• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Just saw the clip of Giuliani repeating the obviously false talking point about Hillary saying she will raise taxes on the middle class. Was he always this big of a scumbag and I just wasn't paying attention? He's seriously gone off the rails the past couple of years. I hope he knows that he's completely destroyed his legacy.

Twitter on fire over that tweet.
Which tweet?

Just saw the clip of Giuliani repeating the obviously false talking point about Hillary saying she will raise taxes on the middle class. Was he always this big of a scumbag and I just wasn't paying attention? He's seriously gone off the rails the past couple of years. I hope he knows that he's completely destroyed his legacy.

Which tweet?

He's always been a scumbag. It just wasn't that obvious outside of NYC.

shem935

Banned
Okay I've got to post one tweet:

darice fisher ‏@daricefisher 1h1 hour ago
#ManyPeopleAreSaying he's just standing, nothing to say. maybe wasn't allowed to have anything to say. You tell me.

CpYa-bVUEAA1X8s.jpg

https://twitter.com/daricefisher/status/762826851513282560

He's always been awful. He had broad popularity because being in the right place at the right time allowed him to take credit for "cleaning up" NYC and post-9/11 sympathy.

We're not even trying to read tea leaves anymore. We're reading the paper towel the tea leaves were put on momentarily. We all need Jesus.

Christine

Uh, oh, time to panic. Clinton campaign manager admits to falling short of fund raising goals:

We've mapped out every day left in this election -- and we know exactly what we need to raise every 24 hours to fund our organization and beat Trump.

This weekend, for the first time since the convention, we fell short.

And I wouldn't feel bad about that except I'm pretty sure that Trump's fundraising is still picking up steam.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This is the first election I feel like Fox News has been so obvious. Like not Hannity or whatever but the actual "news" engine.

This is the first election I feel like Fox News has been so obvious. Like not Hannity or whatever but the actual "news" engine.

Maybe that was Ailes' master stroke at work all these years, and no one else can quite replicate the "we're so obviously biased, and yet not clearly biased" touch.

Gruco

Banned
So far, this is the clusterfuck of my dreams. 10 straight days of poll growth for Clinton. Second tier targets clearly in play, possibility for third. Abandoning Trump increasingly normalized for public officials. Trump unable to decide between teleprompter and Twitter. Donors still backing him because the estate tax is the lynchpin of the conservative movement (seriously wtf GOP). Favorables collapsing for any Republicans speaking against him. Senate candidates getting dragged down, completely fucked in every direction.

I guess what I am trying to say is, we should have nominated Bernie. Only Bernie can beat Trump.

Retro

Colorado has two republican members of congress vulnerable and Virginia has one. They also both have republican controlled state legislatures that they might need help flipping.

We were talking about how running ads in states that are normally safe for Republicans spreads them thin; not only do they have to worry about swing states, but because of Trump they have to worry about places like Missouri (which is what started the conversation) and Georgia.

The subject of flipping red states over to blue comes up all the damn time, but it never seems to happen because during the all-important presidential election years the Democrats tend to focus on the swing states and ignore the ones they think they can't win. Trump presents a unique opportunity in two ways; first, he's doing so badly that Hillary doesn't really have to fight in all the usual places, freeing up money to pour into other areas. Second, he's an albatross, and just getting ads out there that can paint the Republicans in that sickly Cheeto Orange shade could theoretically do some damage.

Besides, it's not like she's abandoning the state, she's just pulling ads. Pretty sure she has an event in Denver next week, actually.

What down ballot races are we talking about flipping in Indiana and Texas?

Just threw those two out as examples of states she probably won't win but people are always talking about (Texas because it would be delicious, Indiana because of 2008).

Why haven't we seen any in the GOP go with either of these yet:

The people are asking to hear my voice
For the country is facing a difficult choice
And if you were to ask me who I'd promote-
Hillary has my vote
I have never agreed with Hillary once
We have fought on like 75 different fronts
But when all is said and all is done
Hillary has beliefs, Trump has none.

Vote for the Lizard, not the Wizard.
Vote for the Crook!

Loser Susane Colins hasn't done one thing since she's been a Senator. The people of Maine deserve better. Make America Great Again! #MA #MAGA

kess

The banner on top of Trump's twitter looks photoshopped, like, isn't there at least one picture of Trump and Pence waving their arms and doing thumbs up in the same frame together

Lawrence O'Donnell hitting Ivanka on making clothes outside of the U.S., and the lack of paid family leave at the company. Would love to know how election is affecting her business now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom