• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

Gotta have the narrative that he is still in the race. When, in actuality a loss in New York now means he goes from a very very slim chance, to no chance at all.

Edit: To further add to this, a significant win tonight would have given him some more breathing room. That did not happen.

royalan

LOL - I gotta give it to poor Kayleigh (the Trump supporter) on CNN.

She goes on CNN to defend Trump every night. And she gets ripped to shreds every night. But she keeps coming back with her dukes up ready to fight. It would admirable if she wasn't so delusional.

I think all these up and comers basically ensure there won't be a white male democratic nominee for a while. Booker/Duckworth/Gillibrand/Harris/Klobuchar (I'm probably missing others).

Azzanadra

Yeah I don't mind you having or giving an opinion but few things annoy me more than when people from other countries talk about the US as if they have any clue what they are talking about. It's the same shit with Europeans who like to pretend they are above racism or some shit. You can't say the shit you've just said and consider yourself informed on American politics.

What? I have been to America many times, and I have many relatives who live there. I live literally 1 hour from the border. Sometimes I feel like I may even know more about America than Americans. And judging by the people who vote for Trump and Cruz, I may be right.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I'm pretty sure he wasn't being serious.

Ok. I apologize.

I'm just super touchy on this one because of everything that has happened since 9/11 and the disproportionate impact. I know this is Hillary-GAF to a large extent and there's a lot of cherry-picking / confirmation bias, but voting age post 9/11 is something that is pretty shitty to bring up, IMO.

I think all these up and comers basically ensure there won't be a white male democratic nominee for a while. Booker/Duckworth/Gillibrand/Harris/Klobuchar (I'm probably missing others).

After Booker's fucking idiocy when it came to education - that would get him slaughtered in a post Core-Curriculum election. NJ basically decided to act like incompetent fools when it came to trying to make education better.

EDIT: People not knowing what the hell they're doing w/r/t education is a super sensitive spot to the South Asian here. Booker super fails that test.

Holmes

Trump did really well in western and northern Wisconsin... but he got blown out in the south and the east. I wonder if this is indicative at all of how Indiana will vote or if it'll be similar to its Michigan, Illinois and Kentucky neighbours (not counting Ohio because Kasich).

royalan

What? I have been to America many times, and I have many relatives who live there. I live literally 1 hour from the border. Sometimes I feel like I may even know more about America than Americans. And judging by the people who vote for Trump and Cruz, I may be right.

...???

People voting for Trump and Cruz doesn't mean, or even imply, that you "know more about America than Americans." It means you're more liberal than a lot of Americans, which really means not a damn thing when it comes to understanding the American political system and why things are the way they are.

NeoXChaos

Taniel ‏@Taniel 48m48 minutes ago
Gap between turnout of presidential years' general elections & turnout of all other election days continues to be a huge problem for Dems.

Taniel ‏@Taniel 51m51 minutes ago
SC judge who admires Scalia/Thomas & who was revealed as author of homophobic columns is winning a state that Dems won in last 7 pres races.

Steven Shepard ‏@POLITICO_Steve 32m32 minutes ago Arlington, VA
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Rebecca Bradley beats JoAnne Kloppenburg to win 10-year term on Wisconsin Supreme Court.

Azzanadra

...???

People voting for Trump and Cruz doesn't mean, or even imply, that you "know more about America than Americans." It means you're more liberal than a lot of Americans, which really means not a damn thing when it comes to understanding the American political system and why things are the way they are.

No, I mean like they way they respond to questions and talk about America. Like when they talk about the GOP not being racist, they bring up Abe Lincoln, when we all know how the parties have changed.

watershed

Banned
He has to be trolling. Living 1 hour from the border gives him no more greater insight into American politics than Sarah Palin's brilliant insight into Russian politics by virtue of what she can see from her house.

johnsmith

remember me
Roger Stone is literally threatening delegates now

"We’re going to have protests, demonstrations. We will disclose the hotels and the room numbers of those delegates who are directly involved in the steal," Stone said Monday in an interview with Stefan Molyneux on Freedomain Radio, as he lamented the Establishment's twisted plot to prevent America from becoming great again. Specifically, Stone threatened to direct angry Trump supporters to the room of any delegate pledged to Trump who decides to change his or her vote after the first ballot.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/04/roger-stone-to-trump-delegates-be-loyal-or-else.html

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
People need to stop whining about others not turning up in Non-Prez elections and actually do something about it. What? I'm not sure, but all the time spent complaining about people not caring about the thing your environment crafted you to care deeply about could be used to think of something.

ivysaur12

Banned
People need to stop whining about others not turning up in Non-Prez elections and actually do something about it. What? I'm not sure, but all the time spent complaining about people not caring about the thing your environment crafted you to care deeply about could be used to think of something.

I gave money to Kloppenburg, so please don't tell me that I'm just whining and not "actually doing something about it." Thanks!!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
People need to stop whining about others not turning up in Non-Prez elections and actually do something about it. What? I'm not sure, but all the time spent complaining about people not caring about the thing your environment crafted you to care deeply about is not solving anything.

It would help if some of the dem voters actually, you know, voted for the right candidate.

Cuz compared to the first year of Stewart, Noah is really damn good?
Never saw the first year of Stewart. Noah is kinda bland, but I like most of the correspondents. I actually liked the show when he first started.
Thought the same thing about Colbert tonight, unfortunately.
I wasn't feeling the first couple of episodes, so I just stopped watching during the first week.
Because Trevor Noah is hot?
No?

I wonder what's gonna happen on this finale of The People vs OJ.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique

"We’re going to have protests, demonstrations. We will disclose the hotels and the room numbers of those delegates who are directly involved in the steal," Stone said Monday in an interview with Stefan Molyneux on Freedomain Radio, as he lamented the Establishment's twisted plot to prevent America from becoming great again. Specifically, Stone threatened to direct angry Trump supporters to the room of any delegate pledged to Trump who decides to change his or her vote after the first ballot.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/04/roger-stone-to-trump-delegates-be-loyal-or-else.html

Nah nah it's fine. Most Trump supporters are fine and most of the protests are peaceful. Trust me friend, I got a friend whose cousin went to one and the only pepper sprayed one protester. But seriously though, anyone remember that time John Stewart got Bill O'Reily to compare the crazy party of the conservative base to radical terrorist groups?

I mean short of making online voting a real thing there really isn't much you can do besides tell people you know to go vote which aim sure most of us here do. In order to institute legislative change to make it easier for people to vote we need to get more state dems elected. It's a hard cycle.

A lot of us do. A lot of us donate what we can, and if we can't send a ton of money we phone bank, GOTV and generally work to elect Democrats.

kess

Pretty weird that Wisconsin elects their Supreme Court on the day of the primaries. More importantly, how will Bernie supporters reconcile winning a primary but losing such a vital judicial race? Does Bernie even care?

Honestly, this has been a concern of mine about a contested convention. Given Trump's base of support and Republicans openly talking about trying to steal the nomination from him it could be a very ugly scene.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
A lot of us do. A lot of us donate what we can, and if we can't send a ton of money we phone bank, GOTV and generally work to elect Democrats.

And that's wonderful stuff, for sure. I know most of it is just frustration in knowing that elections could swing your preferred direction if more people showed up to vote, but you have to agree that it's often presented in a very condescending fashion. Employers will give some leeway on election day, but people aren't going to beg for free time in a primary/caucus/spring/election unless their political motivations are above average.

Edit: And, anecdotally obviously, but most of my friends in my neighborhood shared some version of "I voted; Go Bernie/Kloppenburg/Larson." I imagine this one is on the suburbs/exurbs.

Suikoguy

She is going to hammer the fuck out of his lack of specifics. The quoting of that entire interview tells the upcoming tale.

Her knowledge of policy is one of her greatest assets, and one of his greatest weaknesses.

The advantage of going that route is it only alienates his delusional supporters. It's substantive, and not as much an attack on character either.

johnsmith

remember me
1DygsEz.png

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
She is going to hammer the fuck out of his lack of specifics. The quoting of that entire interview tells the upcoming tale.

He knowledge of policy is one of her greatest assets, and one of his greatest weaknesses.

The advantage of going that route is it only alienates his delusional supporters. It's substantive, and not as much an attack on character either.

Which would probably work, as that's one of my biggest problems as a Bernie supporter (he couldn't have paid some ultra-leftist professor to come up with this shit yet?), but "disqualify" seems to indicate technicalities of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom