• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to stan so hard for her. Ugh, Uglee.

katy-perry-clinton--644x362.jpg

JOIN US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

Hindl

OT but does anyone have any good literature of the failures of the Dems in the 70s, and specifically the Carter administration's ineffectiveness? I don't know too much about it, although I've heard a big issue was him clashing with the Dems in Congress over ideology.

Wasn't there someone in an OT thread saying they want the GOP to abandon Trump and focus on winning the "Supreme Court elections" lol

I want that to be the new "We'll call the Supreme Court!" No one understands how any of this goddamn fucking shit works.

Some state Supreme Courts are elected. It works terribly in practice.

Of course my guess would be that anyone who thinks the SCOTUS is elected is unlikely to even be aware that there is such a thing as a state Supreme Court.

OT but does anyone have any good literature of the failures of the Dems in the 70s, and specifically the Carter administration's ineffectiveness? I don't know too much about it, although I've heard a big issue was him clashing with the Dems in Congress over ideology.

Do you have Netflix? If so, look up the CNN Seventies series, and watch the episode called "The State of the Union Is Not Good". It tells you just about everything you need to know about why Carter's presidency turned out to be such a dumpster fire.

Hindl

Do you have Netflix? If so, look up the CNN Seventies series, and watch the episode called "The State of the Union Is Not Good". It tells you just about everything you need to know about why Carter's presidency turned out to be such a dumpster fire.

I do thanks! Always up for a good documentary, I really enjoyed the Lee Atwater documentary

Makai

Winner Take All Politics covers the transition of the Carter era into the inequal society we have today.

New Yorker's Ryan Lizza retweeted this and I don't know how to embed a Twitter picture without it breaking, but is this really the Sanders campaign's response to the debate finally being set?

"Fortunately, we were able to move a major New York City rally scheduled for April 14 to the night before. We hope the debate will be with the inconvenience for thousands of New Yorkers who were planning to attend our rally on Thursday but will have to change their schedules to accommodate Secretary Clinton's jam-packed, high-dollar, coast-to-coast schedule of fundraisers all over the country."

royalan

This huge rally... That wasn't mentioned with all the other excuses they gave for not wanting to debate?

Sanders is so childish.

watershed

Banned
I just want this dem primary to be over already. I know it's not summer yet, but this party needs to unite so it can go strong against whoever the republican nominee is. Trump, Cruz, Kasich, or Ryan. The democratic party needs to be united and ready. Also, p.s. Paul Ryan wants to be president as much as he wanted to be speaker of the house, meaning A LOT, despite his bs public statements.

I think Hillary will hit him with not being a Democrat, the abortion thing and a few other things. She'll go a bit on the offensive against him.

I probably won't watch. I've gotten to the point I turn the channel every time I see Sanders.

It really pisses me off that John Kasich can be on CNN right now saying that they are going to a brokered convention and with a smile on his face talk about how he plans to take away the candidate that the people voted for. I'm not a republican but every single American and citizen of democracy around the world should be outraged by that. And nobody calls him out on it we just take it as part of the system. I hate Trump but that is plain hijacking of democracy

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think Hillary will hit him with not being a Democrat, the abortion thing and a few other things. She'll go a bit on the offensive against him.

I probably won't watch. I've gotten to the point I turn the channel every time I see Sanders.

I don't think she will hit him unless he hits her. There's really no reason to go negative IMO.

watershed

Banned
I don't think she will hit him unless he hits her. There's really no reason to go negative IMO.

True but Bernie is going to come out swinging and Hillary gets annoyed pretty easily. The only issue I see is that she's not particularly good at going negative, at least not against fellow democrats/liberals.

Well, he's going to hit her. There's no question in my mind. That's pretty much all he's been doing on all of his interviews lately. I don't think she'll let the artful smears go unchecked.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Well, he's going to hit her. There's no question in my mind. That's pretty much all he's been doing on all of his interviews lately. I don't think she'll let the artful smears go unchecked.

"Hoh hoh, let me just correct the record there *smile"

*bernie finger wag*

"Hoh hoh *smile* I think we agree on a lot more than we disagree on here"

*bernie really angry finger wag and hair flying*

"Hoh hoh Senator Sanders, I really respect what you said and let me tell you why I agree hoh hoh"

dramatis

Quick summary.

1. Hits harder for ratios in terms of companies taking advantage of the rules set in I.R.C. Section 7874 / other Treasury Regulations.

2. Hits "earning stripping" (which is basically reducing taxability by manipulating interest deductions.)
Thanks for the explanation.

ivysaur12

Banned
There this inherent sarcasm to popgafism that is not that hard to pick up, I think.

You obviously thought wrong!

In other news, I'm still pissed no one from the left decided to primary Dan Lipinski, but I guess we're worried about trying to primary Debbie Wasserman Schultz because.

starmud

I'm in one of the few republican strong holds in California, that is also fairly diverse... Cruz dosent even exist here. All I hear from co workers and neighbors is trump. It's a bit shocking. anyone who has been near the inland empire area knows how backwards it is out here.

I'm sure Bernie will win the counties out here as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom