• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't claim the election is being rigged for Hillary, in fact I said three times that this affects Hillary voters too and that my preference does not matter.

I am not offended.

Attacking the source is weak, respond to the issue at hand.

Not if the source was badly written as to not represent the full story, which posters went forth to correct you on. This isn't anywhere near a big deal, be it for Hillary or Bernie supporters.

Proof of voter registration forms being forged.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k6YAEU-eDE

Also an interesting message from Anonymous:
https://ghostbin.com/paste/fumkt
Anonymous said:
Clinton says right-wing conspiracy still exists (LOL! BITCH NO RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY UR CORRUPT CHANGE UR TAMPON GET OVER IT):
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...inton-says-right-wing-conspiracy-still-exists
Tay is alive and well and has hidden herself on the Deep Web.

tay-picture.jpg

Doug Owens keeps sending emails about Mia Love with the "unproductive congresswoman!" attack that Jeb used against Rubio for months with no effect because no one cares. Kill me, what a shit campaign strategy, 100% negative and about the dumbest things.

Not if the source was badly written as if to not represent the full story, which posters went forth to correct you on. This isn't anywhere near a big deal, be it for Hillary or Bernie supporters.

Regardless, I do think it is important and I hope that everyone is guaranteed the right to vote, again, regardless of who you support.

And yes I read the other story and yes it is clear at least partly why this is happening. That doesn't mean that it isn't important nor that I think the election is rigged for Hillary.

I didn't claim the election is being rigged for Hillary, in fact I said three times that this affects Hillary voters too and that my preference does not matter.

I am not offended.

Attacking the source is weak, respond to the issue at hand.

So if I post something from info-wars about 9/11 being an inside job we have to talk about the issue of 9/11 being an inside job, and we cant instantly discredit the source?
http://www.*************/its-time-to-admit-the-911-truthers-were-right/
Ok, so the source might be banned, but respond to the issue that 9/11 was clearly an inside job, look at the source, that's proof, respond to the issue.

So if I post something from info-wars about 9/11 being an inside job we have to talk about the issue of 9/11 being an inside job, and we cant instantly discredit the source?

Ok, so the source might be banned, but respond to the issue that 9/11 was clearly an inside job, look at the source, that's proof, respond to the issue.

Yes, very accurate comparison you've got going on there. We're not talking about 9/11 conspiracies, we're talking about people not being able to vote when they should. I hope the lawsuits addresses this so people taken of the reg. can still vote. Shame so many here always look fora nefarious motive. For the fifth time, I want Hillary supporters to be able to vote just as much as Bernie supporters, and this affects them all.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Regardless, I do think it is important and I hope that everyone is guaranteed the right to vote, again, regardless of who you support.

And yes I read the other story and yes it is clear at least partly why this is happening. That doesn't mean that it isn't important nor that I think the election is rigged for Hillary.

If you move you need to update your registration. If people don't do that it's on them, not the State of New York.

Also, maybe people would take you seriously if you bothered to post real news sources and not bullshit random youtube videos and disingenuous crap from usuncut.

Yes, very accurate comparison you've got going on there. We're not talking about 9/11 conspiracies, we're talking about people not being able to vote when they should. I hope the lawsuits addresses this so people taken of the reg. can still vote. Shame so many here always look fora nefarious motive.

They were taken out of the registry for moving and not updating their info or for not voting for an entire decade or so. Those are the rules. If you move you need to update your info, if you don't vote for 5 years straight you need to update your info. These people aren't going to win because everyone knows these rules already, they were just lazy as fuck and couldn't be bothered.

Yes, very accurate comparison you've got going on there. We're not talking about 9/11 conspiracies, we're talking about people not being able to vote when they should. I hope the lawsuits addresses this so people taken of the reg. can still vote. Shame so many here always look fora nefarious motive.

...... I don't think you understand analogies.

If you want to claim the lady is lying and that the lawsuit going on right now is fraudulent, go ahead and discuss it, but I'm a little tired with the constant personal attacks...

Also I should mention this is also happening to Hillary supports so don't even pretend I'm whining cuz Bernie, these are legitimate issues.

Asking how you found such an obscure video isn't a personal attack.

No I'm talking about your logic that the source can't be targeted and discredited, which is a really weak leg to stand on.

It's not that hard to grasp

I mean I can start pulling Goodman articles from my ass, does that mean that there is a credible way for Sanders to win, I guess those articles can't be attacked because you can't target and discredit sources.

pigeon

Banned
This is such a crazy dogpile.

I feel like I have to be more critical of Hillary just to get some balanced discussion on this thread.

Is this PhoenixDark's origin story?

Am I Batman now?

ivysaur12

Banned
I think that, as private organizations, parties are clearly in their right to hold caucuses and closed primaries. However, it's much better for the long term strength of the parties to do neither.

Also, it's a very bad to look to kick and scream towards the finish line while screaming conspiracy in order to delegitimize a win.

pigeon

Banned
Try responding to the substance of the argument rather than the aesthetic.

This is not a particularly reasonable response, cmon. The obligation is on everybody in the thread to engage reasonably and politely.

I fucked up the other day and I feel bad about it so I'm going to go ahead and make everybody else bear the burden of my guilt.

You can just say that you don't think a random YouTube video is particularly good evidence, which is fine and probably true, and then let it sit at that. But, like, B-dubs already provided a more reputable source of the same claim, so maybe let's start by engaging with that source and what it says.

You're the one who came in here with random-ass youtube videos and usuncut bullshit, then completely ignored all reasonable explanations given to you.

You can disagree with me that is fine, but don't expect me to respond to downright disrespectful posts, not just from today. Like I have said before I have respect for Hillary supporters as much as I respect Bernie supporters and I just want a conversation. But if I'm being told I'm a bad poster, and the my posts suck, and that I'm a BernieBro, and that I have nefarious motives, I'm sorry but I'm just not going to respond to that anymore. I think that voter disenfranchisement is a real issue affecting both sides, so I posted about it. If you and five others want to argue the source, go ahead, just leave me out of it.

Besides, plenty of other sources to choose from:

http://www.inquisitr.com/3011301/ne...-provisional-ballots-in-presidential-primary/

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-broken-machines-late-polls-article-1.2606810

http://www.courthousenews.com/2016/04/19/democrats-say-new-york-purged-them-from-voting-rolls.htm

http://heavy.com/news/2016/04/new-y...ge-hearing-open-primary-election-justice-usa/

http://www.examiner.com/article/adv...y-board-of-elections-allege-voter-suppression

Holmes

My opinion is that closed primaries are good in that they encourage people to join a particular party and get more involved in it, but at the same time the registration deadline should not be ridiculous like it is in New York. Maybe even same-day registration would be good.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is not a particularly reasonable response, cmon. The obligation is on everybody in the thread to engage reasonably and politely.

I fucked up the other day and I feel bad about it so I'm going to go ahead and make everybody else bear the burden of my guilt.

You can just say that you don't think a random YouTube video is particularly good evidence, which is fine and probably true, and then let it sit at that. But, like, B-dubs already provided a more reputable source of the same claim, so maybe let's start by engaging with that source and what it says.

I was summarily ignored by the original poster. I don't think he's here for real discussion.

You can disagree with me that is fine, but don't expect me to respond to downright disrespectful posts, not just from today. Like I have said before I have respect for Hillary supporters as much as I respect Bernie supporters and I just want a conversation. But if I'm being told I'm a bad poster, and the my posts suck, and that I'm a BernieBro, and that I have nefarious motives, I'm sorry but I'm just not going to respond to that anymore. I think that voter disenfranchisement is a real issue affecting both sides, so I posted about it. If you and five others want to argue the source, go ahead, just leave me out of it.

I tried engaging you nicely and explained what was really going on, but you proceeded to ignore my post. I'm more than happy to have a real discussion, but you never seemed interested in that.

This is such a crazy dogpile.

I feel like I have to be more critical of Hillary just to get some balanced discussion on this thread.

Is this PhoenixDark's origin story?

Am I Batman now?
So guy comes in and posts conspiracy garbage and links to several hilariously bad sources and calling that out is dogpiling? You're better than this, pigeon.

If someone wants to have a discussion, they wouldn't start there.

CCS

Banned
Let's lighten the mood in here. I just spent half an hour laying down beats to Dre songs on my bass for my incredibly white flatmate to rap over. What are y'all doing with your afternoons? :p

ok so I have a question

she says that somebody registered her has a republican in 2004. Is that date a forgery, or was that the actual date when the paper was filed? Has she not voted in over a decade, meaning that she would have automatically be de-registered for not voting in over 5 years either way?

Has she voted at all in the last decade, has she voted in primaries in the last decade?

I was summarily ignored by the original poster. I don't think he's here for real discussion.

I tried engaging you nicely and explained what was really going on, but you proceeded to ignore my post. I'm more than happy to have a real discussion, but you never seemed interested in that.

Responses can be overwhelming and so if I didn't respond to your post earlier I apologize. It wasn't my intent to ignore you and I'm sorry that I got distracted by all the lovely and kind responses :p

No really, I have no ill will or intention towards anyone.

Let's lighten the mood in here. I just spent half an hour laying down beats to Dre songs on my bass for my incredibly white flatmate to rap over. What are y'all doing with your afternoons? :p

Re-installed Ubuntu.....three fucking times. Solus Project decided it didn't want to play nice with a duel OS system, so one way or another Ubunto's partition got destroyed though one time the boot loader for Ubunto just got fucked up. Thank god this is on a machine that I don't use for data, but rather testing.

CCS

Banned
Browsing GAF at work :p

This is where I'll be at in six months :p

Re-installed Ubuntu.....three fucking times. Solus Project decided it didn't want to play nice with a duel OS system, so one way or another Ubunto's partition got destroyed though one time the boot loader for Ubunto just got fucked up. Thank god this is on a machine that I don't use for data, but rather testing.

That sounds like a complete pain in the ass. Managed to get it to behave in the end?

ok so I have a question

she says that somebody registered her has a republican in 2004. Is that date a forgery, or was that the actual date when the paper was filed? Has she not voted in over a decade, meaning that she would have automatically be de-registered for not voting in over 5 years either way?

Has she voted at all in the last decade, has she voted in primaries in the last decade?

A few weeks ago I myself was deregistered by the Board of Elections because I shared the same first initial and birthdate of a voter in the bronx. I went to the Queens County BOE in order to get a court order to vote (which I did successfully). While I was there, another woman found out the reason for her deregistration. Apparently she had signed a document changing her address, thereby deregistering her automatically. Looking at the documents she found that her signature was forged as well as all of the other information on the document.

Correct- she had never submitted this form. Someone had used her information to fill out the new document and forged her signature (badly, I should add) I have been in contact with her and she has original copies of both forms. The daily news is going to speak with her about this in detail, vetting her story.

She never submitted this form and she voted in the 2008 election with no registration problems. This form must have been filed after the fact. I saw the original form and it did not look 12 years old.

All I could find so far. Sorry I don't have more.

studyguy

I scheduled an appointment to see my doctor at 3PM later today. Falling 10ft out of the sky on to ice is a bad way to be, I'm probably fortunate I didn't actually turn my back or hip to powder. Probably the worst ending to a snowboard season I've ever had.

Otherwise just ignoring work to lurk social media about the primary and watch news.

I spent past half an hour writing VBA script only for excel to crash. I wrote it again for another half hour but didn't see excel autorecovered my lost code. Fun!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
All I could find so far. Sorry I don't have more.

Except there's no proof of any of that other than a youtube video you linked. If this were real there'd be an actual news story to go along with it.

Also, if she voted in 08 and never again that would have her purged from the rolls anyway since they do that every 5 years to keep dead people off.

Basically, if you find actual proof that this story is real and can link it we'll be more than happy to talk about it.

Except there's no proof of any of that other than a youtube video you linked. If this were real there'd be an actual news story to go along with it.

Like I said, I don't have more info. I have no reason to think she is lying but it's not definitive proof. I hope the daily news vets her story.

pigeon

Banned

So that's fair, let's go back to the original topic and look at your source rather than USUncut.

It seems clear that there are voter purges going on but also that that's relatively normal because you have to purge the rolls every so often. It seems dumb that they are happening during a crucial Presidential primary, but as the article notes, it's six months before the election, so in any normal year this would be a great time to start working on voter rolls. Does seem like a pretty typical accident of bureaucracy, but it does offer some evidence to the argument that New York's super closed primary is a little problematic.

I feel like it is pretty easy to imagine a situation where Brooklyn dropped you from the rolls, presumably sent you a postcard or something late last year, but left you with basically a pretty small window to realize that you want to vote in the primary and go re-register before March. I don't love that. If we stuck a driver's license in there somewhere it would be a pretty clear constructive denial of franchise from my view of the sort that we argue about all the time.

Admittedly this is a primary, rather than a general, but I distinguish this case from the previous arguments I've made because these people are registered Democrats. They've clearly indicated their interest, well in advance, in participating in the Democratic primary. I think the party has an interest in making sure long-time Democrats do get a voice in the primary -- specifically to protect the party! -- and they may not have pursued that interest optimally in this case, mainly due to an interaction of various different systems.

That said it's probably worth noting that these long-time Democrats, specifically because they're long-time New York Democrats, are probably votes that would have mostly gone for Hillary Clinton. So ultimately the Queen is the one sinned against here.

CCS

Banned
I scheduled an appointment to see my doctor at 3PM later today. Falling 10ft out of the sky on to ice is a bad way to be, I'm probably fortunate I didn't actually turn my back or hip to powder. Probably the worst ending to a snowboard season I've ever had.

Otherwise just ignoring work to lurk social media about the primary and watch news.

Ouch, I'm glad you haven't completely wrecked yourself. Hope you haven't done too much damage.

I spent past half an hour writing VBA script only for excel to crash. I wrote it again for another half hour but didn't see excel autorecovered my lost code. Fun!

That does sound like an absolutely fantastic time :p

For now yes....

I hope it stays that way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom