• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, general election match ups for California because WHY NOT

Hillary Clinton defeats Donald Trump by 34 points, 60 percent to 26 percent.
Hillary Clinton defeats Ted Cruz by 25 points, 57 percent to 32 percent.
Hillary Clinton defeats John Kasich by 23 points, 56 percent to 33 percent.

Bernie Sanders defeats Donald Trump by 39 points, 63 percent to 24 percent.
Bernie Sanders defeats Ted Cruz by 35 points, 61 percent to 26 percent.
Bernie Sanders defeats John Kasich by 29 points, 57 percent to 28 percent.

When asked which candidate for president they would they want sitting in the Oval Office if there were a major terrorist attack on the U.S. today, 37 percent of registered voters said Clinton, 21 percent said Sanders, 15 percent said Trump, 9 percent said Cruz and 5 percent said Kasich.

#DeadHeat

katy-perry-story_647_102515050053.jpg

TAKE IT BACK.

*deletes PRISM*

Sorry man, I genuinely didn't mean that as attack snark, I just wanted to make a dumb joke. :X

That said, if we're talking about labels that don't have real historical context, any label used to delineate a segment of a group based on negative qualities of that segment will spark irritation from the larger group as well even if it isn't meant to generalize. Nothing you can really do about that, even if you try to come up with another term.

No worries! Like I said, I think I'm just being over-sensitive about something that really isn't all that worth getting worked up about. I genuinely was never bothered by being called a BernieBro, anyway!

And I think you're right with your second point. Which really makes my whole argument moot. :p

Gotchaye

Did Civ 5 with expansions seriously end up being better than Civ 4 BTS? Like, for games against real people even? My group dropped that turd a week after launch.

I bought EU4 because of Kabbles but I'm only halfway through the tutorial and it's been about a year now.

studyguy

California is seriously Trump country for the conservatives out here, telling you. I'd bet money that he underperforms in polls.
All those religious duders out inland are just lowkey Trumpers deep down, don't be fooled.

I really don't understand why Gov Basic is still in this. I mean, it keeps him out of Ohio, so it's a win/win for me, but still.

Also, my Berniebro bought me an Xbox One because I'm awesome. Game recommendations?

CCS

Banned
Did Civ 5 with expansions seriously end up being better than Civ 4 BTS? Like, for games against real people even? My group dropped that turd a week after launch.

I bought EU4 because of Kabbles but I'm only halfway through the tutorial and it's been about a year now.

In my opinion it is, some people will say not but it's certainly on the same general level as Civ 4 BTS.

Can we agree that Victoria 2 is better than both?

Maybe, maybe :p

Also, general election match ups for California because WHY NOT

Hillary Clinton defeats Donald Trump by 34 points, 60 percent to 26 percent.
Hillary Clinton defeats Ted Cruz by 25 points, 57 percent to 32 percent.
Hillary Clinton defeats John Kasich by 23 points, 56 percent to 33 percent.

Bernie Sanders defeats Donald Trump by 39 points, 63 percent to 24 percent.
Bernie Sanders defeats Ted Cruz by 35 points, 61 percent to 26 percent.
Bernie Sanders defeats John Kasich by 29 points, 57 percent to 28 percent.

When asked which candidate for president they would they want sitting in the Oval Office if there were a major terrorist attack on the U.S. today, 37 percent of registered voters said Clinton, 21 percent said Sanders, 15 percent said Trump, 9 percent said Cruz and 5 percent said Kasich.

This is the big number, imo. Kills one of the big black swan event fears in the crib.

CCS

Banned
I really don't understand why Gov Basic is still in this. I mean, it keeps him out of Ohio, so it's a win/win for me, but still.

Also, my Berniebro bought me an Xbox One because I'm awesome. Game recommendations?

Rocket League is on Xbox One now right? Play it immediately :p

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

I enjoyed it against the AI with expansions. I've heard quite a few good things though from other people. It's rare for a game to get that much better with an expansion pack.

What kinda of games you like?

I'd recommend EA access regardless.

And what's your Gamertag? Add me!

Seriously? Lucky you. I need to get me one of them.

What kinda of games you like?

I'd recommend EA access regardless.

And what's your Gamertag? Add me!

Ya, I'm going to sign up for EA Access. It won't be here until tomorrow since he ordered it from Amazon. My PS4 is broken, and he managed to knock it over last night making it even more broken, so he felt guilty. I told him he didn't have to, but....it was really sweet.

I'll post my gamertag tomorrow. :)

Seriously? Lucky you. I need to get me one of them.

I've been wanting one for a while. I have to get a new PS4 or drop $150 to get mine fixed. Going to wait for the 4k one, but it was super nice of him to order the One for me.

The DAY MS and AL go blue is a day I was laugh at the fucking racists that thought the Southern Strategy would work out longterm.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Trump could do it. White people here in some regions are professional pearl-clutchers and they'll loathe voting for someone as brazen as Trump. Probably not enough to flip it, but I think he'll have to spend some money here.

Assuming this year goes well, Hillary is President, etc. What does 2020 look like? I imagine the anti-Obama crowd will continue beating the same drum they have for the last 8 years just with anti-women dogwhistles instead of racial ones, but if the GOP gets crushed this year and we follow it up with four more years of competent governance, who can they nominate that stands a chance in 2020? I honestly think the GOP establishment needs Trump to take the fall this year if they want to regain their party. The crazy wing needs to take a big loss, a big direct hit, if they are going to shut up. If they steal the nomination from Trump and still lose in November, that just means that the party will keep pushing for a 'true' conservative.

I'm not saying that Trump losing this year helps them to be a nationally relevant party in 2020, because I don't see how they bounce back from this year that quickly, but I do think the Tea Party needs to get dashed upon the rocks in a national election, rather than the GOP Convention in order for them to fade away.

My dumbdumb predictions for 2020 is that if they nominate Kasich or someone of his ilk in place of Cruz or Trump this year, they'll just be back in four years... Or even better, they'll get a Palin, Bachman or a Fiorina in
2020 to try and sway women. I think that if they let Trump or Cruz take their shot at it, then they'll be able to safely go back to Romney-esque types in 2020, and that the time might finally be right for a boring moderate Republican to appeal to swing voters.

That said, I think Hillary will fill Obama's shoes nicely and that the country continues gradually shift left after 12 years of solid Democratic leadership.

I think if you don't run Cruz this year, he'll be back in 2020. But Trump is too ego-conscience to lose and come back, so steal it from him and sacrifice Cruz. Then you can get a fresh face in there for 2020.

I'm thinking that we are going through what GOP did with Reagan (Obama) and followed it up with HW (Hillary). I'm concerned that a Rubio like candidate but with a functioning brain could be the GOP's Bill Clinton. Only thing standing between us and that is the insanity of Trump supporters/fed up teapers. However, if GOP can spin them off in their own little party then it will pose a risk to Hillary if they run a typical Republican in 2020.

If we can lock up the Court for another 3 decades, I'll live with losing the WH once. That kind of long-lasting check on crazy will be invaluable.

Get Sunset Overdrive, it's free with Gold right now. And I'd recommend Elite: Dangerous for a good, chill MMO. Also, ARK is on there. And Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom