• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turnout is estimated at about 363K votes, to the 532K in 2008.

Ignoring that Edwards was there too;

Based on exit poll figures, black turnout is down by about 70K votes. I could chalk this up to having the potentially first black president.

White turnout is down by about 100K votes. Sadly, I would also chalk this up up to having the potentially first black president. And I imagine a lot of these people voted in the Republican primary last week instead.

Youth turnout is down by about 20K votes.

teiresias

Husband listening to TYT. Cenk seems to have said that Sanders pushed Clinton to come out in favor of same-sex marriage in 2013.

Freaking delusional. In a just world they'd lose every viewer they ever had and he'd crawl into the hole from which he came. Then again, I wouldn't be able to see how he pivots during the general election or if that happened at all.

That's what you get for basing your "revolution" around that demographic. At least wait until these people are in their thirties.

FiggyCal

Banned
I'm hoping the low turnout is just because people are okay with Hillary's coronation and there's no other legitimate candidate running. Because otherwise, I think it could be a bad sign for the general election. The republicans are killing it right now.

Cerium

jgM5M6f.jpg

I'm hoping the low turnout is just because people are okay with Hillary's coronation and there's no other legitimate candidate running. Because otherwise, I think it could be a bad sign for the general election. The republicans are killing it right now.
Fear of Trump will bring people out. Or else they deserve him.

I'm really happy about this result, obviously. But I think it tells us a few things.

The Obama coalition has decided that Hillary is the heir apparent. Hillary also has a strangle hold on women and older voters. This was also the first test of her ground game as it would be in a national election. This was the first primary she had a chance of winning, and shit worked out well. She knows how and where to target her supporters and can turn them out. The early voting numbers give me life, because that's the sign of a great game. Gives me hope for the general.

On the other hand in '04 turnout was roughly 290K. We just have to accept that '08 was the most intense primary in modern political history. It will take several very special candidates to draw that level of interest again.

I just can't wait until the infighting stops. I'm ready to not have people throwing stuff at me like I'm against everything they are for. I'm ready for us to stump the trump.

FiggyCal

Banned
Well I just went all in on one market without looking at polling. :/ smh I was so sure until I looked shit up.

Only 10 bucks though. I'll update if things go well. And if not; I'll keep it to myself from now on.

Holmes

Cenk and friends now complaining about Planned Parenthood supporting Clinton.
Freaking delusional. In a just world they'd lose every viewer they ever had and he'd crawl into the hole from which he came. Then again, I wouldn't be able to see how he pivots during the general election or if that happened at all.
There must be a reason why everyone on MSNBC hated him when he was a substitute anchor...

Based on exit poll figures, black turnout is down by about 70K votes. I could chalk this up to having the potentially first black president.

White turnout is down by about 100K votes. Sadly, I would also chalk this up up to having the potentially first black president. And I imagine a lot of these people voted in the Republican primary last week instead.

Could this be more like a incumbent primary? Or it could be that 2008 was one of a kind.

SmokeMaxX

Surprising that there's not a lot of info on the Colorado Caucus that's on Super Tuesday. I mean even less info than we had on Nevada.

Cerium

Cenk and friends now complaining about Planned Parenthood supporting Clinton.

There must be a reason why everyone on MSNBC hated him when he was a substitute anchor...

It still amazes me that Bernie Sanders is literally running to the right of Donald Trump on Planned Parenthood.

Obama has never given me reason to regret my support for him then.

Same. I love President Obama. I don't regret my vote for him at all. He's been transformational, and I have nothing but respect for him.

I regret being bitter for a while and not immediately jumping on the bandwagon. I got right with Jesus after a few weeks. Had my epiphany, and all was good.

FiggyCal

Banned
I remember my very conservative dad was a huge fan of Trump when he'd call in on Fox and Friends back in the day and I'd try to tell him that Trump was a complete idiot. Now my dad's saying he'll sit this election out or vote for Bloomberg.

It still amazes me that Bernie Sanders is literally running to the right of Donald Trump on Planned Parenthood.

That's not true at all. Bernie doesn't want to take funding away from planned parenthood, like Trump does.

I remember my very conservative dad was a huge fan of Trump when he'd call in on Fox and Friends back in the day and I'd try to tell him that Trump was a complete idiot. Now my dad's saying he'll sit this election out or vote for Bloomberg.

Is Bloomberg really a possibility? When I first heard about it, I thought it was just for the attention. I just don't see him getting the funding away from Hillary supporters to make a run and he would just end up losing.

#AlwaysTrump is still trending on Twitter at number 1 which is awesome to see. I wonder why the media refuses to talk about this but they were so quick to jump on #NeverJump shortly after that was trending.

danm999

Is Bloomberg really a possibility? When I first heard about it, I thought it was just for the attention. I just don't see him getting the funding away from Hillary supporters to make a run and he would just end up losing.

I'm pretty sure he only intended to jump in if it was Trump v Sanders.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
All ya'll who weren't with Hillary in 2008....shame.

But you're right with Jesus now, so all is forgiven.
I think she needed to lose 2008 to become the person I support today. Maybe I shouldn't cling to Game Change, but it confirmed a lot of what I thought of her campaign. It seemed ugly and disorganized to me. To this day, I'm not in love with her as a campaigner, but goddamn if I don't love the idea of her as President. She's tough and smart, and everything that's happened between 2008 and now shows that. She won me during the Benghazi hearings. I don't think she deserved it back then.

#AlwaysTrump is still trending on Twitter at number 1 which is awesome to see. I wonder why the media refuses to talk about this but they were so quick to jump on #NeverJump shortly after that was trending.

Hes literally doing his campaigning via free media/social media/facebook. I saw earlier that he was posting his policy plans on twitter with videos. And the funny thing is if you go to his website and hover over "positions" he only lists 5.

Yes, I think 2008 was ultimately anomalous. You had the potential first female and first black Presidential nominee; either way it was going to be momentous.

This year's GOP turnouts are probably anomalous too, but for horrific rather than historic reasons.

I think she needed to lose 2008 to become the person I support today. Maybe I shouldn't cling to Game Change, but it confirmed a lot of what I thought of her campaign. It seemed ugly and disorganized to me. To this day, I'm not in love with her as a campaigner, but goddamn if I don't love the idea of her as President. She's tough and smart, and everything that's happened between 2008 and now shows that. She won me during the Benghazi hearings. I don't think she deserved it back then.

2008 did make her way better. I see it when she speaks. I see it when she interacts with people. I notcie when she doesn't run from the fact that she'll be the 1st female President..

I just...I wanted her to win so badly. I'll take it 8 years later, but man I wanted it bad back then. Was super personal for me, but I'm all happy now. :)

Rubenov

Well I just went all in on one market without looking at polling. :/ smh I was so sure until I looked shit up.

Only 10 bucks though. I'll update if things go well. And if not; I'll keep it to myself from now on.

I did that once or twice starting out. You get better at it.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
2008 did make her way better. I see it when she speaks. I see it when she interacts with people. I notie when she doesn't run from the fact that she'll be the 1st President.

I just...I wanted her to win so badly. I'll take it 8 years later, but man I wanted it bad back then. Was super personal for me, but I'm all happy now. :)
I should have touched on more than just her loss turning her into a better politician. I think her time as Secretary of State, and as a senator and as a First Lady makes her more qualified than any candidate I can think of in history. She knows this shit like no one else.

Also I'm burning these brussel sprouts and fucking up dinner.

The Clinton campaign making it known that Bernie wanted Obama primaried probably killed him.
Yeah. This is a bigger deal than A lot of people think

I was talking to a Bernie fan friend of mine, and we had a debate and he was saying how Bernie did more than just March with MLK, he pushed hard for Jessie Jackson to run for president and be the first black president in 1988 etc

And I just said "well I wonder if Jackson won, who Bernie would have called to primary challenge him in 92''

Paskil

I woke up about 40 minutes ago from a long alcohol nap started about an hour before the polls closed. Still catching up on PoliGAF, but needed to post.

HOLY SHIT!

I was expecting something in the 60 range for Hillary, but not this. I saw that in Sanders' speech, he mentioned that this was just starting and Super Tuesday is coming up. Sanders, nooooooooooooooooooooooo. Super Tuesday probably going to be much worse for you. At this point, it is almost impossible for Sanders to come back, except if Hillary gets arrested (lol). Even then, there's precedent in Eugene Debs and she might still eke out the win, given her momentum.

Tesseract

Banned
So how is hillary gonna deal with Trump? Dude is gonna unleash dankness upon the American people

I might have to play devil's advocate until November for the tremendous memes

So how is hillary gonna deal with Trump? Dude is gonna unleash dankness upon the American people

I might have to play devil's advocate until November for the tasty memes

All I know is she better be prepared to constantly bring up the things he has said, over and over. He is going to say anything that comes to mind and make himself look like the better debater because of it.

Holmes

I might have to play devil's advocate until November for the tremendous memes
She previewed a bit of her playbook tonight in her victory speech. "We don't need to make American great again, it's always been great", "we don't need to be building a wall, we need to be breaking down barriers".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom