• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's pretty clear this campaign, the RNC, or anyone can't make him to do anything.

I think it's just posturing on their part, to get what they want. Maybe shorter, focused on other issues, but skip it? Even Trump can't afford to do that, IMO.

ampere

The debates happen with or without Trump. Anyone who gets at least 15% in the polls they use is invited. If no one shows up except Hillary...then no one shows up but Hillary. The debate goes on as scheduled....hopefully with an empty podium next to her to remind people that Trump is an orange covered, good for nothing, coward, who can't even be assed to show up.

That could be a good setting for Hillary. Headlines will be "Trump skips debate, is he scared of Hillary?" and she'll have a bunch of prime-time Q&A with no rebuttals

royalan

If Trump doesn't show up for the debates, I think that will be the moment the media well and truly turns on him.

Everyone has been billing the debates as the must-see event of the year. There are going to be some pissed off execs if they don't happen.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
My ex has been texting me all morning, diablosing over Trump trying to 'pivot' and 'revealing' his economic 'plan'. There are no signs of his nonsense working in the general. I can only bring up polls and the electoral college so many times.

So from Cook Political Report's Where the Race for the White House Stands 100 Days Out

I can see the debates not happening, and I can totally see the Trump campaign not caring at all. Hmm.
Or maybe this is a weird attempt at lowering expectations so much that people are impressed that he even shows up.

Trump will do at least one debate, hoping he can simply dominate his way to victory via bravado and attacks. Win or loss he won't do a second debate: if he "wins" he'll declare victory and move on, if he "loses" he'll declare the debates rigged and write the rest off.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My ex has been texting me all morning, diablosing over Trump trying to 'pivot' and 'revealing' his economic 'plan'. There are no signs of his nonsense working in the general. I can only bring up polls and the electoral college so many times.

Or maybe this is a weird attempt at lowering expectations so much that people are impressed that he even shows up.

Your ex?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Since we discussed batman a while back, Happy International Cat Day, everyone!

lmjKXkl.gif

Emarv

Trump gonna become Bobby Fischer after the 1st debate. Complain about every little detail and saying they're trying to ruin the whole thing.

"Three cheers for getting rid of the death tax," Ryan spokeswoman AshLee Strong wrote on Twitter during Trump's speech.

Ballard also welcomed Trump's proposal, calling a repeal of the estate tax "the linchpin of the conservative movement: they get you when you're earning your money and they get you when you die."

Gee, I wonder why conservatives aren't very popular these days?

Anyway, I would be shocked if Trump didn't at least do the first debate. if he skips out of the first debate, he's going to lose really fucking badly. Like, Texas, SC, Montana, Indiana lose badly.

I'm sorry, but that would be such a fucking disaster. The media would crucify him. He would look weak. Hillary would have 100% attention on her on the questions on every broadcast station and news station and radio stations.

Put it this way. If Trump doesn't do the first debate, I'm going to assume he literally does not want to win because that is the only world where it makes sense even in Trump's twisted worldview.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Figure Labor Day-ish, Trump will start commenting on the bias of the moderator(s) of the first debate. Threatening to leave, but ultimately willing to "give them a shot". First debate is a disaster and Trump them claims to have been right all along about the bias.

I don't think he'll outright refuse to do more, I think he'll refuse to do them unless he gets to name the moderators. I think at some point he's going to call for someone like O'Riley or Hannity to moderate the debate.

Then he'll drop out, but try to spin it as "Hillary is to scared to get asked questions by real journalists". He might even try to hold his own event against the debates.

...so ends my vision.

Can someone explain to me why when CNN made a chart showing which countries have a monarchy, they made categories for "True Rulers," "Rulers with Some Powers," "Figureheads" and "Queen Elizabeth II"

Why does she get her own category!?

Slayven

Can someone explain to me why when CNN made a chart showing which countries have a monarchy, they made categories for "True Rulers," "Rulers with Some Powers," "Figureheads" and "Queen Elizabeth II"

Cause she is a QUeen

@danmericaCNN
Hillary Clinton announced today in Florida that her campaign has received 6.2 million donations from 2 million donors since launching.

@danmericaCNN Dan Merica Retweeted Dan Merica
Per @JoshSchwerin, 900,000 ppl, 54% of them new, donated to the campaign in July. Average donation was $44.

$44 is so bougie.

Joeytj

Banned

I guess it's because she's the queen of, like, 17 countries so she needs a whole list of countries of her own.

Monmouth spittin' that fire to the haters

In other words, the Monmouth sample is evenly divided between Democrats and Republicans when it comes to registration and past voting behavior. Yet when asked how they see themselves politically, these same voters are 9 points more likely to call themselves Democrats rather than Republicans.

The question you should be asking yourself, in light of events over the past few weeks, is why that might be so.

Wilsongt

Seriously, the Democratic sit-in was a noble thing, but they best prepare themselves for silly Republican demonstrations like that if they lose the House.

Ted Cruz is gonna live on that floor like the temper tantrum baby he is.

It probably broke rules though, so RIP house Dems

NeoXChaos

Midterms wouldn't be a problem of existing if turnout was identical to pres years. If the democrats in 2010/2014 had pres turnout of 60% and still lost badly would we be complaining?

Kid Heart

So from Cook Political Report's Where the Race for the White House Stands 100 Days Out

I can see the debates not happening, and I can totally see the Trump campaign not caring at all. Hmm.

I think Trump will skip most, if not all, debates since he knows he would probably get thrashed on actual policy. Now that he can't hide behind like 10 other people engaged in a shouting match I can see him getting worried about being exposed. After all, if there is one thing Trump hates most in the world it is getting his ego bruised.

Campaign response to the 50 National Security officials saying they won't vote for Trump:

CpXuJHBWAAEEx7e.jpg:large

I.e., TOTAL LIGHTWEIGHTS AND FLUNKIES!

Seriously!? Why respond to this!? OMG. I'd say the whole campaign is run by monkeys flinging shit, but that would be an insult to Harambe!

LET IT GO.GIF

Iolo

The guy who has his kids running his business, campaign, cabinet &c. is complaining about a family dynasty in the White House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom