• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
https://twitter.com/DKThomp/status/760825607936704512

Derek ThompsonVerified account
‏@DKThomp
Trump in the last 24 hours ... http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/fir...ss-mode-n622116?cid=sm_twitter_feed_firstread …

Co7-z5xXYAApsAL.jpg

Interesting...

Polls suggest Paul Ryan insulated from Donald Trump angst

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...l-ryan-insulated-donald-trump-angst/87993796/

Donald Trump’s refusal to endorse House Speaker Paul Ryan is a head-turning election story, a new milestone in a bad political marriage and a sign of extreme, ongoing Republican turmoil.

But there’s little evidence in the polling so far that it will seriously hurt Ryan back home in Wisconsin, where the Janesville congressman faces a GOP primary next week against first-time candidate and Trump supporter Paul Nehlen.

More detail at the link.

If I'm Priorities, I'm dropping my CO ad buy and shifting it to Arizona. Then, I'm going to tell the press "I am doing this to see if the polls move, it would be nice if someone's campaign would run some of their internals in the state and see."

Iolo

It looks like they're including the money raised for the RNC in this total, not just the Trump campaign itself.

Right. Approximating here from memory:

Clinton campaign: $63 million
DNC Joint: $27 million

Trump campaign: $30 million + $5 million in Trump loans
RNC Joint: $45 million

I'm dead. I'm fucking dead.

Benjy SarlinVerified account
‏@BenjySarlin
. @KatyTurNBC reports Christie is not part of the intervention, sources say it's because he's still mad about the VP process.

pigeon

Banned
I'm so entertained that trumps strategy right now is to do a full court press on the idea that Trump's campaign staff doesn't hate him.

Someone in the campaign should have a GoPro and be recording Trump Reacts videos for youtube after the election.

Christie is not part of the intervention, sources say it's because he's still mad about the VP process.

His kangaroo court behavior at the RNC has done nothing but provide more things for Donald Trump to react to. Christie hasn't helped one bit.

Republicans will find out too late that what they need to do is turn the Don into a bubble boy. Filter the stuff that comes in so the awful stuff doesn't come back out.

The reason a lot more of his money goes to the RNC is he's using them to run his GOTV operation, so far as I know. I could be wrong on this, but I remember reading it somewhere.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

‏@BenjySarlin
. @KatyTurNBC reports Christie is not part of the intervention, sources say it's because he's still mad about the VP process.

Why would he help the guy who most likely promised him a VP slot and did not give it to him?

this 400 million to Iran is the top story on Fox every half hour. Is this a big deal?

What what was fucking promised with the nuclear deal, part of their frozen assets, so no, it's not a big deal, nor a surprise to anyone. But obviously it's going to be deceitfully twisted into something sinister for political gain by many.

TS-08

this 400 million to Iran is the top story on Fox every half hour. Is this a big deal?

To conservatives who want to shift attention from Trump. There's almost nothing about the story we didn't know in January (including the "ransom" allegations). The only thing is the WSJ story has details on how one of the payments was made.

Iolo

Someone in the campaign should have a GoPro and be recording Trump Reacts videos for youtube after the election.

Remember the story that the phones in Trump Tower are all wiretapped so Trump can know what's going on with this aides? Well, that can go two ways, as Nixon can attest.

Iolo

‏@BenjySarlin

And that is the kind of stuff I was talking about.

Axelrod said something quite a few months ago that was instructive. He said that the campaign is a crucible and every campaign will be tested severely; that in that moment the strength and infrastructure of the campaign is at its most important, and that your relationships with the party and voters are paramount. It's not just how the candidate handles it, but the candidate's underlying support. Without that support, you may not be able to pick yourself up.

The reason a lot more of his money goes to the RNC is he's using them to run his GOTV operation, so far as I know. I could be wrong on this, but I remember reading it somewhere.

The RNC is managing the entire registration and get out the vote effort, and it (likely) won't suck. I think claims that the Dem effort is going to blow it out of the water are overstated.

ctothej

My favorite part of the Trump dumpster fire is that Manafort is "mailing it in." Dude was maybe the one hope for Trump to have a legit campaign.

pigeon

Banned
Remember the story that the phones in Trump Tower are all wiretapped so Trump can know what's going on with this aides? Well, that can go two ways, as Nixon can attest.

Holy shit, I hadn't heard that.

If true, these recordings are going to come out before the election.

The RNC is managing the entire registration and get out the vote effort, and it (likely) won't suck. I think claims that the Dem effort is going to blow it out of the water are overstated.

Eh, I've seen no evidence to suggest it's going to be excellent. I mean, ORCA was terrible. Trump still has little (if any) campaign staff in most states.

Grief.exe

Everything is Clinton's fault. Captain Khan died in 2004, Clinton's fault. Melania plagiarized Michele's speech, Clinton. Campaign in disarray, Clinton.

Iolo

Holy shit, I hadn't heard that.

If true, these recordings are going to come out before the election.

I believe this was the source. It was a minor detail within a longer article and no real evidence was provided to back it up, so who knows.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/05/28/us/politics/donald-trump-campaign.html

A sense of paranoia is growing among his campaign staff members, including some who have told associates they believe that their Trump Tower offices in New York may be bugged, according to three people briefed on the conversations.

Come on, get a head start, Trump staffers! Someone needs to do the first tell all if they want to spin a terrible career move like joining Trump's campaign into something worthwhile. Why wait? Get while the getting is good.

Also, Trump's campaign headquarters is inside Trump towers?

Can we just FOR A SECOND talk about what would happen if Hillary's campaign and the Clinton Global Initiative shared a building?

How bad is it for the Republicans right now? I'll tell you how bad.

The words 'Hillary' and 'Clinton' do not appear on the front page of /r/politics right now.

smurfx

get some go again
rather than drop out i can see trump getting frustrated and just stop campaigning until election time. he would also skip the debates and basically stay home. guess it would be the adult version of hiding under his sheets and hoping everything is okay. although he might be doing that too.

rather than drop out i can see trump getting frustrated and just stop campaigning until election time. he would also skip the debates and basically stay home. guess it would be the adult version of hiding under his sheets and hoping everything is okay. although he might be doing that too.

I'm pretty sure the GOP would be extremely happy with this!

DrMungo

Thats probably the best case scenario for the GOP. They just have to confiscate his phone and limit access to twitter.

However, I doubt anyone can tell him what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom