• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
the trump campaign damage control on cnn right now

wtf lol

"we want more balanced coverage"

sooooooooooooooooo you want them to cover hillary more? biased media!

Trump Allies Plot Candidate Intervention After Disastrous 48 Hours

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...ntervention-after-disastrous-48-hours-n622216

LOL-tervention.

Nice try, guys.

You think you can fix this utterly broken, trainwreck of a person with a sit down? You think if you talk to him in just the right way, the reset will happen and he'll suddenly be a stable, knowledgable candidate?

You fucked up when you nominated Trump. You fucked up when you endorsed Trump. There is no fixing Trump with a conversation. There is no righting this wayward ship.

ampere

Jonathan Swan ‏@jonathanvswan 50m50 minutes ago
"I would break his f---ing thumbs if I could" - top Trump donor/fundraiser to me just now.

It's funny because these donors are probably backing Trump hoping he'll do XYZ with regards to taxes, but not like you can really trust Trump at all with regards to anything

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Unless the GOP can somehow force Trump out, I don't see why people are getting excited about these Trump exit rumors. The man's ego want allow him to drop out, and I imagine any forced out would be really, really nasty.

Not to mention that no intervention will work. You can't stop Trump, you can't steer Trump. He goes his own way - his narcissism won't allow for anything else.

Plus, you can't replace him if you're a Republican and want to get re-elected. Too much of the base likes him enough to where interference will give the House back to the Democrats in this scenario.

You have to ride this roller coaster to vomit-town, GOP. Ain't no one gettin' off.

It's funny because these donors are probably backing Trump hoping he'll do XYZ with regards to taxes, but not like you can really trust Trump at all with regards to anything

I mean, at this point, I think you're a big Trump donor if you bought one of those goofy hats.

Unless the GOP can somehow force Trump out, I don't see why people are getting excited about these Trump exit rumors. The man's ego want allow him to drop out, and I imagine any forced out would be really, really nasty.

I think the only way to "convince" Trump to drop out is with a huge check.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Co8PRUuWgAAHWDC.jpg

Will Jordan @williamjordann
New poll – Americans with $150,000+ household income prefer Clinton over Trump by 44-35. bit.ly/2aRePEf pic.twitter.com/yfjIEkfwBn

and chase:

Will Jordan @williamjordann
Romney won households over $100k by 54-44 in 2012.

One of the things about nominating an older person who has a consistent history of specific behavior for decades is that you KNOW what you're getting out of that candidate. If he had the capacity to be different, he'd have done so in his (very) public history. He's not capable of that-he's only capable of being Trump.

I'm still waiting for the some party members to come out and start blaming the current nightmare on Jeb and Rubio for running shit campaigns. "If you guys hadn't sucked we wouldn't have the the trumpster fire!"

edit @ the wealthy voting numbers: not surprising. College educated Americans view Trump very negatively. Keep in mind that wealthy Americans generally benefit from globalization and neoliberal policies, and they would lose more from having those policies mauled by Trump than they would having their taxes raised.

They're doing it now cause Trump said he won't endorse Ryan, McCain, McDonnell and Ayote (and any other Republican who distances themselves from him).

Right, party unity is the only reason most elected officials are even sticking with Trump. If he's going to shit all over Paul Ryan, who is going to be leading party after Clinton gets elected, why not leak everything against him?

Co8PRUuWgAAHWDC.jpg

and chase:

You missed the best part...

The interviews were conducted July 15-25, before the Democratic National Convention and overlapping with the Republican National Convention. In 2012, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney won 54% of the vote among voters from households with incomes over $100,000, according to exit polls.

sonicmj1

yes, but

It's coming.

As pigeon said, the Republicans have no leverage over him. Why would he listen to any of them? What could Reince Priebus do that Trump could plausibly find threatening, as long as he has a millions-strong base of supporters who he can reach through social media?

This is a guy who somehow built a name for himself as a New York real estate developer while simultaneously alienating the entire New York financial industry. If he thinks he's right and he can keep going, he doesn't need anyone on his side, including Newt or Giuliani.

Grief.exe

the trump campaign damage control on cnn right now

wtf lol

"we want more balanced coverage"

sooooooooooooooooo you want them to cover hillary more? biased media!

CNN literally hired one of Trump's campaign managers, how much more balanced do they need to be?

DrMungo

As pigeon said, the Republicans have no leverage over him. Why would he listen to any of them? What could Reince Priebus do that Trump could plausibly find threatening, as long as he has a millions-strong base of supporters who he can reach through social media?

This is a guy who somehow built a name for himself as a New York real estate developer while simultaneously alienating the entire New York financial industry. If he thinks he's right and he can keep going, he doesn't need anyone on his side, including Newt or Giuliani.

They basically let an sociopathic arsonist in the house, and gave him all the matches. Now they are trying to tell him to not do anything rash. Except he now can destroy it all if he wants. I'm sure Trump gets a kick out of having this power and people begging him.

Reminds me of this play I read in college

"The Firebugs"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fire_Raisers_(play)

If you look at the FEC filings, when Trump does joint events with the RNC the money actually goes to the party first and they cut his campaign in on the backend. Priebus could hold off cutting those checks until Trump calms the fuck down. But starving your parties Presidential candidate of money to pay stuff, run events, etc is generally considered a bad idea.

Even Tim Kaine's Tweets are Dad Tweets. I love this guy.

Senator Tim Kaine ‏@timkaine 2m2 minutes ago

You could have a different point of view, but you don’t have to hate the other person. You can work together.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yup, Rush Limbaugh has been flipping the narrative with this - that Trump is the "everyman" candidate and Hillary is the elitist. sigh.

Limbaugh and Hannity have been hilarious recently.

I might even tune in to hear Michael Savage today, he has to be going nuts.

Anyone been listening to Levin? I know he hates Trump.

HylianTom

Banned
Even Tim Kaine's Tweets are Dad Tweets. I love this guy.

Senator Tim Kaine ‏@timkaine 2m2 minutes ago

You could have a different point of view, but you don’t have to hate the other person. You can work together.
I read that and laaaaaaughed. That's one level away from him posting a dangling kitten with the "hang in there" caption.

Limbaugh and Hannity have been hilarious recently.

I might even tune in to hear Michael Savage today, he has to be going nuts.

Anyone been listening to Levin? I know he hates Trump.

I can't take Levin for more then a few minutes. The guy is both an ideology that wants to use the constitution to promote his social conservatism while claiming it is "liberty". Hes also a bully to his callers. Hes an asshole. The type of person Levin is, is the reason they are so hated so much.

I remember getting a satellite radio in 2008 during the election. And driving home while listening to stuff. I was a huge Obama fan and then I'd get to his show and he was basically a nut. Ever since then I just can't take what he says as having any legit opinion to it.

I think we need to replace the traditional dumpster fire .gif with something new that captures the enormity of the situation. I vote for the scene in Toy Story 3 where all the toys are slowly sinking into a gigantic flaming garbage pit. Bonus points if the GOP faces are shopped over the toys'.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

I think you're underestimating Trump's reliance (subconsciously or otherwise) on implicit GOP support. If everyone steps away from him at once they have a lot of power.

I think you're underestimating Trump's reliance (subconsciously or otherwise) on implicit GOP support. If everyone steps away from him at once they have a lot of power.

That power manifests itself in the electorate. If Paul Ryan pulls support, there's a good chance Trump die hard supporters will punish him at the polls in November. He's loses his seat, he loses the Speakership. Many Republicans up for re-election won't take that chance. They're going to hem and haw until 11/8.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
oh my god

Reince Priebus @Reince
At time when US is newly concerned about terrorist attacks, we can't afford such unprincipled & out-of-touch leadership on world stage

10:23am · 3 Aug 2016 · TweetDeck

(he's talking about Clinton but out of context LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom