a huge stoner but I'm pretty sure this wedding is going to be sober.

I also think I'm going to be the only (non-Jewish) minority there besides the bride.

royalan

I'm not letting Bernie get away with thinking that he tried to earn the black vote. That Black South Carolinians just didn't know Bernie and weren't willing to break their relationships with the Clintons.

He didn't try. He threw money at the demographic and hooked Killer Mike.

Say what you want about Hillary, but one of her FIRST stops at the beginning of her campaign was with a Black sorority, talking about Black women entrepreneurs and Black businesses. She's talked about Black community building. She's ALSO talked about racial injustice. She's talked about intersectionality. She WENT to Flint. She is one of the few prominent white politicians to openly say that white people need to listen when Black people speak.

Quite simply put: on every level, every conceivable metric, Hillary has had a more well-rounded approach to addressing the Black community. It's as though she actually cares about the community...or at least bothered to do her homework.

In comparison, Bernie didn't even TRY to make those kinds of connections. He never tried to address the positivity in black communities. He never attempted to broaden his message to appeal to black people. Whenever Black people come up, it's incarceration rates and welfare. Is that all Black people are to you, Bernie? Does that sum us up?

SC was probably never in the cards for him, but he could have done better than a 50 point loss. But he didn't, because he didn't even try. He instead fled to the whitest states in the union to try to keep his "revolution" alive on the backs of young white liberals.

Holmes

you know Lawrence O'Donnelll is going to spin a Clinton win in MA as a loss for her. "She was up by x points".
Clinton never goes up in the polls. She only goes down. Look at tonight in South Carolina as evidence.

I think she needs to stay cool and presidential while SuperPACs fuck him into the ground. Trump is too petty to be able to ignore a constant barrage of attacks. She can stick to the issues while Trump goes crazy. His beef with Megyn Kelly shows he can't take the heat.
This is correct. Trump is a man-child. He can't let anything go. He couldn't resist going after Kasich, who's behind Carson and dead last in polls. The guy has such a massive, impossible ego, but it's nothing more than a hot air balloon. Hillary should start focusing on Trump after 3/15 and begin her general election strategy.

But with all that being said, she should run a serious fucking campaign. Like, the battle for the very soul of America stuff. Don't treat Trump like a clown or an unqualified businessman or someone out of his depth. Hit him on specifics. Social Security fund. CBO numbers. Bring out Al Gore's goddamn lockbox if you have to. The last thing she needs to do is not treat Trump's campaign seriously or "stay above it", especially when the mud begins to fly. Trump's going to bring out all the sordid history of Bill Clinton. That's the only thing he can control the media on. His general election playbook will be similar to the primary playbook. The dirty laundry will be aired every day. Maybe he will find new people who were "silenced" by the Clintons. White Water, Vince Foster, Ginnifer Flowers. It's going to be really horrid shitshow from Trump campaign and the media will be asking Clinton campaign to respond to all the shit being thrown. Hillary better find a way to control the narrative because Trump's going to be pulling stunts every night all the way to the election.

Paskil

You and me? We're bros.

I met her twice, once when I campaigned for her and once when I was volunteering for Obama. I love that woman. I legitimately love her. She's so damn smart and clever and....she's Hermione. She's Hermione Granger.

I'm going to do whatever it takes to meet her again this cycle!

Yup, I've never gotten the personal criticisms on her. I mean, it's definitely possible she's a completely different person when you work with/for her or are in close proximity to her over an extended period, but she immediately came across as a genuinely warm and caring person. Same with Chelsea.

The groom is a huge stoner but I'm pretty sure this wedding is going to be sober.

I also think I'm going to be the only (non-Jewish) minority there besides the bride.

That was me. My gf gets me in weddings all the time. Get in the right conversation and you'll be smoking with every elder in the party. Maybe it's a NY thing though...

Yup, I've never gotten the personal criticisms on her. I mean, it's definitely possible she's a completely different person when you work with/for her or are in close proximity to her over an extended period, but she immediately came across as a genuinely warm and caring person. Same with Chelsea.

You met Chelsea!? Ugh. I want to meet her. Supposedly, I met President Clinton when I was like 5, but I don't remember it. My dad took me to a rally in 1991/2. I don't remember it at all. Never have met Chelsea

The problem is, people project their own ideas on Hillary more than her own. She's got a great sense of humor. She's insanely smart. She works like a damn dog. All that shit, Ir esepct so much. She's just...she's not a natural politician, but she's a damn hard worker. Damn hard.

And, I said this earlier, but barring some drastic change...for the first time in history a woman will be at the top of the ticket of one of the two major parties. I mean....YES!

Cerium

That was me. My gf gets me in weddings all the time. Get in the right conversation and you'll be smoking with every elder in the party. Maybe it's a NY thing though...

I'm in NY lol. The groom is one of my best friends. At least half his family is conservative though, and not weed friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom